MATURE'S MATINEE MESSAGE BOARD

A Forum To Discuss The Talented Actor Victor Mature

MATURE'S MATINEE MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vic Mature

Hi! :) Thank you so much for your message and for your nice comments. I really appreciate it so much! I'm so glad that you've found the site and look forward to you visiting again! Thank you so much also for sharing your wonderful Victor story with us!

Have a great day!

Shannon

Re: Vic Mature

Another story that I heard told by the father of a friend of mine when my foks moved to Fern Creek back in the early 50's was that they used to kid Victor who as a young boy helping his father on a delvery to the local grocery to whit: They called victor, "Victor MaNure" I guess that passed for boyhood Kentucky humor at the time! I reckon that was proof that "Mature" was not just a fancy stage name...

Tom

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thank you so much for this wonderful site about such a unique, kindhearted man that Mr Mature was. I am a native of Louisville Ky. and was aware that Victor was also a native. I knew that he was an avid golfer also. A close friend of mine who was also a golf nut spoke often of seeing him on the links here in louisville. I suspected that Victor was a fiendly sort since my friend often talked of how he would have casual conversation with Mr. Mature at these events. I wish to thank you for all the wonderful stories about how down to earth and uncommonly human and generous Mr. Mature was.

Thanks again for your effort...

Tom Parrish

Re: Re: Vic Mature

LOL! Cute story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Hope you have a great day!

Shannon

He was our neighbor in Rancho Santa Fe

Our family lived in Rancho Santa Fe in 1956. We lived at the fire department. My dad was the fire captain/sheriff and my Mom was the Dispatcher. Victor Mature live down the street from us on Fuego (fire in spanish) drive. My dad would patrol his house when he was on location filming. When he returned from filming Victor Mature would come visit my parents, specifically my Mom. She was a great cook and he like to have a good meal and conversation. I try to explain this to the younger folks today and they do not know who he was. I tell them that it was like having Brad Pitt/George Clooney as your neighbor.

Good Memories

Re: He was our neighbor in Rancho Santa Fe

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you so much for sharing your sweet story about knowing Vic! You're so lucky to have known him and to have such fond memories of him visiting at your home!

Thank you so much again for sharing your story with us! We look forward to you visiting again!

Have a wonderful day!

Shannon

Re: He was our neighbor in Rancho Santa Fe

He seems to have been a very decent and down to earth person. I am certain that it was pleasure to know him and associate with him as you did. I enjoyed his movies.
God bless.
John in Louisville, Ky.