Return to Website

MATURE'S MATINEE MESSAGE BOARD

A Forum To Discuss The Talented Actor Victor Mature

MATURE'S MATINEE MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Remember Victor on August 4th

Remember Vic on August 4th, 4 years after he passed away. Remember him by watching your favorite Vic movie tomorrow.

Shannon

Re: Remember Victor on August 4th

Re: Remember Victor on August 4th

Hello Shannon,
Hope you are well. I went out today and rented Kiss of Death which is one of my favorite Vic Mature movies and watched it again. This film gets better every time I see it. Vic was just fabulous in this picture. His acting was not appreciated in his own time and is not appreciated today which is a crying shame. He was a wonderful and strong dramatic actor in my opinion. Contrary to what people may think, Vic was extremely serious about his acting work and was very specific in mentioning that fact back in the 1940's. His work is due for serious evaluation by film scholars. When I was a member of the American film Institute nothing was done on Vic Mature to my surprise since he was popular for decades. I hope this omission will change. Well I watched him today and remembered him fondly for giving all of us so much pleasure. Take care
Sandy

Re: Re: Remember Victor on August 4th

Hi Sandy! Thank you so much for your nice message. That was such a great way to remember Vic today. Kiss of Death is one of my favorite Vic movies too. I think that it was the first movie that I ever saw him in. That is so true about Vic's acting and that his work is due for serious evaluation by film scholars. It would have been so nice to have had Vic receive the recognition that he deserved during his lifetime. He definitely should have received an Academy Award for some of the great performances that he gave us in such classic movies.

Thank you so much again for posting. Have a great day!

Shannon