Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mom of 3 needs prayers and help in a very difficult situation

I really do not know where to start. My name is Julie, I am a Christian and I live in Virginia. I just recently left my emotionally and physically abusive alcoholic husband . I Am a mother of three children a boy age 11 and 2 girls ages 6 and 8 who are everything to me. The kids father abused me physically and mentally for years. I tried to stay with him because I took my marriage vows seriously but I could not stay any longer. Being beaten and abused was not only bad for me but bad for the children to be around it. He did awful things such as he broke my hand which caused me surgery with 6 screws putting my hand back together. The surgery led to a blood clot in my neck and I was hospitilized for that. Then I got Mono which has left me very sick and weak , then Plurisey which is a lung infection and I have severe migraines and now this car accident. I am in alot of pain and unable to leave the bed at this point. . My friend gave me a cordless keyboard and mouse and has set the computer up so I can do it from bed since I am unable to get up at this point. I had two surgeries done on my foot and leg so far and have stiches under my left eye , both eyes are blackened and I have whip lash and bruised rib and pelvis and a broken nose one side is collapsed and has to be operated on later this week and fractured bones in my face also.... I just want to get well and be able to return to working so I can provide for myself and the children. I am alone and scared. He threw out most of our stuff and what stuff he didnt throw out he broke. He literally took whole drawers of clothes ect and took them to the dump when I was not at home. I am under a protective order for the moment anyway. He already broke it once and just spent a month in jail because of it. He just got out of jail. They didnt put the kids on the protective order for some reason so until Nov when we go to court we both in the eyes of the law have custody. His lawyer did advise him to stay away from me and the kids but .... as the kids school said if he shows up they have no choice but let him take them. He has threatned to take the kids and to kill me and Now all I can do is sit here and hope he does nothing and pray. The kids have been warned not to go with him and I dont think they would because they are scared of him at this point... but you never know like you said if he will try to win them over ect. I will not be able to walk ect for at the very least 10 weeks. . He is staying as his moms so they say . Desperate people do desperate things and I really do not know what his mind set is. We still have to go to court for the criminal charge for him throwing me into the van ect and my lawyer said due to some of the things I have found out there may be more charges pending against him. The kids are going to testify of his abuse to me and them. I did not find out that he was also abusing them until his arrest because they were scared to tell me and have him do something to them. I have always been self supportive but for the last few months everything that has gone downhill. . I am afraid I will be evicted if I do not somehow come up with rent and I have prescriptions that I cannot even fill. I am trying to cope the best I can. If anyone can help me with anything I need food and clothing and daily living items ( I have a walmart and Kroger nearby and a friend that is able to run errands for me or used clothing for me and the kids, food , towels , sheets, any daily living items to help us get by please. I have tried contacting local places but have not gotton any help except one church gave me a $50 gift card to food lion last week and salvation army you can only go to once a month and all they gave me was a bag of a few canned vegtables, a pack of sausage, a pack of buns and a can of tuna. No milk even and they only let you go once a month and I have three kids if you cannot help I understand , but please at least keep us in your prayers. I know that God will hear the prayers and somehow I will get through this and be able to start over and have a wonderful life for me and the kids. I truly believe everything happens for a reason ... and someday I will know why all this has happened. . I have faith in the Lord that somehow I will get through this. I do not know where to turn for help so I am trying here I to see if anyone can because I am desperate . I had a problem with social services about 6 years ago which is why I will not turn to them for help Social Services does not care .. they wouldnt even listen to me just threatened me and treated me like total garbage. Not to mention also that also my son a few years ago broke his arm at the babysitters and I had CPS monitor me for months because of that. I was at work not even there. him and another boy were playing on a wagon and he fell off ....... and because of that I had these complete strangers questioning my kids at school and showing up at my house. The system does not work ... it