pcnd's forum

Anything about organs and related music

pcnd's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mander discussion site

For instance, on our host's 'own' organ (Wimborne Minster) I remember picking up a booklet about it when I first visited in around 1977, and being amazed that the Pedal is so generously specified. I don't think (in my relatively limited experience) I've ever come across another instrument where the Pedal is actually the largest division thereon.
At St George's Chapel, Windsor, the pedal is also the largest department with 20 stops (four more than the Swell). It's fully independent at all dynamic levels and the Great to Pedal coupler is completely superfluous.

Re Mr Mander's site. Yes, I thought I'd got banned too! Since Invision have been called in I wonder whether Manders will take the opportunity to develop it a bit more. Would be nice. (But it's very kind of them to host the forum in the first place, so I'm not griping.)

M'sieur Cocherau: your site colours look fine to me.

Hmm... Could sure do with an "edit" button though...

Hmm... Could sure do with an "edit" button though...

Quote: Vox.

Tell me about it!

The other thing it could do with is a selective reply facility - the only way I can see to achieve this, is to highlight the desired text on the original post, right-click, select 'Save As', and then insert it in the new post. It is a little like driving from here to Birmingham via the RCO.

(*Bitch-slap*)....

To all users - particularly any refugees from the temporarily 'off' Mander Board - please let me know whether this boards is useful and. for that matter, my site, in general.

M'sieur, it almost feels like a home from home - even down to the clunky clock!!

"M'sieur, it almost feels like a home from home - even down to the clunky clock!!"

Vox, you are too kind - a gentleman, sir!

Now that the 'other' forum is back up and running, let's not all desert this place - I rather like it here. There are the seeds of some interesting discussions - and possibly we're not being watched by the RCO either

Steve

Might just be me (of course), but I can't get on the Mander site again this morning. If others would try and report back, this would be kind.

P.

Me neither Paul - seems like another security issue from a brief scan of the rather 'serious' looking error page.

Mander website is working OK for me and I agree with Steve... lets keep it going here.

Peter

You are all most welcome here. I would be interested to know if anyone feels inclined to use the on-line live chat facility. If so, perhaps we could find a way of synchronising times, if people are interested. Personally, I would find it fascinating to take part in a discussion regarding organ matters over the 'net.

Yes - I think a bit of live chat would be interesting if the right people were around at the right time. I'm not sure I could add anything particularly valuable, but I'm sure I could learn something worthwhile!

Steve

Its gone again.........

Peter

The Mander board still seems to be down.

Hi Sean - still no luck with your guestbook, but hopefully this will work.

Haven't had time to browse everything, but seems like a good site!

Just one point with which I would take issue in your "Journal" - why would anyone want to avod "the scantily-clad shivering nymphettes who are busy drinking all the vodka" ? Send a few my way any day!!

Cheers

Andrew

Ha!

No - you are probably correct. However, I think that even you would wish to avoid the Protective Dyke....

I ned to contact JPM tomorrow, so I will also ask about the Mander board.

In the meantime, please tell everyone that I will be delighted for people to use my site. Incidentally, although (for some bizarre reason) there is no 'edit' facility on this board, there is a 'preview' button, with an opportunity to make changes, so it is almost as good - honest!

Andrew - I see what you mean about the guestbook. It is now a bit late, but I will try to investigate tomorrow and see if I can sort it out.

Oh my God - this board's clock is SO wrong....

Remember that, whilst this board does not possess some of the features of the excellent Mander board, I do have live discussion - if anyone wishes to chat. You will need a recent version of Java enabled, in order to participate. ....

.... and the emoticons are more fun, too....

Yes, thank you So much....

OK, even though it is late, I have sorted the guestbook (hopefully). At present, the fields in the post response page are clearly labelled....

I spoke to John Pike Mander today, who informed me that his webmaster is working to try to ensure that the board is back on-line as soon as possible.

However, at present, she (the webmaster) is not sure exactly what has happened and the server is not being particularly helpful.