pcnd's forum

Anything about organs and related music

pcnd's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My photo albums

I think that the RCO have already read and digested some of what 'organists out there' are saying about them,. Not before time.

I wonder if the editorial panel of 'The Organ' and 'Organists' Review' can be similarly informed. In this regard, I admit to being a coward.

I have nothing to fear or expect from The RCO, by contrast I have (in the past) received some kind support from both organists review and The Organ - they have reviewed my CDs and published these. I cannot afford to alienate them, I'm afraid. Besides, it feels like biting the hand that fed me.

I have lots to say about these two glossy publications but chicken out! I did collar Richard Popple of the IAO on the subject when I saw him recently at a private function. I bet he wishes he hadn't asked what I think. It was a pretty comprehensive and vehement opinion!

Re: My photo albums

I enjoyed the photos very much, especially the organs.

I don't suppose it's possible to get a longer range shot of the minster organ? It would be nice see it in the wider context of the building, but I guess you'd need a time exposure for that.