Return to Website

PLAYS MORRICONE

This forum is a venue to share opinions and information about other musicians interpreting Morricone's music. I was inspired by Michael Caletka's forum, and used the same service provider with him. Thanks Cali...

PLAYS MORRICONE
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Willem Breuker Kollektief's interpretations

Thanks for your reply Armagan.

I must say I don't really like Breuker's Chi Mai. It's very different from the original (which is good - why make the same thing again?), more fanfare-like, but keeps some of the Morricone arrangements (the rock drums for example), making it an overall inconsistent track.

But I don't know Breuker's work enough to situate this track and judge it properly.

Didier

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Didier,

As far as I know, the following are the Morricone pieces re-interpreted by Willem Breuker Kollektief (my list may not be exhaustive):

-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in "Rhapsody in Blue" (this is an LP) by Willem Breuker Kollektief/Vera Beths String Quartet,

-Chi Mai in "Celebrating 25 Years on the Road" (two CDs) by Willem Breuker Kollektief,

-Chi Mai in "Metropolis" by Willem Breuker Kollektief/Mondriaan Strings/Toby Rix, and

-Revolver in "Gershwin" by Willem Breuker Kollektief/Vera Beths/Mondriaan Strings.

Best wishes,

Armagan

Replying to:

Armagan,

Has Willem Breuker adapted any other Morricone music than "Chi mai" on his "Metropolis" album?

Didier

Replying to:

Tell us what you think about Willem Breuker Kollektief's interpretations of Morricone's music.