Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Park Street, Cambuslang

My grandparents were william and Bridget smyth

Your location Derbyshire

Re:43 Park Street, Cambuslang

My mother was born in 1923 to John and Helen Robertson .Her name was Anna They lived at 43 .Cane to look last week (from South Africa) very disappointed Any info or photos?? Thanks a mil I was adopted Ainslie

Your location South Africa

Re: Re:43 Park Street, Cambuslang

Just sent you an email

Regarding my short posting herewith on this topic of Park Street may I say that quite a close relative in the US, someone I didn't know and who's doing research into the family, has been in touch with me through this great facility kindly provided here by Ed Boyle. With many thanks.

Your location Orpington

I lived at 45 park street and there was a family by the name of Robertson they had one daughter could that be the same family.
cheers tommy

Your location austraiia

Was doing research on my family who lived at 43 Park St when I came across this site.

All my family both on Dad and Mum’s side all came from Cambuslang

My grandparents Hugh and Jean Thomson lived there and my father Jim Thomson was born at number43 in June 1920, they then moved to 140 Main St in the 30-40s

Mum’s family all lived and were born in 39 Colebrook St. 6 kids my Mum’s name was Jean Burns and my grandparents were Jim and Chrissy Burns

All the family were either miners or steelworkers at Colvilles

The Burns family except my Mum and her sister Chrissy moved to Australia after WW2. My family moved there in the late 60s

My grandfather Hugh Thomson’s family lived at 53 Monkcastle Drive. I noticed just up the road from that address is Thomson Court(not sure if family had any connection.
I did hear that the Thomson’s had a bakery somewhere near there.

I was back in Cambuslang in Feb 2020 as I still have relatives there that we visit

I also have a heap of old photos of old Cambuslang

Gordon Thomson

Your location Perth Western Australia

I REMEMBER 21 PARK STREET 1955 TILL IT WAS DEMOLISHED 1963 THE FAMILY NAMES I REMEMBER BOTTOM FLAT BURNS FAMILLY 2ND FLOOR WAS CRUMLISH FAMILY AND KELLY FAMILY TOP FLOOR MCCLOY FAMILY

Man thanks for your post, though as hardly anyone reads nowadays can I suggest you repeat it on the Auld Cambuslang FB group. MAay member there will be interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217151895019175

Ed

Your location Kilmarnock