Return to Website

Old Cambuslang

Old Cambuslang Snippits and Personal Contact messages

Old Cambuslang
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wood family, Collins family

I am trying to contact some of my family still in the Cambuslang area. My parents were Jessie and Walter Wood. My Dad was born on Church st in Cambuslang in 1933. He and his family later moved to Westburn. His parents were Alex and Martha Wood. His brother and sisters are Betty(last of California) Jeanette and Alex jr. (deceased). My mother was born Jessie Collins in 1934 to Paddy and Maggie Collins of Montrave St. Farm Cross. Her brother and sister are Bill Collins (last of East Kilbride) and May Davidson (last of Mansion Court, Cambuslang). My parents and I lived first in the tenements in Silverbanks and then at 8 Brown Place, Cambuslang. I attended West Coats school. My parents and myself moved to Canada in Dec. 1969.

I would love to hear from anyone in my family or anyone who knows them or at least may remember myself or my parents. My cousins are June and Sandra Collins, Sharon Davidson, Alan and Brian (Jeanette Wood's boys, can't remember their last name, their fathers name was Eddie). I have other cousins in area, but can't think of their names. Also looking for old friend, Leslie Maxwell, parents May and Alex Maxwell, brother Stuart Maxwell. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks

Your location Canada

Re: Wood family, Collins family

I have found my friend Leslie Maxwell, but still looking for my cousins.

Your location Canada