Return to Website

Old Cambuslang

Old Cambuslang Snippits and Personal Contact messages

Old Cambuslang
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
oriltz estate?

Ed.. i'm sorry, i don't think my planes buzzed long eneogh to annoy anyone, however thereby hangs a tale, and tomorrow I'll try to put it together. So after I partake of a scottish breakfast and tidy up i shall come back..remember I am 5 hours behind you and I shall be watching Celtic vs Rangers on my screen live via Hong Kong at 7.30am. with a chinese commentary. it can be difficult to understand!

Jim

Your location Burlington Ontario Canada

Re: oriltz estate?

Jim
Can you see your hoose from here?

http://www.edwardboyle.com/EB/cambuslang/TheGlen.jpg

Re: Re: oriltz estate?

Ed.. your message of 24th.. how come I can't raise the URL ..Screen displays no web site..

Jim

Hello Jim, are you copying and then pasting the address into the address bar? It worked for me OK. Have another go, it’s a great old photo.

Your location Australia

Laurie.. I tried to contact you but the mail was returned as undeliverable. Why is that ...am I doing something wrong ..I don't think so. Plse contact me again.. I would like you to find about a lynne Butler of new zealand who may have in her/his possession a book of the empire exhibition of 1938 held in glasgow in which there appears a photo of my whole family at that time.

Jim

Jim, I have no idea why you can’t use the e mail address, I tested it and it works OK… anyway I can see you’re keen to get a hold of the book.
I checked out Google and found an Antique Book seller online that has a copy, here is the address.

http://www.ilab.org/db/books2017_7.html

I can't seem to get html on this website.

Just put it into your address bar or copy and paste into a words document. The address will then be highlighted to take you directly to it. you can buy the book online. Good luck.

Your location Australia

Hi Ed I replied to this particular message last night, it never got posted and my aol mailbox has no record a message was sent.

I hardly ever swear at least on my 1st email so can't be you sensored it for language unbecoming a Scot if ther is such a thing.

maybe I need tae revise my mailbox settings? and is there an undeliverable email boneyard where I can retrieve the original and forward it, or is it lost for eternity.

Tam

ps I just realized I may not have completed the crazy text box that would sabotage my mail??
but wouldn't it "NOT" send if something were missing from the "REQUIRED" info

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Jim
Can you see your hoose from here?

http://www.edwardboyle.com/EB/cambuslang/TheGlen.jpg

Your location Essex Junction, Vermont USA

there's very little that resembles the Glen Ed, there was a babblin' brook with high banks, bramble bushes and great climbing trees, noo it's nae mair than a bit o' muddy grun.
I lived in the 2nd house from the left, the 1st 2 houses are on Deans Ave the 3rd, 4th and 5th are on Dechmont Ave and the 6th 7th and 8th are on Gilbertfield Rd.
in the picture gallery "then and now" the last group on the page, 1st picture "Craigallian Ave with Gateside......
it shows the lane that ran beside the Glen which would be on the right, and on the left is the field where I went tottie howkin' that 1st wee hoose belanged tae a Mr Watkins we'd raid his gooseberry(goosegog) bushes.
there's a guid picture o' CastleChimmins Road and Avenue on page 3, 5th row last picture.

Your location Essex Junction, Vermont, USA