Resurrection of Valor's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Resurrection of Valor's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Teamwork on building Raids for all levels

Well said. Also along those lines we need to try to get back to forming guild-groups; and i'm not just talking about you and 1-2 of your closest friends. I'm talking about grouping with as many ppl as possible in your lvl range; the old formula was your lvl times 1.5; so at lvl 30x1.5=45 (rounded up) would have been the lvl cap where you would no longer gain exp. I do believe (but don't quote me as i could be wrong) that SOE nerfed that formula from 1.5 to 2; allowing you to group with ppl twice your lvl; 30x2=60 (again rounded up); unfortunately i don't have any toons low enuff to test this (lowest possible lvl to group with 70 would be 35 under the new formula; but not many 70's are goin to group that low). Anyways back to the subject at hand; we need to start focusing more on guild-groups so we can learn each others strengths/weaknesses so that when we DO our raids ppl will know what to expect from the others. This does work in making our raiding forces stronger and more successful than just your average public raid where you could end up with 20 ppl that have never played with each other and don't know how the others play (which can lead to the dreaded wipe). I know some of you have made friends with others outside of RoV (due mostly to the sparse number of toons in your lvl-range) and that's fine; I'm NOT telling you to stop grouping with them; just to try to have more than 2 RoV members in your group if possible. It sends out a strong message to other players/guilds that says "hey, these guys are always together, helping each other out." Believe it or not we've actually had ppl come to us (the officers) and say "we'd like to get in this guild, you guys seem like you are always having fun."

Re: Teamwork on building Raids for all levels

Glad to see your coming back Tanck, we will need a nice warrior like yourself on our upcoming raids.
As for what Gorr said I would like like to add if you need any help and I am within lvl range plz send me a tell if I am not doing anything at that particular moment.

Also, I went on the Carpin raid last night 05/17/05 with a minimum of 36 people (Thats 6 groups). Nohands, Mantuis, Dimer, and Dimena all went too. The average lvl on this was 65 and we still WIPED TWICE. It didn't help much that we didn't have a shammy and that Carpin had 1 Million hit points and could regen faster than we could take away his health. However, my point is:

When Gorrayn tells you to exucute a certain tasks, you must do it in the fastest possible manner. He is the raid leader and has more power over even the most experienced of players. I plan on taking out Carpin in our guild one of these days when everyone gets a little older, but this requires us to work together and be on our toes. I encourage you all to type on your screen /join backflag and if you are at a high enough lvl join the raid that is goin on that night. You will see that raiding is very ordered there is very very low entrophy A.K.A. Disorder.

See you all at the raids this Saturday/Sunday

Domition