AFFI Honor Guard Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

AFFI Honor Guard Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dana MacCrimmon funeral

Dear brothers and sisters,

I am writing to inform everyone on the days events at the funeral for Sister Dana macCrimmon. I want to start by thanking the Honor Guard members who attended for taking time out of your schedule to be a part of such a solemn event. Many AFFI HG members traveled from all over the state to HONOR, CHERISH, and REMEMBER. For this, I am deeply grateful.

I want to also thank the Carbondale Fire Dept. for inviting us into their home on such a tragic day. They welcomed us with open arms and treated us with nothing but the utmost respect. It was a very moving ceremony and every AFFI HG member performed flawlessly. This is what we train for.

I had the fortunate position of commanding the ceremony. We met with the Fire Chief and Union President who conveyed how they wanted things to take place. The HG answered the call. I was able to delegate several positions without worrying that something would not go right. Thank you to the Color team, the Bell team, the Cordon team, the Bagpipers and the many uniformed Firefighters who professionally displayed their knack perfection.

I can tell you the Carbondale Fire Dept and the family sincerely appreciated all we did. I can go to sleep tonight knowing we properly sent a fellow sister home.

Thank you again to all. Words cannot express my grattitude at this point. In such a tragic situation, we made good.

The Carbondale Fire Dept also reserved a room at a local resteraunt for us to eat and drink on their tab... SUCKERS!!! Just kidding. Thank you President Braswell...you did not have to do that.

In closing, this is what we are here for. We train and work hard through the year for moments like this. As unfortunate as they are, I hope we shed some light on the fire service and its traditions and send our commrades off the right way.

Thank you all very much. I could not have done my job without you.

Until we meet again,

Jeremy DeJournett