AFFI Honor Guard Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

AFFI Honor Guard Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bagpipers

I have a friend who is a retired FF from my department- Freeport Fire Dept. He already is a bagpiper, has been playing for several years. If he wanted to join the AFFI Honor Guard as a bagpiper, would he need to do the year in this district first or could he move to the piper's district right away? I know the rule of practicing for a year with your district, but is that only for someone who wants to learn to play or does it include those that already play and just want to join the AFFI's group?

Re: bagpipers

Brett, ANYONE who wants to join District 8 must complete 1 full year in the H.G. (Districts 1-7) before being able to apply to District 8. After the first full year, then a person may apply to District 8 between the months of March and July only. This allows time to learn the cadences, steps, movements and tunes. Once a person applies to District 8 they must attend a minimum of 5 training sessions before the next convention to be considered for induction into District 8. If you have any other questions, you e-mail me at mrn0099@yahoo.com.