Return to Website

POW/MIA Freedom Fighters

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED.

ALL THE POSTS CURRENTLY HERE, WILL REMAIN.
HOWEVER, THIS FORUM WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY NEW POSTS.

TO READ AND POST IN THE NEW FORUM, PLEASE CLICK BELOW:

http://pub199.ezboard.com/bpowmiafreedomfighters47395

THANK YOU!

POW/MIA Freedom Fighters
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CBS Infliciting Pain to POW Families

To: jen@powmiaff.org

Dear Jen:

I have never asked an organization to do anything like this before, but I am writing you to encourage anyone in contact with you to write letters to CBS news for airing pictures of the Iraq POW's on their Sunday Morning show. (March 23,2003). They not only showed the pictures, but let the name and rank of the soldier be known. We must let CBS know what they did was wrong, and caused unnecessary pain and suffering. It is time to protect these families. It is the least we can do for these prisoners in Iraq.

At the time this was aired, there would not have been enough time for the military to contact, brief and protect these POW's families. Imagine being a family member to see this on TV!!!

As a family member of someone who is MIA from Vietnam, I was appalled and sickened that CBS would run this video. No other US network would run it, as they must have know the pain they would inflict on these families, not to mention the flood of "information seekers" who would descend on these families.

Please encourage your members to write to CBS to voice their opinions of their choices and the pain that they are inflicting on these poor servicemen and servicewomen families'.

Thank you for your years of effort to protect POW/MIA families, and to encourage accounting and closure.

Sincerely,

Carol Eberhard

CSB - Shame on You

http://www.aiipowmia.com/inter23/in032303shameonyou.html

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

To: jen@powmiaff.org

Dear Jen:

I have never asked an organization to do anything like this before, but I am writing you to encourage anyone in contact with you to write letters to CBS news for airing pictures of the Iraq POW's on their Sunday Morning show. (March 23,2003). They not only showed the pictures, but let the name and rank of the soldier be known. We must let CBS know what they did was wrong, and caused unnecessary pain and suffering. It is time to protect these families. It is the least we can do for these prisoners in Iraq.

At the time this was aired, there would not have been enough time for the military to contact, brief and protect these POW's families. Imagine being a family member to see this on TV!!!

As a family member of someone who is MIA from Vietnam, I was appalled and sickened that CBS would run this video. No other US network would run it, as they must have know the pain they would inflict on these families, not to mention the flood of "information seekers" who would descend on these families.

Please encourage your members to write to CBS to voice their opinions of their choices and the pain that they are inflicting on these poor servicemen and servicewomen families'.

Thank you for your years of effort to protect POW/MIA families, and to encourage accounting and closure.

Sincerely,

Carol Eberhard