Return to Website

POW/MIA Freedom Fighters

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED.

ALL THE POSTS CURRENTLY HERE, WILL REMAIN.
HOWEVER, THIS FORUM WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY NEW POSTS.

TO READ AND POST IN THE NEW FORUM, PLEASE CLICK BELOW:

http://pub199.ezboard.com/bpowmiafreedomfighters47395

THANK YOU!

POW/MIA Freedom Fighters
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pfc. Lori Piestewa Identified By Family As MIA

http://wwwkfoxtv.com/news/2063657/detail.html

A 22-year-old Mother of two, Lori Piestewa attended Army ROTC in High School, taking after her father who was a Vietnam veteran, and her grandfather - a World War II Vet. Family is important in

the Piestewa family.

"It's very important to me knowing that my family is taken care of (while I'm away)," Piestewa told KFOX News on the day of her deployment. "Knowing that they'll be o.k. while I'm out there, and I don't have to worry about anything while I'm out there."

Piestewa has a 4 year old son and 3 year old daughter. At the family's home in Tuba City, Arizona Lori's brother Wayland remains positive. "She can survive. She knows how to survive. I was more

optimistic to know that she wasn't by herself and that's what we were really worried about."

Piestewa is one of two Ft. Bliss women who are Missing in Action. A third woman with the 507th Maintenance Company is a Prisoner of War.

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

Re: Pfc. Lori Piestewa Identified By Family As MIA

HOPE YOU COME HOME SAFE

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

http://wwwkfoxtv.com/news/2063657/detail.html

A 22-year-old Mother of two, Lori Piestewa attended Army ROTC in High School, taking after her father who was a Vietnam veteran, and her grandfather - a World War II Vet. Family is important in

the Piestewa family.

"It's very important to me knowing that my family is taken care of (while I'm away)," Piestewa told KFOX News on the day of her deployment. "Knowing that they'll be o.k. while I'm out there, and I don't have to worry about anything while I'm out there."

Piestewa has a 4 year old son and 3 year old daughter. At the family's home in Tuba City, Arizona Lori's brother Wayland remains positive. "She can survive. She knows how to survive. I was more

optimistic to know that she wasn't by herself and that's what we were really worried about."

Piestewa is one of two Ft. Bliss women who are Missing in Action. A third woman with the 507th Maintenance Company is a Prisoner of War.

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.