WHAT?! Don't have a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue - Legacy Edition yet?
Buy it HERE from Amazon, and support Dennis Wilson Dreamer.org in the process!

Convert your friends!
Buy a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue for your best buds
and introduce them to the greatest record of the 20th AND 21st centuries!
They'll thank you "FOREVER"!
Return to Website

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM

Welcome to the Blue Bambu Room, a lounge where you can kick back, listen to the waves, have a cold one, and talk about Dennis, his music, his life, his brothers, his band. TO RETURN TO DENNIS WILSON DREAMER .ORG, CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO THE LEFT.

NOTE: On June 18th, 2008, Sony BMG/ Legacy Recordings released the long awaited reissue of Dennis Wilson's masterwork, the acclaimed 1977 solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Aside from a brief CD release in 1992, this is the first time this album has been widely available to the public since it's first appearance. Included in this release is a second disc packed with previously unreleased material from sessions leading up to a second solo album, tentatively titled BAMBU.

So, have you heard the new release? What do you think? What surprised you? Do you have questions? Reviews? Opinions? - they are all welcome here.

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Message for Admin ...

Actually... I'm not that bothered - it keeps her off the streets and provides me with some useful target practise.

You have to feel sorry for someone who truly believes in the nonsense they're peddling.

I am truly sorry my innocent question started such a bizarre tirade. I was stunned this morning when I read those posts. I was thinking what have I started and did I somehow egg it on? I took the first response at face value but quickly realized my mistake when it began to fall apart.

I have been a reader of The Blue Room on and off for quite a few years and respect the validity of this site. I rarely write anything so it is unfortunate that it got so weird when I did. Thanks to all who contribute on a regular basis with accurate information. Keep up the good work.

Elle
I am truly sorry my innocent question started such a bizarre tirade. I was stunned this morning when I read those posts. I was thinking what have I started and did I somehow egg it on? I took the first response at face value but quickly realized my mistake when it began to fall apart.

I have been a reader of The Blue Room on and off for quite a few years and respect the validity of this site. I rarely write anything so it is unfortunate that it got so weird when I did. Thanks to all who contribute on a regular basis with accurate information. Keep up the good work.

No need to apologise - it's not your fault that someone else here is, ah, shall we say, a trifle odd ?

HEY DAN...

Seeing as how this is decidedly a "down time" for the board, any chance of re-posting some of the truly fascinating and groundbreaking posts/conversations/recollections (e.g. Roach, Stebbins, Shapiro) from 2002/2003 when this board was truly cooking and THE spot for intelligent DW discussion???

Re: HEY DAN...

You know Howie, I tear up when I think about this...I saved those posts for years, and then a computer crash came along last year and completely wiped them out. bravenet's service doesn't save old posts past a certain date...so we'll just have to trust the cycles and rhythms of the Denny Fan Universe to bring those informative times back around, and I'll back them up next time

Re: HEY DAN...

Those were the days...

Buy it for your Dad! Buy it for your son!
Hide your wives and daughters!
(Don't say we didn't warn ya!)