WHAT?! Don't have a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue - Legacy Edition yet?
Buy it HERE from Amazon, and support Dennis Wilson Dreamer.org in the process!

Convert your friends!
Buy a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue for your best buds
and introduce them to the greatest record of the 20th AND 21st centuries!
They'll thank you "FOREVER"!
Return to Website

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM

Welcome to the Blue Bambu Room, a lounge where you can kick back, listen to the waves, have a cold one, and talk about Dennis, his music, his life, his brothers, his band. TO RETURN TO DENNIS WILSON DREAMER .ORG, CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO THE LEFT.

NOTE: On June 18th, 2008, Sony BMG/ Legacy Recordings released the long awaited reissue of Dennis Wilson's masterwork, the acclaimed 1977 solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Aside from a brief CD release in 1992, this is the first time this album has been widely available to the public since it's first appearance. Included in this release is a second disc packed with previously unreleased material from sessions leading up to a second solo album, tentatively titled BAMBU.

So, have you heard the new release? What do you think? What surprised you? Do you have questions? Reviews? Opinions? - they are all welcome here.

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dennis tee

Hi there, just thought y'all might be interested in a Dennis Wilson t-shirt I created..

http://weadmire.net/tshirt/dennis-wilson-t-shirt/

Re: Dennis tee

I like it

Don't like the price though!

Hey Ward -- Although it's nice that you were thinking about Dennis when making that T-shirt, you DO KNOW that that's a direct quote given from Dennis to Jon Stebbins in 1978. Obviously there's no copyright on "quotes" -- but if there was, it would be Stebbins'. Seeing as how nobody on the planet would've known or heard of that quote without Jon Stebbins (e.g. Peter Ames Carlin) -- why don't you give him 80 percent of your profits. That's fair, no???

Licensed? doubt it..... Money should go the estate.

Believe me, I'm one of the first to want to spread the work of Dennis but after being the licensing industries for over 10 years, I'd be very careful.

I'm not being literal, Karla. I'm saying -- in a polite way -- that the quote is STOLEN from a book, specifically from a personal first-hand conversation that existed nowhere else before THE REAL BEACH BOY. That's the point of my post. It's sarcasm, Karla.

Buy it for your Dad! Buy it for your son!
Hide your wives and daughters!
(Don't say we didn't warn ya!)