WHAT?! Don't have a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue - Legacy Edition yet?
Buy it HERE from Amazon, and support Dennis Wilson Dreamer.org in the process!

Convert your friends!
Buy a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue for your best buds
and introduce them to the greatest record of the 20th AND 21st centuries!
They'll thank you "FOREVER"!
Return to Website

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM

Welcome to the Blue Bambu Room, a lounge where you can kick back, listen to the waves, have a cold one, and talk about Dennis, his music, his life, his brothers, his band. TO RETURN TO DENNIS WILSON DREAMER .ORG, CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO THE LEFT.

NOTE: On June 18th, 2008, Sony BMG/ Legacy Recordings released the long awaited reissue of Dennis Wilson's masterwork, the acclaimed 1977 solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Aside from a brief CD release in 1992, this is the first time this album has been widely available to the public since it's first appearance. Included in this release is a second disc packed with previously unreleased material from sessions leading up to a second solo album, tentatively titled BAMBU.

So, have you heard the new release? What do you think? What surprised you? Do you have questions? Reviews? Opinions? - they are all welcome here.

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The London Mix

Hi,

Iam new to this board, I had been active on Eddies Board earlier this "century" and inspired by the BBC docu thought, I wanna get involved again. ;-)

So, here's the question, does anybody heard anything about a possible release of the so called London Mix of Holy Man???? That would be great, Queen doing Dennis.

Sorry, if that question has been asked before, I used the search function but couldn't find anything.

Best regards,

Marc

Re: The London Mix

Hi Marc, welcome aboard

I too would love to hear this, although I can;t imagine it being an improvement on the superb job Taylor Hawkins did

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! And good to see some familiar names, too! How are you Eddie? Eager to see who else I knew from the past and remembers me. ;-) Can´t remember my old nick name from roach-clips, well maybe it was just Marc, I think I was the only one.

Anyway, I love the Taylor Hawkins Version, but, if you can have chocolate and sweets, why just go for one. ;-)

Marc

On last report the Queen version isn't scheduled for any release, There was some disagreement over the mix, i've heard a couple, Queen up, Queen down, I prefer the John Hanlon mix which keeps the Queen element very subtle...but honestly I think Rob hit the nail, it doesn't improve the song, just makes it a bit curious in my opinion. However, there are some parties involved who would love for the Queen version to see the light of day...so it just might at some point. Can't say when as of today.

Thank you for the answer. But don't get me wrong, I love the song just the way it is, it's not about getting it better, it's outstanding. The Queen Version is a tribute and for that reason I would like to hear it. As an addition. As an honour to Dennis.

Marc

Hey, Marc: How great to see & hear from you again! (And yes, you were Marc 'back in the day' on the Roach-clips.com board. BTW, watch for a relaunching of our site, coming soon.)
You know, I'd like to see & hear it released, too, and wish that Sony had taken advantage of the documentary 'over there' to garner more interest in Dennis' music. As it is, it's been back in the Amazon Top 100 ever since the doc. aired!

Ah, feels good to be back, which such a nice welcome!
Roach-clips really stood out, and Iam happy that a relaunch is planned! Great memories, I have from those days and Iam pretty happy, that it brought me to this thing here, to find you guys again!!!

Amazon Top 100 that is a number and damm, it deserves it! Holy man is one of the most special songs I have ever heard. If they would release that mix, it would give another publicity wave, Queen does Dennis, that would reach a whole new kind of people, think how many Queen fans there are. Besides, I would love to hear Brian May on a Denny song. Wish I could play there, too. ;-)

Buy it for your Dad! Buy it for your son!
Hide your wives and daughters!
(Don't say we didn't warn ya!)