WHAT?! Don't have a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue - Legacy Edition yet?
Buy it HERE from Amazon, and support Dennis Wilson Dreamer.org in the process!

Convert your friends!
Buy a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue for your best buds
and introduce them to the greatest record of the 20th AND 21st centuries!
They'll thank you "FOREVER"!
Return to Website

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM

Welcome to the Blue Bambu Room, a lounge where you can kick back, listen to the waves, have a cold one, and talk about Dennis, his music, his life, his brothers, his band. TO RETURN TO DENNIS WILSON DREAMER .ORG, CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO THE LEFT.

NOTE: On June 18th, 2008, Sony BMG/ Legacy Recordings released the long awaited reissue of Dennis Wilson's masterwork, the acclaimed 1977 solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Aside from a brief CD release in 1992, this is the first time this album has been widely available to the public since it's first appearance. Included in this release is a second disc packed with previously unreleased material from sessions leading up to a second solo album, tentatively titled BAMBU.

So, have you heard the new release? What do you think? What surprised you? Do you have questions? Reviews? Opinions? - they are all welcome here.

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Been listening to B.Boys my whole life

I grew up in So. Ca. La. Spent all my time on the beach. Not a surfer, loved your music, still love it. Now im trying to find original vinyl. The last time I saw you was in 1995 at the oregon state fair. You need to get back out there, millions of us love you. Beach Boys Will go down in HISTORY. I love you! I'm not gay, You are a part of my life, and I thank you. Tom Sumner

Re: Been listening to B.Boys my whole life

"I'm not gay"???

Unintentional hilarity FTW!

Sheet Music

Hi All,

I stumbled across Dennis Wilson about 2 years ago after watching 2 lane blacktop (I was previously a massive James Taylor fan (still am, actually)). Before I watched the film, I knew Dennis was a beach boy and that he was the only surfer in the group and also that he died very young but that was about the extent of my knowledge on the great man. I decided to read his wikipedia page and from there I have started the greatest love affair of my life. The next day I purchased POB and the moment I heard the intro to River song, I knew I'd found something very special - I needed to emulate the great sounds I had heard on that album. Since then I have searched the internet relentlessly for sheet music for Dennis Wilson but I can't find a single piece. There's plenty of beach boys music out there but I'm not a massive Beach Boys fan, just a Dennis fan. I will/would be happy to pay for the sheet music but still I can't find anything. If anyone can point me in the right direction, you will be doing me (and I'm sure many others) a huge favour. I can't actually read sheet music yet or play the piano with great conviction but am willing to learn if it means being able to play Holy man, are you real and river song (among others). DW died just months before I was born, yet I still mourn his passing like he was a good friend to me. I don't know if it's the power of his music, the loss or a clearly great man or the legends that surround him or possible all these reasons why I look up to DW as one of my biggest heroes. Please, please someone try to help me find his sheet music... I only want to do what the great man did over 30 years ago.

Mark, UK.

Re: Sheet Music

Nice post mate, and I hope you can find the music you're after

Buy it for your Dad! Buy it for your son!
Hide your wives and daughters!
(Don't say we didn't warn ya!)