WHAT?! Don't have a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue - Legacy Edition yet?
Buy it HERE from Amazon, and support Dennis Wilson Dreamer.org in the process!

Convert your friends!
Buy a copy of Pacific Ocean Blue for your best buds
and introduce them to the greatest record of the 20th AND 21st centuries!
They'll thank you "FOREVER"!
Return to Website

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM

Welcome to the Blue Bambu Room, a lounge where you can kick back, listen to the waves, have a cold one, and talk about Dennis, his music, his life, his brothers, his band. TO RETURN TO DENNIS WILSON DREAMER .ORG, CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO THE LEFT.

NOTE: On June 18th, 2008, Sony BMG/ Legacy Recordings released the long awaited reissue of Dennis Wilson's masterwork, the acclaimed 1977 solo album Pacific Ocean Blue. Aside from a brief CD release in 1992, this is the first time this album has been widely available to the public since it's first appearance. Included in this release is a second disc packed with previously unreleased material from sessions leading up to a second solo album, tentatively titled BAMBU.

So, have you heard the new release? What do you think? What surprised you? Do you have questions? Reviews? Opinions? - they are all welcome here.

The BLUE BAMBU ROOM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Guess I'll Start This Here

I am thrilled that Dennis is finally getting some recognition. I can't wait to see the finished product. Especially since his family is involved. You know they will make sure it is done properly with love and respect. I can't wait to see who they get to play him.

Ed Roach
I know; I was real surprised, too. However, the one board it was discussed on let the thread die after only a few days, and it hasn't even been discussed on some of the others. So I'm glad the BBC documentary got a better response than this did...

OK Ed...I made a suggestion as to who might make a good Denny

Your turn now - who would you suggest?

Sorry Ed, for not responding sooner. I read your post but, wasn't quite sure what kind of deal it was.
If it's done right and stays with the truth, it will be a great project. Sometimes (most times) I find books or film about The Beach Boys ,especially Dennis, to be interesting BUT, very depressing. Being a fan and looking in is a lot different than being a friend or family member. An example is how Mike Love can talk a lot of trash about Dennis or Brian, because he was so close to the everyday problems (drugs, sleepin' with band members wives fights etc..). As fans we get ****** at Mike BUT we didn't have deal with any of it. We fans cut Dennis more slack than we would our own relatives. I've often wondered what you thought when say, you were at your house chillin' out and Dennis would pull into the driveway? Was it "Cool, Dennis is here" OR "CRAP! What's he gonna get me into this time?"

PS: I don't mean to imply that friends and family don't get depressed about Dennis. Your sorrow is actually real and for a loved one, ours is towards a hero we didn't know personally.

I can't believe they're really making a movie all about Denny!!!!!! I thought we'd be lucky to get a Brian movie much less one about Dennis! I'm truly floored!

I don't think anyone really looks exactly like Dennis, but I used to like Michael Schoeffling (from 16 Candles & Mermaids) because I thought there was a slight resemblance. Once for a split second while I was watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager, a boy on that show named Daren Kagasoff, reminded me a tiny bit of Dennis. I have no clue why. But truthfully I think they're going to have a hard time finding someone to play him, everyone knows there will never be another Dennis (or anyone like him). That's why the one we had was so special Anyway I'm just truly grateful this happening!!!

I am so excited to know this really happening. You know who I think would make a great Dennis? Andrew Wilson, the OTHER brother of Owen and Luke. His last name is only a coincidence.

I have dreamed they would make a movie about Dennis and several of my friends have always thought that Andrew Wilson would be the perfect actor to play him.

Check out this photo: http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2009-10/49599556.jpg

^^^
Not a bad shout

Buy it for your Dad! Buy it for your son!
Hide your wives and daughters!
(Don't say we didn't warn ya!)