U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2012 Veterans' Day Parade, Memphis TN

Hello, my name is Mary Ann Lucas. I am a volunteer for the Memphis Scottish Society, Inc.
I am coordinating this year’s participation in our local Veterans’ Day Parade. In that capacity I would like to invite retired Military Working Dogs and their current human handlers (whether those handlers are active duty, veterans, or civilians) to join us in our parade units. I have the permission of the parade’s coordinator to extend this invitation. (Incidentally, he is a member of the Scottish Society.)
We have both a marching unit, for those who are able to walk the slightly-over-1-mile route, and a vehicle unit, for those (2-legged or 4-legged) who need to ride and let me know ahead of time.
The parade will be held on the morning of Monday, November 12, 2012 in downtown Memphis, TN. Our units will gather on North 2nd Street under the I-40 overpass (approximately 300 North 2nd Street, between Market Avenue & Jackson Avenue) at 9:00 a.m. The parade starts at 10:00 a.m. & will be over before noon.
In case the MWDs (or their handlers!) would be distressed by bagpipes, brass bands, or flapping flags/banners, please be aware that there are all of these near us in the parade line up. However, no gun salutes or pyrotechnics are planned as part of the parade.
To ask questions, obtain more information, or let me know that you & your MWD will be joining us, please contact me at 901-725-1879 (home office), 901-517-6257 (cell), StarCntyDown@aol.com or 1528 Linden; Memphis, TN 38104.
I hope you will plan to join us in honoring our Veterans and MWDs, whose service has meant so much to our country.