U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WW2 Marine K9 Corp

I have a picture of my uncle with his corps dog, on Iwo Jima. Family lore says it was once on the cover of Stars and Stripes.

I am hoping that by contacting you I can find our more about the picture.

-paul

Re: WW2 Marine K9 Corp

Hi Sir, my name is Joseph H. Snyder.

I just want to say I have a true reverence and respect for your Grandfather and his War Dog serving in WW2
at Iwo Jima.

I am respectfully requesting to see the photo of your two warriors and to possibly ask if I would be able to use the photo to showcase them in my Coffee Company called "WAR DOG COFFEE" we Roast Coffee and also pay reverence to our War Dogs and our nation's Warriors!

I would also pay for the rights to use the photo if needed.

My cell is 907-250-7188 (Alaska)

I am retired military serving several tours in Afghanistan.
My Uncle served in the South Pacific during WW2.

Thanks so much for your time,

Respectfully,
Joseph H. Snyder

Hello Mr Snyder,

I am more interested in finding the Stars and Stripes issue.

Thanks,

-paul

Hello Mr. Depesa,

Thanks for your response to my message. I will do my best research to help you find the issue of Stars and Stripes that you are looking for.

Please stay safe and healthy at this time.

Respectfully,

Joe

Mr. DePesa,

I researched and found a site for Stars and Stripes that may help you locate the edition that you are looking for.

The Archives for Stars and Strips can be found at:

https://starsandstripes.newspaperarchive.com

I hope this helps Sir.

Joe

Thanks for your response to my message. I will do my best research to help you find the issue of Stars and Stripes that you are looking for.| drywall services near me

Such a good heart for helping him find the research he need. Hope he read your message.

I was just searching for an auto detailing near me but this post appears in the search result. I am inspired upon reading this.

Is there any update about the pictures you're looking for?

limo service for wedding

Thanks for your response to my message. I will do my best research to help you find the issue of Stars and Stripes that you are looking for. drywall crack repair Dallas texas

Wow! great blog post! this is interesting I'm glad I've been drop here, such a very good blog you have I hope u post more! keep posting. drywall repair

A truly remarkable contribution to the thread. I think that you'll find some really helpful information on this website. This is looking really promising so far. Keep it up! Thanks from Green Waste Removal Townsville

Great to know these details. The comments are very helpful. scent diffuser commercial

Very insightful and interesting content.
Thanks for sharing your experience
Website

Awesome to know that. commercial oils

The interest in using dogs by the U. S. Marine Corps began in 1935 when Central American guerrilla soldiers used dogs as sentries to alert the soldiers. lake havasu city vacation rental homes

One option would be to search online archives of Stars and Stripes to see if you can locate the issue with the picture on the cover. You may also want to try contacting the publication directly to see if they have any records of the issue.

Another option would be to reach out to organizations or groups that focus on the history of World War II or the specific battle of Iwo Jima. They may have access to additional information or resources that could help you learn more about the picture.

If you have any additional information about the picture or your uncle's service, that could also help in your search. Good luck with your research! cincinnati siding

Respect! I would be grateful to find something like this.

Generator Able

I suggest you contact the Stars and Stripes publication directly to inquire about the picture. You can visit their website at https://www.stripes.com/contact-us or send them an email at customercare@stripes.com.

Additionally, if you have any information about the date or issue of the Stars and Stripes publication in which the photo appeared, you may be able to find a copy of that issue in a library or archive. You could try contacting the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) for assistance in locating the issue. sell my house for cash Cincinnati

Contact the Stars and Stripes publication and inquire if they have any records or archives of their past covers. You can visit their website and look for contact information or search for their archives section. trash removal Wesley Chapel

Share it here so we'll be able to help you out!

SEO Tampa

I hope you can get the information you needed. Tree Removal Sioux City

I like this post very much, thanks for sharing. I really appreciate your work. https://www.paintersreddeer.com/exterior-painting-red-deer

I think I could disagree with the main ideas. I won’t share it with my friends.. You should think of other ways to express your ideas.
See here tejadosygoterasalbacete.com

Great to know these details.
Google

Your outside area will be transformed into a lovely, low-maintenance sanctuary by our team of professionals. Our artificial grass el paso staff has the ideal solution for you whether you're wanting to replace your current lawn or construct a new outdoor living space.

It's great to know this. So much respect for https://www.housecleaningabbotsford.com/residential-cleaning-abbotsford

That's a great story! I'm happy to help you find out more about the picture.

The Marine K9 Corps was formed in 1942, and dogs were used in a variety of roles during World War II, including scouting, messenger service, and guard duty. Dogs were also used to help wounded Marines, and they were often credited with saving lives.

The Stars and Stripes is a military newspaper that was published during World War II. The newspaper often featured stories about the Marine K9 Corps, and it's possible that your uncle's picture was featured on the cover.

I'm not sure how to find out for sure if the picture was on the cover of Stars and Stripes, but I can do some research and see what I can find. Here are a few things I can do:

I can search the Stars and Stripes archives to see if the picture was ever published.
I can contact the Marine Corps Historical Center to see if they have any information about the picture.
I can contact your uncle's family to see if they have any more information about the picture.
I'll keep you updated on my findings. In the meantime, if you have any other information about the picture, please let me know. I'll be happy to add it to my research.

I'm excited to help you find out more about this picture. It sounds like a very special piece of family history.

Affiliate Marketing SEO

did you find the dog?
concreting Townsville

fencing hobart really hope you already found them.

Your advice really hit home for me. It's like you were speaking directly to my situation. Thanks for the motivation and guidance! sell my house fast belton tx

I hope you find what you are looking for roofing contractors rockhampton

parker furniture restoration hornsby hoping you've found what you're looking

Helpful information. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I’m stunned why this accident didn’t took place earlier! I bookmarked it. sell my house fast temple tx

did you found it? commercial concreting townsville

any update? Green Waste Removal Townsville

I hope that you are able to see them again.
electricians palmetto

There are numerous reasons why water pressure is low, including a fully closed valve, a malfunctioning pressure regulator, and congested pipes. | lawn mowing wellington

Very interesting info! Perfect just what I was searching for! electricians bradenton beach

I came on this while searching on google I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. reddeerlandscaping.ca

The information and facts talked about within the post are a few of the most effective obtainable.
hvacvictoriabc.com/heat-pumps-victoria

What a great read, thanks for taking the time to inform us all. God Bless

Chimney Cleaner

This is great, thanks for sharing.

this is very cool, good luck

many thoughts to you

this is very cool

Amazing! I love this thread so much. Thanks a lot!Water Hauling Services in Parkland County