U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for People I Served With!

My name is Joe Gajewski and live in Philadelphia, PA. I don't do any social media stuff. Lifetime member of USWDA & VDHA(Non-Combat) and looking for people I served with. Went thru basic & MP training at Fort Gordon, GA, then to Lackland AFB for sentry dog training from 3/65 to 10/65. Was stationed at a Nike-Herc site in GA from 10/65 - 3/66. Army designation was TU-79 (B/3/43). When they closed that site down I was transferred to BA-18 (C/4/1) at Edgewood Arsenal, MD from 3/66 until my ETS in 3/67. When I got out, joined the Philadelphia Police Dept. and served 5 years in their K-9 Unit among other things in my 37 year career with them and also did 22 years with the PA Army National Guard as a Combat Engineer. Have visited dog memorials in Lackland AFB, Bristol, PA and Holmdel, NJ. Planning to go to Ft Benning, GA and the one in MI. Just sitting here getting old and thinking maybe I can find someone out there who I served with! jgajewski11@comcast.net 215-463-2133