U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
K9 war dogs in Iraq

As a military wife, I know first hand how happy we are when our loved ones come back from deployments. However, I was told yesterday that our K9 troops are not allowed to come back from service in Iraq. If this is true, I would love to know why and what they do with these wonderful animals after they have served our country. Any information anyone can post would be appreciated.

Re: K9 war dogs in Iraq

Andrea
I don't know who gave you that information, which is not the truth. Our K9 Soldiers do return back to their home bases with their handlers. I have been in contact with a number of K9 Teams who have served in the Middle East and other locations over the last 3-4 years and they have all returned.
Thank you for your concern and Best Wishes to you.

Re: K9 war dogs in Iraq

I am so happy to hear that they are returned with their handlers. I could not imagine why they would not but felt that Luv A Pet was a credible source. Thank you for setting the record straight. I will let Luv a Pet know. They are currently taking donations to send to the war dogs. I will be happy to aid in that as well.