U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vietnam War Dogs

Hi,
Has anyone been back to Vietnam in the last 10 years to find out the fate of the dogs left behind? Is there any new information on the abandonded heros aside from "they were left behind"?
I'd appreciate hearing any information on what became of the dogs that were left alive, and where the dogs the Army Brass ordered put to sleep rest, were buried. Is there any kind of a memorial for them in Nam?
Thanks,
Bobby

Re: Vietnam War Dogs

Bobby, can you send me a link to the fox website? I typed it in but got nothing. Thanks

Bobby

I have a freind who has been back to Vietnam every year for the last 10 years. What he told me was that a lot of the site where there were dog camps are still off limits to visitors. He mentioned one in particular
The Marine Scout & Sentry Dog Camp on the south side of hill 327 at DaNang. We know there were quite a few Marine K9's buried there but the who area was off limits.

The other problem is that on two occasion thousands of dogs were turned over to the South Vietnam Army and I doubt there would be any records of what they did with our dogs. I prefer not to even think of how they handled our dogs or should I say killed them.

I'll stop now because I really get burned up thinking about what our military did to our dogs who deserved better.

Email me directly if you want any further information.

If you're still looking for info email me back. rashaw420@gmail.com. Got a story for you.

To Ron Aiello: Found this site as I was searching war dogs and saw your name. Wanted to say hello and hoping all is well with you. Do you ever talk to any of the guys we served with. If you do please tell them hello from me and know that I am doing well.

Claude Hicks, 1st Scout Dog Platoon