Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
d
Dano
Grosse Erruer Played by Jerry and Dan
My first time playing this tune. We had fun and listened to over 40 tunes last night, picked the ones we liked and gave it a shot. This was shot on my Nikon CoolPix S210, Edited with Music Maker 16 Premium for video titles, added some slight reverb to sound to make a...
Views: 415   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 5, 2010 2:15pm
by Bryan Lafleur
d
Dano
Handmade accordion Craftsman question
Anyone have any experience with Accordions made by Toby Cormier. I saw a few photos of one online. was wondering if any braves are playing one.
Views: 521   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 5, 2010 1:38pm
by kenmkboy
h
Hebert
Playing Your Foot
I wanted to pass some information on to those who might be interested. I had an "ah ha" moments this morning and thought it was pretty important. I wanted to pass on what little information my Grand Pa passed on to me about playing accordion and for that matter,...
Views: 795   Replies: 26
Last Post: Nov 5, 2010 12:43pm
by Le Piquant
d
Dano
Authentic Traditional
Give us a listen, visit our site. Hope you like it. After only 3 weeks of practice and our first gig as a group. If you enjoy our authentic traditional music, join our mail list and share our links. More to come soon. I am proud to say how much I as well as my family...
Views: 566   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 5, 2010 8:20am
by Le Piquant
s
Smeche
Accordion And Fiddle for sale
I have a panter tripple row GCF accordion for sale and a german made fiddle for sale. Any questions Ican be reached at above email adress. If u are in the Lafayette area email me and we can arange a meeting if you are intrested. I can also email pic s TY Spencer
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 5, 2010 6:30am
by Smeche
d
Dano
Lacassine Special avec T'Cadien and LePiquant 10 cents wet with my accordion
New song posted tonight from our gig, LePiquant playing my new C accordion. Thanks for breaking it in for me. If you visit the website, feel free to join our mail list, and become a fan. I will post exclusive music, for subscribers. Also if you like to hear the Swa...
Views: 426   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 5, 2010 2:51am
by Peer
j
JB
Sabine Jumpers Progress
Check out link # 1 for my latest attempt to sing in French. Completely atrocious. At least I was sort of on pitch. Also started playing the turn when I should have played the tune. It's called 'fooling the bass player'. Otherwise, progress is being made. JB
Views: 490   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 4, 2010 10:44pm
by Rick Reid
Authenic and Traditional
I am not sure if all braves understood the post with the subject line Authenic and Traditional that Dano posted a few days ago. But if you go down to the icon "website" at the bottom of the post you can listen to some of the songs we did at our first gig. Christain L...
Views: 298   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 4, 2010 6:24am
by Jamey Hall
How was Black Pot?
I didn't get to go, but I wanted to. How was it?
Views: 446   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 3, 2010 10:10pm
by Le Piquant
HELP - Save me from Limbo Land
Soooo I'm finally moving into that stage where I can actually hear and pick out the melody of a song on the accordion (believe me it's been a long time coming) but what I need help with is how to move from that little baby-fied version to the next step. How do I make...
Views: 500   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 3, 2010 8:04pm
by Christine Guidry...
OT
Oui en peut, non tu peut pas. Le Piquant
Views: 340   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 3, 2010 12:58pm
by JB
CFMA
I now know why one of the posters had such a hard time with me objecting to Geno Delefosse-a creole and zydeco musician-appearing at a CFMA awards show. He has now been elected to a prestigous position. I can't wait to see the entertainment schedule for next years sh...
Views: 476   Replies: 23
Last Post: Nov 3, 2010 8:13am
by Le Piquant
b
brode
Upcoming festivals
What are some upcoming festivals/events in Louisiana (between now and maybe january) so I can here multiple bands? thanks!
Views: 404   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 2, 2010 9:05pm
by WF
d
Dano
Chrickster (Chic Accordion top) inspired by Rick Reid
I made this shirt, for those ladies, who love accordion playing. Inspired by Rick, who made some suggestions. This top says it all. .05 cents on all sales of this shirt will be be into a Rick Reid Royalty fund. Hope you like it Rick. We also have the Rickster shirt,...
Views: 586   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 2, 2010 6:18pm
by Jim Pettijohn
First Solo Cajun gig - Introducing Les Belle Chanteurs
Soooo....my little girl (LeeAnn) and I got through our first solo CAJUN gig on Sunday! LES BELLE CHANTEURS were introduced to the public for the first time. My hubby on guitar and our bluegrass friend on bass...(LeeAnn's twin brother plays bass and has never wanted t...
Views: 404   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 2, 2010 2:25pm
by MarkS
Larry Miller Bb for sale 950$
Bon Tee Larry Miller Louisiana Hand made accordion in Bb for sale 950$.I'll have the accordion in Lafayette this weekend.Maybe trade for accordion in C,even if I have to put cash in
Views: 651   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 2, 2010 12:59pm
by Jon Melancon
BonneChance Videos
Bonjour mes amis, Here are a few more short videos from our Rice Festival gig in Crowley LA. Thankyou in advance should you check them out. Peace be with all of you ! Pat
Views: 355   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 2, 2010 12:53pm
by Jamey Hall
Really odd position
No, Jamey, get your mind out of the gutter. Listening to the Jete Au Bal on the Lost Bayou Ramblers' Live at the Blue Moon cd, I knew they were switching to an odd key, sounding like Indian music. Wasn't till I got a D accordion that I figured out (I think) that t...
Views: 560   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 2, 2010 6:39am
by Peer
A little OT: Fascinating Austrian festival - shared origin with Courir de Mardi Gras!
I came across these youtubes showing a Shrove Tuesday festival in Ausseerland Austria that has uncanny parallels to a Cajun Courir de Mardi Gras. It is fascinating to me and maybe will be to some of you. Somebody have an email to Barry Ancelet? I'd like to forwar...
Views: 250   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 1, 2010 1:47pm
by Andy
w
W
What`s the next tune Jamey?
It`s about time don`t you think?
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2010 12:32pm
by W
BonneChance Video
Another video from our recent gig. I understand the videography and sound quality isnt professionally done. Really trying to get the band heard and get feedback. I am open to charitable advice and nice words as well. Peace
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2010 1:51am
by Pat Pellerin
w
WF
RVdC: The Lakeside Gamblers
Ganey Arsement and The Lakeside Gamblers on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: La Valse d'Hommage. Song: Pas de temps pour pleurer. Enjoy! WF
Views: 355   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 31, 2010 4:52pm
by Pat Pellerin
Teaching & Sharing
I have been thinking about the post recently that said the oldtimers were unwilling or unable to teach Cajun accordion. I got to thinking about the old timer who taught me how to be a butcher, and when I taught english as a second language. I was staying in Guadalaj...
Views: 629   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 31, 2010 7:56am
by Peer
eKHnbZCrgcuGm
T5vzOs nvyzfkwjkytq, ehvzlauagrcn, [link=http://hfphfpzxszmx.com/]hfphfpzxszmx[/link], http://ffvmwogrvbaa.com/
Views: 271   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 30, 2010 11:10pm
by fiddler2007
d
Dano
Cool Accordion player shirt.
Cool Accordion Shirt. Does not promote any one band, just a cool Accordion player shirt.
Views: 704   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 29, 2010 12:31pm
by randy4u
h
Hebert
Recent Email sent to Hohner USA
Hello, My interest is in your Vienna Model 114. I believe it was once called the HA-114. Is the Vienna Model the same as the old type HA-114's in tuning and construction? I've have seen and played on the Model HA-114's several times and even purchased a full s...
Views: 1458   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 29, 2010 10:49am
by Bryan Lafleur
l
Larry
strangers
The only time I get to play accordion is at Balfa Camp. Then I come back to Missouri and play by myself for a year. It gets lonely. Do any of you know of Cajun musicians in and around St. Louis? I sure would like to jam with someone before April rolls around again.
Views: 469   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 28, 2010 7:55pm
by Chuck from Kentu...
Need some advice...
As many of you know I started playing in January of this year and have just got to the point where I can play some songs without screwing up. My wife can hear the songs downstairs and says they sound ok. But what does she know she only has to put up with it every si...
Views: 645   Replies: 27
Last Post: Oct 28, 2010 4:18pm
by Rick Reid
w
WF
NEWS: Zachary Richard suffers stroke
For those interested... Cajun singer suffers stroke WF
Views: 481   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2010 10:12am
by tidam
j
JB
Cajun Band-without-a-Name
For purposes of identification and to prove that I do at least own an accordion, please check out link #1. This is our first rehearsal as an entire group as of last week. The old guy on the right who can't hear his own accordion over the drums is me. The song...
Views: 506   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 28, 2010 9:50am
by Rick Reid
Birmingham and Atlanta this weekend...
Sorry I've been a stranger around here lately. Been really tied up with work etc. But I wanted to take a moment to make sure any braves in the area know about the gigs this weekend. Would love meet some folks, chat, jam. Etc! Birmingham-- Concordia Club 3400 1st...
Views: 343   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 28, 2010 9:41am
by Rick Reid
Dry Wood in its entirety
http://www.folkstreams.net/film,43 Or click link #3. Great way to see a great Les Blank movie. Grab a Bud pop with the foam on top and watch this 1/2 hour flick...
Views: 494   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 28, 2010 9:33am
by Rick Reid
j
Joey G
FAIRE l'AMOUR DANS l'POULAILLER
I need this song. Anyone know where it can be had. Raymond Tauzin's version. I don't know of any cd with the song on it. Maybe a record, but I don't have a record player. I think this may be a Neal question.
Views: 428   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 27, 2010 11:01pm
by Rick Reid
h
Hebert
A Communication to Mr B. Lefleur
Bryan...If you haven't yet, take another look at the youtube video you posted "Lacassine Special" at Mulate's. I think it was you that posted it. Thank you! You wanted to know the name of that accordion player. There is an answer now. It sure comes close to th...
Views: 581   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 27, 2010 10:54pm
by Rick Reid
What it is All About........The Music
check out clips from the 44th anniversary music jam at Savoy Music Center this past October 23rd. They are on my you tube channel DAILEYSPINALTAP AND my facebook page, albert dailey. If these clips don't get your feet a tappin nothing will. Savoy Music Center in...
Views: 499   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 27, 2010 7:58pm
by randy4u
c
cb
Hebert and Kaplan Oct. Fete TODAY
Hey, Hebert... The Nik-L Beer Band is schedled to play from 2pm til 5pm today. This is a great chance for us to meet and maybe work on some of those issues you are having with the disappearing opportunities to pass on your musical knowledge. I am willing...
Views: 385   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 10:41pm
by Hebert
Another Rick Reid gig
For the 3rd time in a few months I was able to catch a Rick Reid gig (there is no known shot for it). And right in my back yard no less (well, 5 miles away). Now we all know Rick isn't Cajun, because he tells us that often, and no matter how hard he tries not to be...
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 10:11pm
by Rick Reid
d
Dwight
Is it just me?
or is this site getting a bit too top heavy with xenophobic cranks? Reminds me of the CFMA forum in its last days.
Views: 478   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 8:53pm
by Le Piquant
Who's going to Black Pot
I'll be there Friday
Views: 394   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 12:24pm
by Mark Marcin
d
Dano
Jean Lafitte Cultural Center Park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC7Nv0C0QiM In Jean Lafitte National Park, every other Monday night, Cajun heritage is preserved. On hand are musicians that travel from as far as 100 or miles just to play the traditional music. In their 20's to 80's musicians like...
Views: 451   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 9:06am
by Rick Reid
Strange Hillbilly Music
Has anyone else here seen this clip? Le Piquant
Views: 429   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 2:08am
by tcadien
Who People Are
You know I've been thinking about this for a little while now. I know many of you here because we have met in person several times but there are many others that I recognize names of but have no clue if they walked up to me and said Hello who they would be...We shoul...
Views: 540   Replies: 19
Last Post: Oct 25, 2010 6:24pm
by Christine Guidry...
GREAT jam with Sheryl Cormier
WOW! What a day I had today! Started out in Breaux Bridge and that didn't go very well (again). Not what I needed in my present stage of self doubt, etc. But I persevered and went on to Vermillionville anyway where I found a very welcome group of musicians who took m...
Views: 434   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 25, 2010 1:18pm
by randy4u
Tune and Jam
For those in the Lafayette area Mitch Reed and Steve Riley will start the tune and jam classes again on October 28 at 6 pm in Scott. I have attended many of these lessons and find them effective. You can bring a video recorder and video tape the lesson. The cost is $...
Views: 271   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2010 1:09pm
by Le Piquant
k
kies
KIES will say THANK YOU so very much !!!
I will say thank you to all they have send mi your good thinks, i'm speachles that so many of you answer to my not normal and not easy question. this Forum is so great, and every day after work i look for news. Very happy kies
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2010 12:41pm
by fiddler2007
d
Dano
Base Player needed
Looking a a fill in base player, for a Weds night jam session, any takers? The session is in Carencro, but if interested can ride with me from Baton Rouge or in route.
Views: 333   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 25, 2010 11:59am
by JB
d
Darryl
Tut Toot Tut TooT ? Fogerty, Sidney, Storm
Just to lighten your day... ....aaaah! I can smell dem crawfish from here!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrLqN2PSHmI
Views: 400   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2010 9:19am
by MarkS
c
cb
Kaplan & Hebert
Hey, Hebert! How about me and you meet up in Kaplan at the Oct. Fest tomorrow. You name the time and the place. My cousin is playing with Nik-l Beer Band around 4 o'clock so that would be a good time. Post the place here on the board, (to maintain your anonymity)...
Views: 373   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 24, 2010 7:55pm
by Le Piquant
Grand Nuit Special
Does anyone have the lyrics to this song? I can't make out everything. Here is what I have. Oh yeille yaille, chere tite bebe moi je connais, moi je ???? He tit coeur tu veut me oblier Tout le ??? Oh tit coeur ca c'est toute la ?? Quoi faire mais ta mam...
Views: 405   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 24, 2010 5:35pm
by neal
Duson One Step
This is listed as the Duson One Step on you tube by the Savoy Family Band. It is not the same version as Louis Cormier or Paul Daigle but it still hot. Le Piquant
Views: 507   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 24, 2010 9:14am
by Peer
stuck stop or faux dummy stop?
salut, i have a junior martin "C" box purchased "as-new" from ebay some time ago with four stop knobs, one of which will not pull. i have done my best to pull it out but don't think i can apply more force without breaking it. someone on another site suggested i...
Views: 447   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 24, 2010 8:30am
by Bryan Lafleur
d
Dano
Les Deux Familles
Visit Les Deux Familles Face Book Page, find out who is this new group?
Last Post: Oct 24, 2010 2:13am
by Dano
people who question someone's heritage
need to be (fill in the blank) I echo a friend's feelings, tonight. When I'm trying to play some music, I don't need no lectures. I don't need any sh&t about anyone's foolish thoughts. F yez people who are outside, looking in, with hateful eyes.
Views: 679   Replies: 27
Last Post: Oct 23, 2010 7:19pm
by Christine Guidry...
p
Peer
Articulating Rhythm
I don't have much to add to what Nick and the others said in the "Bashoot Leblanc" thread, but I thought it was such an important topic that it deserves its own thread. I hope you will agree. Chris? Where art thou? I hope for a reaction from you on this subject.
Views: 538   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 22, 2010 2:59pm
by Big nick
Cajun Troubadours- Videos from Festival Acadiens et Creoles 2010
Festival Acadiens 2010 from John on Vimeo. Festival Acadiens 2010 from John on Vimeo. Festival Acadiens 2010 from John on Vimeo.
Views: 446   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2010 1:36pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
Blues De Tac Tac
Anyone know what position Nathan Abshire's Blues De Tac Tac is played in? I can't find the key on my accordion.
Views: 425   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 22, 2010 5:44am
by Bryan Lafleur
Video Link: BonneChance
Hello Wanted to share a YouTube link to a short video clip of our gig this passed Saturday in Crowley LA at the International Rice Festival. If this is not proper etiquette for this forum please advise me. Peace http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOz13rarI0o
Views: 381   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 22, 2010 3:55am
by roger
d
Dwight
OT: The truth about Jerry
heh heh. made you look.
Views: 441   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 22, 2010 1:58am
by fiddler2007
d
Dwight
OT: Arguing on the internet
I forget this sometimes, specifically item 2: urban dictionary: arguing on the internet
Views: 516   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 22, 2010 1:15am
by Rick Reid
t
Tony
Hohner 112 tuning
Hi there, First time posting. Quick question about the Hohner HA 112 which has only (the middle?) two stops. Wanted to know if it could still approximate dry tuning with just the two stops? Thanks, Tony
Views: 559   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 21, 2010 10:13pm
by Tony
Culture, outsiders, insiders, and a little head scratching
I think some of the discussion Mr. Hebert brought up, while touching a few nerves for a few, has set me on another reflective moment. Though the way he expressed his thoughts may have put off a few people, I think I understand very well what he is talking about....
Views: 773   Replies: 31
Last Post: Oct 21, 2010 9:36pm
by Le Piquant
Peers Enterre Moi Pas
I'm learning this version of Enterre Moi Pas"thanks Peer for the slow video version".I thought others may like it also.Peer,were did you get your lyrics.Would you be able to make a video for learning the lyrics.Maybe speaking the words slowly for learning.We've talke...
Views: 504   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 21, 2010 2:52am
by Peer
m
Marc
Steve Riley "Non je ne regrette rien"
During the last Festivals Acadiens, on Saturday evening, Steve Riley sang a old french song of Edith Piaf (1960), called « Non je ne regrette rien » (link # 1). It’s a big honour for us, French. Has anybody the video? I would be very happy. Thank you...
Views: 515   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 8:18pm
by Joey G
m
Marc
Thank you Le Piquant
I would like to thank Jerry L. Moody to have invited us at home at Thibodaux. They talked well in French. Thank you for the good gumbo, for good music which they tried (!!!) to play together, for promenade along Bayou Lafourche and to have guided us in the evening un...
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 6:01pm
by Le Piquant
Reed Box Revisited
Read the last 2 posts.
Views: 391   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 3:39pm
by Jeff Hildreth
Way OT Video
I thought it was funny that Jim Pettijohn and I both got cheap classical guitars off ebay at the same time without the other knowing it.I started playing a little guitar to give my hands a break from hours of Accordion playing.I was worried about carpel tunnel,You kn...
Views: 409   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 3:16pm
by Patrick O
Bashoot Leblanc and that old Cajun rhythm and sound
One of the most difficult things most beginners deal with is "I can play it but it don't sound Cajun". Some of these elements are just beginning come to me. Funny how stumbling through a lick on one song opens up many doors to other songs. Many Cajun songs are ve...
Views: 756   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 11:46am
by Peer
h
Hebert
Knowing your accordion backwards and forwards
Bon Matin Sitting and drinking coffee this morning and got a brainstorm on how everyone can become more "certain" and more confident with their accordion playing. I wanted to run this "observation" by the accordion players on this board in hopes that it would h...
Views: 1053   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 11:22am
by Bryan Lafleur
Hebert
I wanted to repost this post to make sure it gets read by Mr. A-bear. "Hebert did you steal my book "How to P*ss People Off?" Le Piquant
Views: 463   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 9:52am
by Jamey Hall
w
W
Views: 328   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 2:21am
by Darryl
r
roger
pistache a tante nana
hello friends i am looking for the words to the version of pistache a tante nana the lost bayou ramblers have recently done. there are a few things i can't quite make out, a little different from the version i already know. any help would be greatly appreciated!...
Views: 683   Replies: 31
Last Post: Oct 19, 2010 1:35pm
by Pat Pellerin
Culture, Festivals Acadiens, Jams, etc.
Well, I just returned to Maryland from two weeks in SW Louisiana and find all of this terrific discussion on so many subjects, too many to respond to individually; but I hope a couple of my comments are relevant. First, during my time in Louisiana, I met and talke...
Views: 535   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 19, 2010 12:30pm
by Pat Pellerin
Valse de Couillon(Coo-yon)
Anyone know of or have any recordings of Valse de Couillon(Coo-yon). Any help is appreciated. Merci mes amis.
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 19, 2010 11:56am
by CajunAdams
Lyric versions of Eunice Two step
Every Time I hear a version of Eunice Two Step,the lyrics seem to be Different.Whats the deal,does anyone know the most popular version, are have the Lyrics
Views: 2202   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 19, 2010 10:46am
by Pat Pellerin
r
Ryan
Acadian Key of D For Sale
I am about to put an Acadian accordion key of D up for sale. I purchased this accordion from Marc Savoy about 7 years ago. Perfect Condition only been played a total of about 20-30 hours. This is one of his model 2 accordions that he sells for $2295 now. If anyon...
Views: 538   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2010 9:13pm
by Cajun*green*eyes
j
Joey G
Martin C for sale on ebay
Just saw this posted on Ebay. Anyone on here? Looks like it's in Lehigh, PA.
Views: 449   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 18, 2010 2:45pm
by cajun*green*eyes
BonneChance
Hello everyone. Wanted to invite all of you to Crowley LA for the Rice Festival. My band "BonneChance" will be playing Saturday October 16 from 1-3 p.m. on the Louisiana Rice Mill Sound Stage. Joining me on accordian will be Peppy Carmello, on fiddle Brandon Moreau,...
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 18, 2010 12:13pm
by Pat Pellerin
p
Peer
Youtube unlisted videos
A feature on youtube that might be interesting for us is the unlisted video. For those who dind't know about this: If you have a short message, a lick, a question or anything that is only destined for intimi, you can choose the option "unlisted". Only the ones with...
Views: 357   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 17, 2010 10:39pm
by Bryan Lafleur
d
Dave
number of accordions?
Greetings all- I was wondering if anyone might have a sense of how many accordions per year some of the LA builders might average? I have no idea how many Martins, Bon Cajuns, Acadians, Masters and Falcons are out there in the world and know results probably really...
Views: 445   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 17, 2010 10:28pm
by Rick Reid
n
neal
R.I.P. Adam Hebert
Obit in the Lafayette Daily Advertiser
Views: 641   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 17, 2010 12:07pm
by Gene Losey
d
Darryl
Link Site Zydeco Online
http://www.zydecoonline.com/dev/index.php This is worth a look and listen...some interesting video clips, samples, jukebox, stories and updates.......lots of load up time with graphics but for those with hi-speed net then no probs. I sometimes leave the jukebox...
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 6:32pm
by Darryl
r
Ron
AKG 516 ML Mic
Giving up---Too many loud bars----looking at AKG 516 ML instrument mic as a possible solution. Any opinions?? Playing a nice Tim Reed hand built accordion.
Views: 309   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 9:58am
by Joel Johnson
j
JB
Bonsoir Moreau
At one time I believe Jude Meche (Jude The Obscure) had the tablature for Bonsoir Moreau on his site, which, by the way, I can't find anymore. Our band's drummer wants to do this number cause his Grandmere taught him the words when he was a kid, and he sings the song...
Views: 393   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 10:02pm
by Jude the Obscure
Rare, 9 button ACADIAN available on Ebay
For those interested, I have an ACADIAN available on Ebay, key of F. The "trash" has been removed, and the RAT given the boot. I will not put up with Shenanigans on my auction site. For those looking, I thank you.
Views: 318   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 8:12am
by Cajun*green*eyes
"New" Beau Jocque Video
This popped up on Youtube a couple of weeks ago. What a gem. Notice that at this point he still didn't have internal mics on his single rows but was using the cajun style external mic. Notice too that he miced the bass side with a mic and stand like Steve Reilly d...
Views: 540   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 3:14am
by Peer
b
Brad
Hayrake Triangles Revisited
More than a year ago I topic'd regarding triangles made from hayrake tines in the old way. I don't know jack about metallurgy and the like, and was instructed by a master on how to make them. I just find old rakes, cut em, forge the ends, bend em, and play them, an...
Views: 333   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 15, 2010 10:35pm
by Brad
Fiddle and lap steel for sale
I had a good conversation with Mitch Meaux at Festivals. Mitch was good friends with Aldus, and has known Wayne and Jimmy since they were little kids. He lost his wife a couple years ago, and his health isn't as good as it once was. His kids don't play music, and...
Views: 323   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2010 6:55pm
by Jamey Hall
Thanks, ACADIEN brand lovers!!
Thanks to whom ever purchased my 9 Button ACADIAN accordion from ebay, talk about resale value. Well guys, you don't have to be an "insider" to play music in Eunice on sat a.m. You walk in promptly at 9 and head to the "Accordion Seat" and you play, simple as that....
Views: 372   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2010 3:25pm
by cajun*green*eyes
Louisiana built boxes..
Does anyone know of any La. built boxes with rounded corners rather than the squared off corners?
Views: 653   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 15, 2010 11:21am
by Chuck from Kentu...
p
Peer
Cajun box makes it to the final in Irish Talent Show
And now for something completely different: A mix of Step Dancing and Showbiz: John O'Halloran plays (on an LA box?) and Emma O'Sullivan dances. (Gentlemen beware: she's a refined littil devil!! ) You may well skip the first two minutes. For a more traditional...
Views: 564   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 15, 2010 5:05am
by Peer
m
Marc
Message for Le Piquant
Hi Jerry, It's a good idea. I'm enjoy to meet you another time. We're available and we shall come to see you on Sunday. But what's your address and which hour? We have a car rental until Monday. Here's my e-mail address : m.chauveau-travers@orange.fr I've your pho...
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 11:17pm
by Marc
b
brode
Lacassine Special question
Hi can anyone possibly give me the lyrics to Ray Abshire's version of "Lacassine Special" from his album "pour les bon vieux temps" (2003). I believe its Courtney Granger singing. Thanks!
Views: 409   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 5:44pm
by Le Piquant
j
JB
Levez la Poussière
For those who attended the Festival Acadiens et Creoles. The Big Question: Mud or Dust, Which is Better? Seriously, this year beat last year, IMHO. Man, were there Lots of People at Giraud Park!! Finding someone you really didn't know would have been i...
Views: 377   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 3:24pm
by Le Piquant
Corner Brackets
I lost one of the small brackets from my Bon Cajun. I hate to call Larry for such a small part. Is there a "local source"? What about "Restoraton Hardware" stores?
Views: 454   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 1:30pm
by Johnny Ace
More Festival Highlights
What a great time! Lots to remember and appreciate: The best: hanging out and jamming with friends old and new from this post, Augusta, etc. Watching people check out and play Bryan's accordions...you've seen pictures, but until you play one...Jamie, I think yo...
Views: 507   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 8:34am
by Joe
Jason Bergeron - Anyone know his story?
I attended the Breaux Bridge crawfish festival this weekend and seen many talented performers. Ray Abshire, Pine Leaf Boys, Jambalya, Hunter Hayes, Damon Troy, Jr Melancon, Richard Lebouef, Lost Bayou Ramblers, Huval's, Steve Riley, Travis Matte, and many more........
Views: 761   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 13, 2010 10:48pm
by Pat Pellerin
d
Dwight
back door lyrics
I see many lyrics for Back Door like the following. Except, for the ending of the first and second blocks, it does not sound like he's saying: J'ai passé dedans la porte d'en arrière. more like On a passe for the first one, and I haven't decod...
Views: 320   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 13, 2010 10:57am
by Bryan Lafleur
CHOUPIQUE ACCORDIONS
WWW.CHOUPIQUE.COM
Views: 430   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 13, 2010 8:51am
by Dave
Festival Acadiens
Just back from my first trip to Festival Acadiens. Two big highlights for me, meeting several people from the forum and seeing the Cajun Troubadours. Sorry I never got to meet Jude Meche or JB, 2 that I knew was going and wanted to meet and never have. Lots of g...
Views: 547   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 13, 2010 7:45am
by Jamey Hall
w
WF
RVdC - Peppy Carmello
Peppy Carmello on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Petits Yeux Bleus Song: Le Rêve Des Soulards Enjoy! WF
Views: 428   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 12, 2010 8:13pm
by Pat Pellerin
popups on bravenet - for Nick
Hi Nick Can you do something about those new popups (since today) telling us to start building websites on bravenet. They really suck! Thanks, Nout
Views: 485   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 12, 2010 1:54pm
by randy4u
la belle perdue dans la forêt grand
I have two recordings of a similar tune & different song: 1- Eddie Lejeune, Valse de Grand Bois 2- Shirley Bergeron, La valse de la Belle Is Eddies Valse de Grand Bois a different one than normally seen as such? With a B part done only on accordion it seems....
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 12, 2010 12:36am
by fiddler2007
larry miller accordion $1000 austin
http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1998687267.html i just saw it i know nothing else wle
Views: 434   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 11, 2010 6:50pm
by cajun*green*eyes
Savoy Music
Just a publc not opf thanks to Savoy music. Here's the story I ordered a video back around Sept 17... it nebver arrived. I e mailed them... they said it was sent a few days after that I replied it doid not arrive and I would contact the post office.. whic...
Views: 422   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2010 9:33pm
by Jeff Hildreth
d
Dwight
My authorized autobiography
Ok, I created a MySpace page to demo some of my playing to you folks who are so brave. Blues A Yoyage. Let me know if you can access the song. This is an authorized autobiography folks. Be kind! ;-) 3 instruments (accordion, fiddle, rubboard) and voca...
Views: 571   Replies: 29
Last Post: Oct 11, 2010 1:13am
by Dwight
REED ACCORDIONS
WWW.CAJUNCRAFTEDACCORDIONS.COM
Views: 501   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 10, 2010 9:22pm
by Jeff Hildreth
Fender Passport Portable PA
Wondering if anyone has experience with or knows about Fender's passport portable PA? I've been looking at the 300W model for small gigs but wondering if the sound is any good. Any feedback is appeciated! Thanks.
Views: 244   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2010 7:40pm
by CajunAdams
I'm looking for a key of G accordion....anyone?
Hey Braves, Anyone got a lead on a G accordion I could buy? Or a set of G reeds? I could trade a key of D for one. D is too high for most songs for me to sing. Kirk
Views: 475   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 10, 2010 4:34pm
by fiddler2007
DAILEYSPINALTAP on youtube, Cajun music videos, Hohner
For those who missed it, I have some live cajun music videos on youtube under the name DAILEYSPINALTAP. A Hohner is a great beginners box.
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2010 12:49pm
by cajun*green*eyes
m
Marc
Cajun music stores around Lafayette
Hi all the braves, I'm in Louisiana for Festivals Acadiens. I stay in Lafayette during one week. Do you know some cajun music shops, around Lafayette ? I know only Swallow Records Shop and Savoy Music Center. In Lafayette, what a big surprise, That's the desert...
Views: 447   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 9, 2010 10:43am
by Jon Melancon
a Bride for sale in the UK .....
As my good ole dad used to say: in life you always can dance, albeit not always with the bride: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290484075228 Think it's a MM instrument ... seen on Ebay UK - Nout
Views: 354   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 9, 2010 10:06am
by fiddler2007
Got some new song samples
TRADITIONAL CAJUN PLAYERS PLEASE CLOSE THIS LINK. (Except for Bryan because he is cooler than cool). For those squeeze squankers who like a little mustard and ketchup in your gumbo, check out the audio samples on link #2. I'm not from Louisiana, I'm from Dallas Fr...
Views: 523   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 8, 2010 8:40am
by Peer
DVD book LOUISIANA CREOLE FIDDLE METHOD
Any one know this book & is it worth the 19.99 $ Elderly charges? Information there: LOUISIANA CREOLE FIDDLE METHOD: THE MUSIC AND TECHNIQUE FOR FIDDLERS AND GUITARISTS by D'Jalma Garnier III ; collaborated by Robert Willey. Book/DVD set. A rich samplin...
Views: 283   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2010 3:01am
by Darryl
Just a quick thank you...
I've not posted, here, in quiet some time, for various reasons, but I wanted to stop in to say thanks. A good number of bravenet members have graciously purchased the new CD that my band and I have put out. Some of them I've known in person for many years and others...
Views: 406   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 10:46pm
by Poo Poo Broussar...
s
Simon
Cajun Music Lyrics site
just wanted to pass on to youz this website that has cajun music lyrics listed by the artist name, not the title of the song. I've only looked at the Iry Lejeune lyrics so far, but wow, what an accurate job. Well, at least the most accurate I've seen when it comes...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 9:07pm
by Simon
p
Peer
LBW #2
Uploaded a second Lovebridge Waltz. Nothing special, but a bit smoother than the first effort I think. Hopefully someday a LBW #3 I'm really satified with...
Views: 507   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 2:37pm
by Peer
JPJ has a great version of Back O'Town 2-step on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06-VJa8oxU Enjoy! Good job, Jim.
Views: 310   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 1:47pm
by cajun*green*eyes
FESTIVAL ACADIENS
Hey Guys, When are ya'll coming into town for festival? I'm trying to decide which day to come in as I have a place to stay as long as I want in Carencro but want to make sure to meet up with the gang. Don't want to come in too early...etc PS. Leeann (my daughter)...
Views: 505   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 10:49am
by cajun*green*eyes
d
Dwight
need phonetic pronunciation of "seul"
I'm having a tough time with this "seul" word in "Blues a Voyage". Ann Savoy pronounces it something like "suu-hl" on one of their cds. I can't seem to get it quite right.
Views: 366   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 7, 2010 7:04am
by kirk jones
Looking for Randall j 34
Is randall J 34 in the house?
Views: 317   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2010 11:39pm
by Rick Reid
d
Dwight
cherokee waltz - ambrose version?
Anyone have the lyrics to Cherokee waltz as done by Ambrose. The one file we have up there, the first verse is the same, but the second is different.
Views: 1400   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 6, 2010 9:58pm
by Dwight
Jazz at Lincoln Center is looking for Cajun quartets needed to travel the world!
The Rhythm Road: American Music Abroad: 10 Quartets needed to travel the world. Applications due 11.01.2010 Visit jalc.org/theroad and apply now! Jazz at Lincoln Center is looking for New quartets. They will be chosen from a national pool of candidates in a hig...
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2010 9:46am
by Grace Kim
m
Mike C
Don't Laugh-My New Hohner 3002N Cajun Style Ariette Accordion For Sale...
-Bought this brand new just a few weeks ago. Also bought the following Teaching & Instructional DVDS : ----LEARN TO PLAY CAJUN ACCORDION-2 DVDs/ by DIRK POWELL ----Big Nick's first Cajun Accordion lessons DVD I was recovering from several strokes & a heart attack...
Last Post: Oct 6, 2010 8:33am
by Peer
Is there anyway we can post mp3's?
I often wondered if we would post mp3's . With the current technology we have at our disposal, I would think our forum software could accommodate us if we pressed the issue. What's up? kirk
Views: 336   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2010 7:29am
by Jim Pettijohn
j
Jimmy
Geno Delafose - Reeds & Mics
I've been wondering for a long time now, what brand & quality of reeds Geno uses in both of his Martin boxes he plays onstage, as well as the particular Mics he uses in them, and how they are placed. Does anybody know? Thanks, Jimmy
Views: 356   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 5, 2010 4:04pm
by chris miller
d
Dwight
Blues D'Iraq - Who's singing?
Savoy-Michot Band does "Blues D'Iraq" on "L'autre bord del'eau". Who is singing that? Who all is in that band? Anyone know the lyrics?
Views: 355   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 5, 2010 11:28am
by Dwight
Accordion and fidddle for sale
Have a Panter triple row G C F accordion and a brand new German made fiddle with a hard case and bow. If you or someone you know is intrested please e-mail me or post here. Thanks a bunch. Spencer
Views: 272   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2010 10:03am
by Spencer
m
MarkS
For those who know Travis Matte
For those who know Travis, or know how to get a hold of him. I was going through the Wal Mart Mp3 download music page, looking to see what Cajun and Zydeco music they had on there....they have like 30 seconds soundtrack of each song....I found Travis CD the one that...
Views: 438   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 4, 2010 3:44pm
by larry english
m
MarkS
Swamp Pop
Hey Braves, Where do yall go in Louisiana to listen to Swamp Pop bands?
Views: 397   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2010 12:16pm
by MarkS
w
WF
RVdC - John Trahan
John Trahan on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Madame Boso Song: Un' Tit Bebe Encore Enjoy! WF
Views: 355   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 9:25pm
by Rick Reid
Way OT - Fiddle "Tone Generator"
Hello all, The other night, a friend of mine was telling me about a "tone generator", used for fiddle practice. I understand that helps one to develop muscle-memory in order to accurately reach 3rds, 5ths, etc. I think that it's a computer program or .wav...
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 7:58pm
by John Fabke
m
malarz
Where is Tim Reed?
Does anyone have a valid email address or phone number for Tim Reed? His website email is not valid. I;ve left a message on his voicemail and am waiting for a response. Thanks.
Views: 409   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 1:37pm
by Chuck
Views: 338   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 12:39pm
by randy4u
c
cb
Heritage Fest. at the Begnaud House in Scott
Hey, all... Well the Day was absolutely gorgeous, and filled with music, French speaking and French music and Acadian crafts and food. We celebrated Don Montoucet's birthday and he played some tunes with the young musicians in the group. It was great. There was...
Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 12:13pm
by cb
w
WF
RVdC - Gracie & Julie Babineaux and Zachary Fuselier
Gracie & Julie Babineaux and Zachary Fuselier on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Fi Fi Foncho Song: Chère Alice Enjoy! WF
Views: 337   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 10:30am
by WF
Don't pass up this deal
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Louisiana-Built-Cajun-Style-Accordion-/150497223921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230a5564f1
Views: 753   Replies: 24
Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 2:07am
by fiddler2007
w
WF
RVdC - Megan Brown & Tepetate
Megan Brown & Tepetate on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Je T'aime Toujours Song: Wafus Two-Step
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 2, 2010 2:59pm
by Gene Losey
w
WF
RVdC - Jason Frey & Lagniappe
Jason Frey & Lagniappe on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Lawtell Two-Step Song: Valse de Coo-yon. Enjoy! WF
Views: 649   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2010 11:05am
by Bryan Lafleur
ATTENTION MAC USERS
Hey Guys, Those of you who use Mac computers - here's my question. I've been told that Slo-Mo Director is a must have learning tool for my many many lesson videos/one-on-one's I have in my files. However I have a MAC and it doesn't support that program. Does anyon...
Views: 420   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2010 9:37am
by Michael
w
WF
RVdC - Paul Daigle
Paul Daigle on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Bosco Stomp. Song: Est-Ce Que Tu Pleur? Enjoy! WF
Views: 336   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2010 7:22am
by Peer
w
WF
RVdC - Ervin Frey & Braylin Daigle
Ervin Frey & Braylin Daigle on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Valse de Grand Mamou Song: Des Flammes d'Enfer. Enjoy! WF
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2010 12:03am
by WF
w
WF
RVdC - Briggs Brown & Bayou Cajuns
Briggs Brown & Bayou Cajuns on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Evangeline Special Song: La Valse de la Vie Enjoy! WF
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2010 9:38pm
by WF
j
JB
Medina Lake Cajun Festival, Lake Hills, Texas, 2010
Here's an excellent video, on Link #1, of the Medina Lake Cajun Festival, shot by Ty Southerland. Ty, originally from Houma, LA but now living in San Antonio, is a real talented young man: Artist, Musician, Composer, Fisherman, Businessman, and Gumbo Cooker, as w...
Views: 302   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 1, 2010 6:54pm
by Le Piquant
Marc turns the big 7-0 and his ACADIAN the big 5-0
Greetings ACADIAN lovers, on October 1st, 2010 Mr. Marc Savoy turns 70 years young and in 2010 his ACADIAN turns 50. New clips of cajun music are posted at YOUTUBE under the name, DAILEYSPINALTAP. Anyone on this board lucky enough to get a 50th anniversary ACADIEN...
Views: 540   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 1, 2010 2:51pm
by cajun*green*eyes
An unsolicited report on new cd by Lakeside Gamblers
Just got my new cd by our very own Ganey Arsement's band the Lakeside Gamblers called La Valse D'Hommage. As someone who loves old style music but has been somewhat disappointed in the lack of new material in the old style that I like so much, this is a breath of...
Views: 379   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2010 11:33am
by Dwight
Bellows Sale
1. Italian Bellows ( purchased from Mouton) New Black on Black Cloth lined interior 11 1/16th x 6 1/16th 280mm x 156mm 18 folds plus ends $145 includes Priority Mail shipping in Lower 48 2. Italian Bellows ( purchased from Mouton) "nine button bellows...
Views: 379   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2010 8:20am
by Jeff Hildreth
Tony Thibodeaux, Legendary Cajun Fiddler, passed away this morning 1 am...
Tony Thibodeaux, who had the definitive Perrodin Two-Step fiddle solo on the Aldus Roger album; and who fiddled and recorded with MANY great musicians such as Belton Richard, Cajun Born, and Paul Daigle, passed away this morning at 1 AM. Visitation tomorrow at the ne...
Views: 452   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2010 12:39am
by Cajun Troubadour...
Reed Sale
1 set of Binci a mano Key of "D" New $225 includes Priority Mail shipping in Lower 48 1 set of Cagnoni a mano Key of "C" New $175 includes Priority Mail shipping in lower 48 Thanks You can contact me at melodeons at yahoo dot com
Views: 380   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 30, 2010 6:41pm
by Jeff Hildreth
c
Chuck
Tim Reed accordions
I just received my accordion from Tim Reed. I would like to say that it looks and plays beautifully and I'm happy to have waited to get it. I would recommend his accordion to anyone who wants a hand crafted quality instrument.
Views: 476   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 30, 2010 2:14pm
by cajun*green*eyes
Fete de Heritage / Acadian Day
Begnaud House,,, Fete de Heritage this Sat Oct 2nd,, beginning at 10:00 am will not only have Accoustic Jams all day but,, Mitch and Jen Reed will be set up with a make shift classroom / to share their talents Rusty Sanner, will also be here / sharing his knowle...
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 30, 2010 10:15am
by meloderon
d
Dave
beginner accordion from builder?
greetings all- I'm curious about accordion and would like to give it a go. I'd like to buy a quality instrument though and am leery of import instruments though they do fit my budget! I'm curious what you all might recommend as far as trying to get a quality starter...
Views: 510   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 29, 2010 9:44pm
by Dave
c
Chuck
Tim Reed accordion
Anyone ever order an accordion form Tim Reed? I ordered one from him paid for it and he never sent it to me. Just wondering if anyone elso out there has had the same experience.
Views: 457   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 29, 2010 5:30pm
by malarz
Ready for New Song
Okay so I'm ready to learn a new song (I think) LOL....Anyone know of any good video lessons I could look up? Any suggestions? BTW I can't wait to see some of you guys at Festival next week! I'm so excited to be back and to finally feel like I belong....kind of li...
Views: 343   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 29, 2010 4:55pm
by cb
two accordions on Ebay
Two accordions founfd on Ebay. Link#2 is a B-flat from Mouton Link#3 is a 9- button Bon Cajun (C) Maybe old news ?
Views: 747   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 29, 2010 4:05pm
by cb
Here will be your chance to see the young up-coming kids perform,,, we will have the New Kids on the circuit,,,,Gracie / Julie Babineaux and Zachary Fuselier,,, they are only 10.12.13 yrs of age,, they can play accordion, fiddle, guitar, and sing like little angels,,...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2010 3:44pm
by Begnaud House
Our Fete de Heritage is this Sat Oct 2nd,, Acostic Jams all day,,, 10:00 Kick is our Famous Don Montoucet,, also honoring him and celebrating his 85th birthday,,, then 1:00 pm the younger musicians,, then at 6:00 pm,,, Jonathan Melancon,,,, come play and hang with us...
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 29, 2010 3:21pm
by Begnaud House
Cajun Mazurka vids, anyone know any they can post?
I don't think I've ever heard a Cajun Mazurka that wasn't on a fiddle. Anyone know any on Accordion for youtube?
Views: 346   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 28, 2010 11:42am
by Peer
d
Dwight
chere ici, chere la bas
Anyone know of anyone else who does this tune besides Bois Sec/Canray and Geno? I'm trying to find a fiddle solo on it to help me smooth my fiddling out on this. Bois Sec and Canray play on top of each other all the time and it's hard to tease them apart.
Views: 382   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 27, 2010 9:37am
by Dwight
Another Pont d'Amour, and an experiment
Finally got around to doing Jamey's homework assignment. Humble and not much to add to what has already been posted. Also did an experiment with Madame Bosco. One of those songs you can play in both 1st and 2nd position, and since it doesn't have a turn, I trie...
Views: 449   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 26, 2010 3:08pm
by Bryan Lafleur
Zydeco Stingrays @ State Fair Of Texas 10/1
My band is headlining at the State Fair Of Texas next Friday night (10/1) on the Chevrolet Main Stage 4:00 to 9:45PM, TX/OU weekend. Those of you near the Dallas area, who like a little zydeco and Cajun mixed with some good ol' rock & roll will have a chance to hear...
Views: 456   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 25, 2010 1:10pm
by randy4u
floyd "slim" bellard
Does anyone around here play a Floyd Bellard accordion? What are they like? - Nout
Views: 415   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 25, 2010 9:33am
by David Bertrand
j
JB
Louisiana Music in Dirty SA
Jesse Lége & Joel Savoy will be playing at the International Accordion Festival in San Antonio on Saturday, Oct. 15th, 7:00 to 8:20 PM. Geno and French Rockin' Boogie will be here at the IAF on Sunday the 16th at about 8:00 PM. Located at La Villita, down...
Views: 304   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 9:18pm
by JB
Brave Bridge Waltz
sorry for the crappy singin and the late post. made the video and then forgot to post it here. couldn't let ya'll accordion players have all the fun !
Views: 433   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 3:06pm
by tcadien
d
Darryl
Cooked Speakers
Have been given 2 x Yamaha 400W 8ohm FOH Passive speakers...a friend did a spring clean of his garage. They are a few years old but apart from dust they look OK ..however..they were donated to me to see if I wanted, or could do anything with them, as they were' fr...
Views: 389   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 11:46am
by loup'd garou
d
Dwight
multitrack recorders
any of you folks using portable multitrack recorders? I've got an old Tascam 424 MkI tape one, but looking to go digital. Don't want to spend over 400 though, if that. Another option is an audio interface for my laptop. Any suggestions?
Views: 312   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 10:21am
by Dwight
Our version of the Love Bridge Waltz
I would just like to say that I truly enjoy everyone's version of the Lovebridge Waltz. I cannot go into names, but I have watched everyone's version and really like what everybody does. I think, what I like is the different interpretations and the different approach...
Views: 445   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 3:59am
by Cajun Troubadour...
p
Peer
LBW
My little contribution. Website #1. Still far from perfect or smooth, but I thought it was about time to do something. Maybe I will post another version, with guitar and singing.
Views: 435   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 23, 2010 10:39pm
by tcadien
h
Hal
Two Larry Miller Bon Cajuns for sale
I hope this is not considered spam here, but thought this would be the best place to start trying to sell these. My apologies if not appropriate. I have two beautiful Larry Miller Bon Cajuns I need to sell. One in C and one in D. The C is a gorgeous curly map...
Views: 478   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2010 11:17am
by Hal
Bon Cajun on craigslist Boston
Bon Cajun on craigslist Boston: http://southcoast.craigslist.org/msg/1939012234.html Nout
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2010 12:45am
by fiddler2007
Custom Made 3 Row Beltrami
There are 2 Custome made 3 row Beltrami accordeons available. Beltrami is a highly respected builder and tuner and the boxes are rare in the States. One is GCF the other F/Bb/Eb The one that he says is wet tuned actually has a mild tremolo the other that s...
Views: 556   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 22, 2010 6:09pm
by Jeff Hildreth
Views: 484   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 22, 2010 12:27am
by Jim Pettijohn
left hand accordion truned into a right hand????
can it be done? and how bad would it be??
Views: 384   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 21, 2010 4:40pm
by larry english
j
JB
O.T.--- History Lesson
Since we play our instrument utilizing all our fingers, it may be appropriate, or not, to understand the importance of that most prestigious digit, the middle finger. An Aside...Marc & Christian... No offence intended in the following: The history of the middle...
Views: 427   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 21, 2010 3:23am
by Marc
Our version of the Love Bridge Waltz
1- Our latest version in C 2- Our Version in A 3- The grand finale and debut of our newest child 4- our old version in C Enjoy! - Cameron
Views: 522   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 20, 2010 4:08pm
by Peer
OT - Favorite Pedal Fiddle Tuner?
Hello all, I've noticed that some fiddle players who use a pick-up run their audio cable thru a pedal tuner. It looks fairly useful .. click the pedal, the fiddle's line get muted, and one can tune away while watching the display of the tuner. Is anyone f...
Last Post: Sep 19, 2010 1:48pm
by Kirk Jones
GOT SKYPE?
So I did it! I got a SKYPE account....my skype name is JolieBlondeCaitin...now what? LOL
Views: 339   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 19, 2010 11:38am
by DP Mandell
Bonsoir Catin en France
http://www.youtube.com/user/PatakaisseTV
Views: 432   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 19, 2010 8:52am
by Le Piquant
m
matt
Valse Qui Me Porte En Terre
Does anyone do this one? could anyone post a video or maybe tell me what the lyrics are?
Views: 524   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 19, 2010 5:12am
by Bryan Lafleur
FINALLY BACK
I haven't been here in a while! Been a really rough year with two family deaths, two lay-offs, etc etc However, I am home now and have a lot more time to spend on the music and really working hard on accordion. Played my first gig a few weeks ago with ME as lead a...
Views: 535   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 18, 2010 7:17am
by Big Nick
Cajun Accordian hand made with mic,cord & amp
Any opinions... Here is the text from the ebay ad... I have for sale a hand made Magnolia Cajun Accordion with mic & amp. It was made in Lafayette, La. by Fred Cormier who passed away a couple of yrs ago. This accordian is tuned in the key of C.
Views: 623   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 17, 2010 8:30pm
by Le Piquant
r
Roy
Bellows design
Hi there Braves just some newbie questions How do they get the crawfish design on the bellows... is it painted on or do they use bellows tape. with thee falcon accordion with the 6 stops on the treble side is the reed voicing LMM or LMH. Just read in the lo...
Views: 480   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 17, 2010 7:52pm
by Le Piquant
Lovebridge Waltz In D
I Have had about 10 versions of this tune,so I play it different almost every time
Views: 423   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2010 4:08pm
by Patrick O
OT, Cajun vocal instruction...
I've never ever wanted to learn to sing Cajun, but now that I've finally learned to sing in English, I'm itchin' I wonder if any of you guys could make a vid of a walk through of vocals to a Cajun song. Heck, maybe the Lovebridge Waltz? I'm blind in this. I'v...
Views: 514   Replies: 23
Last Post: Sep 17, 2010 12:55pm
by Justin
Lovebridge Waltz
Was going to do a updated video of this but my camera just crapped out. Here is a simple version I did about a year ago. This was the first song I could do were the left hand fell right on time. If I can get a new camera this week, I'll post a new video.
Views: 418   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 16, 2010 8:13pm
by Patrick O
Blackpot Festival 2010, Who's going?
Hi Folks, it's been a while since I've been here. Just curious as to who's planning on going to this year's BLACKPOT Festival in Lafayette, Oct 29-30? I'll be there, Ayeeee! I might participate in the accordion countest if there's an "outsider" category. Does anyo...
Views: 437   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 16, 2010 6:03pm
by Le Piquant
Adding to my Songlist...SLOWLY but surely
WEll as many of you may remember last year was a rough year for me. I was getting very discouraged as a beginner on the accordion and even though I sang all of these songs all my life it was a whole different ballgame on the accordion. Top all of those who kept en...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2010 5:24pm
by Christine Guidry...
New Bravenet song - The Lovebridge Waltz!
C'mon Braves, beginners, experts, and everyone inbetween can take a stab at this one. Remember this is not a performance, and that no matter how crummy you think you play it, someone else is going to learn something from it! I don't seem to be able to find a vers...
Views: 500   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 16, 2010 7:39am
by Le Piquant
jam in Thibodaux
Here is a video of the jam last night. Dan Wilcox came down and played guitar with us and made this little clip. Le Piquant
Views: 321   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 15, 2010 5:15pm
by Le Piquant
d
Don
Harry Trahan
I have watched the Youtube videos featuring Harry Trahan, and I enjoy his style, especially on the waltzes. Is Mr.Trahan living? HE plays a Creole brand cajun accordion. Who builds those? I like the sharper, thinner,less bass heavy sound of the treble reeds. Binci...
Views: 569   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 5:36pm
by cb
"
"G"
Mr. Hebert from Kaplan
Mr. Hebert from Kaplan would you please ellaborate on why you say Steve Rileys instructional DVD is not any good and how he is only giving a teaser. As as beginner, I accept any and all information. thanks
Views: 328   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 1:32pm
by Le Piquant
Love Bridge Waltz with Judy Moody
I thought I would repost this video without the humor. My accordion playing sounds a little choppy because I haven't been playing this accordion much. Thanks for watching Le Piquant and Judy
Views: 362   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 13, 2010 9:47pm
by Le Piquant
d
Darryl
Keith Frank Song Lyric
Anyone able to tell me what KF is singing in the last line of the first verse of this song? : Dreams Come Alive http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_2554306 Verse goes : I thought I would have given up, Yes I thought I really had enough, And all of...
Views: 378   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 13, 2010 6:49pm
by Darryl
p
Peer
Three Button Waltz
I'm not that much into playing my CA at the moment, because I still have some problems with the left hand since my carpal tunnel surgery. But I found this in my archive: Lovebridge Waltz on three buttons! see #1. I had just learned the tune from Chris'video, so it'...
Views: 331   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2010 2:03pm
by Marc
an urge to replace bass springs by myself... need advice
Welp, the Elton Doucet accordion broke a bass spring last night, while busking. Not too surprised I'm thinking of using safety pins for new springs. I'm thinking that I may need to take measurements and very, very carefully clip/bend them to fit. Think I sho...
Views: 355   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 13, 2010 1:16pm
by Jim Pettijohn
German Cajun accordionists & fiddling foolz, attention please ....
If anyone is interested in officially Europe imported and all taxes paid and accordingly invoiced Louisiana accordions; I will be in Germany, the Dahn - Karlsruhe area in the Pfalz coming weekend and could bring a brand new fully warrantied Tim Reed C, a mint Bon Caj...
Views: 304   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 11:20pm
by fiddler2007
Need help identifing Brand, model of a Meloden ?
Hi , I just inherited this instrument.Would like to sell it but I have no idea what its worth.I can email pictures but I dont know how to post pic. Can someone take a look & help me out? IT IS NOT AN OLD INSTRUMENT. Thanks alot .maureen@heard.com
Views: 383   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 6:38pm
by Maureen
Want to buy Acadian C
I am looking for a Acadian in C If anyone has one for sale. Email cindy_omire@yahoo.com Pat
Views: 501   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 6:25pm
by Jeff Hildreth
Wayne Toups joins in with the Pineleaf Boys and Feufollet @ Bluemoon
Went to the Bluemoon last night to see the Pineleaf Boys and Feufollet with special guest Wayne Toups joining in to play with both bands. It was unbelievable, quite possibly the best live performance I've ever seen. Just sayin...
Views: 357   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 1:24pm
by cb
Mr. Hebert from Kaplan
Why don't you post a video of your version of Lovebridge Waltz. This project is open to all on the board and since you are such an accomplished musician we might all learn something from you. And while you are at it do it with that fancy accordion you bought at a paw...
Views: 448   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 10:16am
by Jamey Hall
Mon Vieux Wagon (Help)
I have been trying to learn this song by ear and have been having a little trouble understanding a few things. I have three different versions that I am going by and am pretty sure that is my problem. The three versions I am listening to are 1-Steve Riley (Trace of...
Views: 673   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 11, 2010 12:24pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
My Lovebridge Waltz
It ain't much, but here it is. I wish I could play better . . . I sure hope I live to 127, so I'll have time to "get it".
Views: 437   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 11, 2010 9:30am
by Jamey Hall
Chris Miller and Bayou Roots at La Pousierre--Sat. Sep 11, 2010
For those in the area...please come out and say hello, dance, and have a good time. We will have Joel Savoy on fiddle tonight. Please consider this a personal invitation...Internet relationships are great...but there is nothing like the real thing. Hope to see some "...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 11, 2010 9:25am
by Jamey Hall
n
neal
OT: Where is/was Love Bridge?
I've had this question on my Web site for years and no one has ever contacted me about it. Is there/was there a place named Love Bridge (Pont d'Amour)? Iry LeJeune used quite a few place names in his song titles. I know he grew up near Pointe Noire then lived near La...
Views: 531   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 11, 2010 12:47am
by Rick Reid
w
W
Another Lovebridge Waltz
Sorry, no pink hotpants in this clip
Views: 454   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 10, 2010 10:03am
by Jim Pettijohn
Views: 453   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 9, 2010 2:09pm
by Jim Pettijohn
Looking for Gospel Accordion to Marc 1, for a friend
Anyone have a copy collecting dust that you'd be willing to part with? He'll pay, I can send you his info.
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 9:27pm
by Big Nick
For Sale Bon Tee Lary Miller Bb video
For sale or trade "Acadian C,I will through in cash" BON TEE Larry Miller Bb 1200$.I will be in La for Festival Acadian in OCT with the accordion.Binci Reeds tuned by JR Martin.The accordion has good action,easy to play. cindy_omire@yahoo.com
Views: 428   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 7:01pm
by Patrick O
Youtube clip of Lost Bayou Ramblers in Sweden
Here'e another clip och the LBR from their swedish tour in May. It's Carolina Blues by Nathan Abshire. Great song ! The link is on "Website" below /Gunnar
Views: 403   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 2:15pm
by Peer
Love Bridge Waltz by Le Piquant
"As for as for you "picquant"(hot stuff). I'm starting to wonder what you're all about. Do you enjoy wearing tight, short, pink hot pants when nobody's looking or what?" I thought someone on here might really like this video. My wife and I had a great time doing t...
Views: 593   Replies: 26
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 10:57am
by KirkM
d
Dwight
Jeune Fille de la Campagne - Geno - what key?
I'm picking this out on a C box, and I've got the first bit of it,but it's got some weird fingerings, and I'm looking for a note right now I can't find. Is it possible he's got a D box on this? He usually plays a C single row.
Views: 399   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 8:32am
by chris miller
w
WF
Festivals Acadiens et Créoles 2010 music lineup
http://www.festivalsacadiens.com/music.html Thoughts? Comments? WF
Views: 575   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 4:42pm
by Le Piquant
d
Dwight
couple of song names
Savoy Family Band does a song called Bayou Two Step. I'm thinking this has another more common name. Anyone know? Also, Chubby Carrier does a song on "Boogie Woogie Zydeco" called "Creole Two Step" that sounds exactly like "Don't Let the Green Grass Fool You"....
Views: 450   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 2:53pm
by Dwight
w
WF
RVdC - Sean Vidrine & da Classics
Sean Vidrine & da Classics on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Tee Na Na Song: Zydeco Sont Pas Sale Enoy! WF
Views: 387   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 12:32pm
by randy4u
Accordion for sale
I just got off the phone with Larry Miller and he told me has a brand new accordion for sale. It was built about 3 years ago and it is brand new. The accordion is curly maple and it is stained walnut. It has a black bellows with red inside. He is selling this for $18...
Views: 458   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 8:16am
by Le Piquant
from the heart .... music has to do with soul to be heard
A great discussion: play accordion from the heart. What i missed here sort of, is that any music that one plays, being simple, fancy or complicated, has to be heart felt per se. For a performer to come across to any audience, large or small, is that this performe...
Views: 449   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 8:04am
by fiddler2007
w
WF
RVdC - Calico & the Off-Brand Band
Calico & the Off Brand Band on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Back Of Town Set Song: J'ai Ete Au Bal (w/ fiddlesticks) Enjoy! WF
Views: 395   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 10:04pm
by Le Piquant
reeds
Can some of the braves explain what the difference is between the reeds used in the old Sterlings and Monarchs and the reeds they used nowadays in the LA-build (Binci, Antonelli?) I know that there is a difference in the used metals like brass, steel ,....
Views: 416   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 6:53pm
by DP Mandell
blue masking tape best for covering up dud reed?
I've taped dud reeds before and wondered if blue masking tape would be the best. I don't want to leave glue on the reeds from the tape. It's a quick fix for a dud sound that Larry Miller showed me. I have three boxes that came down with a out of tune reed. Ugh...
Views: 428   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 4:24pm
by Jeff Hildreth
New Bravenet Project song coming . . .
I meant to get it out today, but I just had too much to do. I'll try to think about what song to pick out and get back on here in a couple of days. Thanks for your patience, everyone!
Views: 422   Replies: 19
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 3:22pm
by Le Piquant
w
WF
RVdC - FeuFollet
Feu Follet on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: My True Love Song: McGee's Medley Enjoy! WF
Views: 379   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 1:36pm
by randy4u
h
Hebert
Playing Accordion from your Heart
Does anyone else besides me keep seeking the magic of bygone Cajun accordion musicians and the culture and times they lived in. Does it not seem like and unaccomplishable task? Is all this a moot point? Will we ever bring back the true magic with the past being go...
Views: 782   Replies: 59
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 5:29am
by Bryan Lafleur
Thumbs Trapped
My girlfriend won't hold my right hand anymore because of my thumb. She says the callous that has been on my thumb for years due to accordion playing, grosses her out. She says it feels like wood. I've tried many things to soften my callous, including lotions, soa...
Views: 409   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 5, 2010 9:20pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
CAJUN French Immersion programs in La????
Any CAJUN French immersion programs in Louisiana? For adults. Cajun French. Not continental French. Not Canadian French.
Views: 406   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 5, 2010 10:04am
by Dwight
need to tune a couple reeds.....tips?
Hey Bryan,Jude, and all, Is it that complicated to tune a reed or two if it's a pull reed that you can access? It's irritating to have "sour" reeds and a hassle to get a new one sent out to switch them or send in the whole keyboard. Also, I'm missing one of...
Views: 415   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 4, 2010 7:37pm
by Bryan Lafleur
d
Don
Long gone players using 'D' boxes
I am just curious as why accordionists of long ago (Amede Ardoin, Amede Breaux, Iry Lejeune, Octa Clark, and others played on 'D' accordions. The typical accordion now is 'C' with some 'D', correct? Anyone have a opinion why 'D' stopped being the key used and the pro...
Views: 662   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 3, 2010 1:47pm
by glenn
d
Dwight
Calling John A
John, was wondering if I could try out your L'anse Gris accordion. I'm in the bay area.
Views: 270   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2010 10:01am
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Lyrics request - La valse de grand bois - as done by Geno
He does this song on Le Cowboy Creole. He's singing something different than the balfa brothers. Anyone know?
Views: 343   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 1, 2010 9:58am
by Dwight
g
glenn
any play a Mouton ?
Wondered if anyone here plays a Mouton.. I have one in Bb and find it louder than a Martin, and the scale a bit larger than other makes. Nice accordion all around..
Views: 508   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 31, 2010 6:54pm
by Jeff Hildreth
j
JB
Lyrics to " Chere Tout Tout"
Every time I hear this song, to my untrained ear it sounds like the singer is saying 'Captain Kirk' on the first verse, which I know is silly, but I remember it as the ' Captain Kirk ' song. I'm sure the song has nothing at all to do with the Starship Enterprise....
Views: 395   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 31, 2010 9:26am
by JB
d
Dwight
LJ Foret and Fille de Houma
This probably won't be of interest most of you, but, what the hell, I have a keyboard and an internet connection, and I know how to use them. Just did a web search on the author of this song, name of LJ Foret. He was from Houma, as am I, and, he worked at the...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2010 7:41pm
by Dwight
MXR M108 EQ for Accordion?
Just wondering if anyone is using this ten band EQ with single row accordions? Very good reviews from the guitar guys. Feedback (pun intended) appreciated. Thanks.
Views: 358   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 30, 2010 11:34am
by Zydecat
d
Dwight
Lyrics to "Fille de Houma"???
This is on the "Le Trio Cadien" cd. DL singing. Says Eddie Lejeune wrote it. Since this is my home town, I'd like to learn the song. Also, Yves and his band "Big Bayou Bandits" perform it on YouTube.
Views: 408   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 30, 2010 9:53am
by Dwight
excalibur brand accordions
So who's played an excalibur brand box? They've got cajun and other styles of diatonic accordions for sale on ebay & @ jim laabs music website. Anyone tried one?
Views: 579   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 29, 2010 1:41pm
by Mike C.
j
JB
Dewey Balfa Cajun and Creole Heritage Week - April 15-22, 2011
This year I finally got enough moola and a kitchen pass to attend the Dewey Balfa Cajun and Creole Heritage Week - April 15-22, 2011. I want to send in the deposit early , but so far they haven't updated their website. Any of you insiders know the scoop on when the...
Views: 289   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 29, 2010 7:42am
by KarlS
w
W
Rockin` Dopsie (clip) Acadian 3 row
I think he`s playing upside down
Views: 425   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 27, 2010 10:20pm
by Frank Motley
Reed transfusion / Grand Bosco video
I figured out why the high Hohner reeds were going out of tune in this box. They were weak, old and decrepit. I took a whole high bank out of my own 114B and swapped them into this accordion. I figure, I'll be playing this one much, much more. Most of the other re...
Views: 522   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 27, 2010 5:40pm
by Jim Pettijohn
j
Josh
Strange Accordion
My new father-in-law handed me this accordion on my wedding day and said "here, play this". I guess to him all cajuns walk around playing the accordion all the time. Anyway, I thought that someone on this board could tell me something about it. It doesn't have any...
Views: 859   Replies: 30
Last Post: Aug 27, 2010 11:05am
by Dwight
whatevever
What I would say, is that you have some great musicians in the states. I will support them in the outskirts of this world My greatings to my friend Jerry from Thibodeux and that maniac Dwight from california. tor ( le grand bon rièn)
Views: 392   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 2:44pm
by fiddler2007
d
Dwight
Geno's "Valse a Grand Bois" and Duralde Waltz - same melody?
These songs sound very similar to me. Even the way the vocals sounds, even though the words MAY be different. Are they the same? Eddie Lejeune's version of Duralde Waltz bring some very poignant feelings up in me. To me, his is the best version I've heard.
Views: 375   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 12:37pm
by Dwight
Grosse Erreur (Sorry Jamey Boh, I'm late as usual)
Don't know if I should even post this here, but I'm going to What's the current song o' the month, Jamey?
Views: 421   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 8:13am
by Jamey Hall
d
Dwight
Compact, inexpensive, good quality powered speakers???
Yeah, I know, I only get to pick two. I've got a JBL EON 15, only one, and wish I had some smaller speakers for the sound system. I was warned that I would get very tired of lugging that 15" around (yes, Dana, I remember you warning me). Since I'm going to b...
Views: 519   Replies: 22
Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 1:49am
by fiddler2007
d
Dwight
Leroy Thomas' "The Bull" - where to get it
Andre Thierry did a song on Saturday, a shuffle, that he said was "The Bull" by Leroy Thomas. I can't find it on any of his recordings. Anyone know where I can find this.
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 4:36pm
by larry english
d
Dwight
Kevin Naquin and his screaming box
Bought a used Kevin Naquin cd, and I'm really liking it. It's the one with Te Na Na on it. Anyway, his box really screams. I'm wondering if he's pushing the low stop down for some or all songs. And, is that some type of wet tuning. I like the sound, just don't...
Views: 362   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 11:02am
by Dwight
Did I miss the "new" Mamou Playboys CD?
A ways back, I had responded to a request to pre-purchase the then-in-development new Mamou Playboys CD .. which I did. I'm not certain that I ever head anything else about the project. Did my mail person take my copy, or hasn't it been released yet? Any...
Views: 431   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 23, 2010 6:03am
by Le Piquant
Internal mic'd feedback frequencies
Hey guys, It seems like feedback is an issue on a regular basis. I think I remember 630 being one to pull down a bit. Has anyone worked on a 31 band eq to find the hot spots? Back to the Boss eq 20. Russ....what's the deal on it? I forgot the discussion from...
Views: 454   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 22, 2010 8:18pm
by Rick Reid
Let the good times roll
Was a great day at the Cade Community Center (sure beats the hell out of the Balckham). Great bands led by Geno (Jerrys favorite) ending with High Performance. Sandwiched in between was our own Chris Miller. Great sounds from all the bands of the day. Big crowd e...
Views: 490   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 22, 2010 8:07pm
by Rick Reid
A Hohner reed mystery, looking for opinions...
I mentioned that this Elton Doucet accordion didn't have wax entirely covering alot of the reeds, leaving gaps between the reed and the chambers. I remedied that, or thought I was doing myself a service, however.. I've come to notice that alot of the high reeds ar...
Views: 427   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 22, 2010 12:37pm
by Jim Pettijohn
L'anse Grise #6 hot off the assembly line
#6 heading to Chuck in Indy, a low G with redwood burl, and tuned kinda damp. Link #3 for a few pics and a little ditty. Chuck designed the layout and plate graphics. It originally wasn't going to have corner hardware but we I realized how soft and brittle redwood...
Views: 552   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 22, 2010 10:49am
by Jim Pettijohn
New Nathan Abshire video
Just saw this on youtube. I can never get enough of Nathan. The best there ever was. Just my opinion of course. See link #1
Views: 642   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 22, 2010 10:47am
by Jim Pettijohn
The Elton Doucet "Cajun Accordion" brand with Hohner reeds/bellows/buttons
For $885 I think I did good. It came with problems, but I fixed most of them. Why Elton didn't completely surround all the reeds with wax is beyond me. There were internal leaks everywhere. Reeds with gaps between them and the chambers. Inexcusable BS. I knew...
Views: 675   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 21, 2010 7:23pm
by Bocks Mann
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!