Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
OT- Old Time Fiddle
Check out link #1. Song made up on the fly is what he said. Great job Christian. Be sure to check his youtube page for other videos. He can flat out play,
Views: 476   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 23, 2010 8:31pm
by Patrick O
Jon Melancon
Hey Jon, can you give me a call? I'm at 479-502-2893. My e-mail is thehappyhalls@sbcglobal.net Thanks, Jamey
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2010 12:41pm
by Jon Melancon
HEY SOUSA! We made Louie Louie of the Week!
OK so its 20 some years later.... Still a gas... and I love this take. http://www.louielouie.net/blog/
Views: 341   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 23, 2010 9:33am
by soundhound
Noisy flappers
I have a Martin D accordion with noisy flappers. I think that softer felt on the inside of the flappers might quiet things down. Is this a DYI job, and if so, any advice appreciated.
Views: 487   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 8:55pm
by Bryan Lafleur
Humidity
Up here in Vermont the air is dry dry dry and we try to humidify our homes but never to summer levels...would you put a humidity adder in your accordion case?...I have them in my stringed instruments but wondered about the reeds...thanks
Views: 298   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 7:14pm
by Blue Norther Ste...
Basile Mardi Gras
Link #2, a little clip of the Basile Mardi Gras I filmed in between playing. The first stop on the clip has our very own David Bertrand as courir captain leading the chant.
Views: 360   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 12:13pm
by Bryan Lafleur
accordion reeds - accordion makers
For Bryan, Jim, Ted; other brands besides Binci ... Curious if anyone has more information on these brands: - http://www.accordions.com/artigianavoci/reeds.htm#types - These ones seem to be OK: http://www.harmonikas.cz/homee.htm ------ PS they seem to sell...
Views: 659   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 10:41am
by Jon Melancon
j
Jon
Left-hand Strap Needed
Looking to buy a left hand strap for a cajun box, leather, padded. Any leads welcome, email to jonlee@aol.com. Thanks.
Views: 340   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 9:56am
by Jim Pettijohn
Song Names
I know two songs and for some reason am drawing a complete blank when it comes to the names. Any help would be appreciated. The first one is the song on the Link posted. The other one all I know is it's a waltz and the first word of a few of the lines in each verse i...
Views: 364   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 5:45am
by neal
t
Toby
Canadian
Does anyone have any pics or links to Canadian boxes? I want to check out the designs.
Views: 383   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 21, 2010 7:52am
by Bryan Lafleur
w
WF
RVdC: Jackie Callier, Ivy Dugas and the Cajun Cousins
Jackie Callier, Ivy Dugas and the Cajun Cousins on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: J'ai ete au bal Song: La Valse d'Heritage Enjoy! WF
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 20, 2010 10:25pm
by WF
best tuner for accordions?
Would an analog tuner work best? What's the cheapest and best route? I've been using a simple crappy Korg guitar tuner and my ears to tune all this time. Time to upgrade.
Views: 371   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 20, 2010 9:37pm
by fiddler2007
Jambalaya tablature and song suggestions for beginners
It's been a while since I posted and some folks helped me find a LA box made by Lee Begnaud. The box is great and I am continuing my project of learning to play a bit. Still no teacher in Davis-Sacramento, CA area that I can find--perhaps some leads, as I can't get t...
Views: 680   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 20, 2010 3:53pm
by fiddler2007
Mardi Gras Pictures
Lets see if I can figure this out. First pic is Bryan,Piquant,Judy,Cathy,Steve and me in front of painting on Main St. in Basile Jerry and Judy doing there thing A bunch of us at Nathan Abshires house Me and my other captain Nick Will try to get a vide...
Views: 597   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 20, 2010 2:15pm
by Steve from Jerse...
Step it Fast
I know and can sing about 90% of this song by Joe Bonsall but there are a few words I am sure I am getting correctly. So if one our professors of transcription could help me out I would appreciate it. Also know as T'en a eu T'en a peut Thanks Le Piquant
Views: 412   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 19, 2010 10:39pm
by Le Piquant
An experiment in wet tuning... what do you think?
Yesterday in the mail I received a Hohner HA 114 in D. It's brand new out of the box, so I couldn't resist altering it, and somewhat dramatically. I went to town on the treble and bass reeds last night, tuning it with yer standard "Cajun" tempered thirds and also tu...
Views: 498   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 19, 2010 6:47am
by Jim Pettijohn
d
Dave
what to buy?
I started playing accordion in 2006 on a toy, bought a Hohner Arriette in 2007. I've been itching to get my hands on a LA box, but living in Albuqueruque NM I had not been able to until last month. Wilson Savoy came to town with the Pine Leaf Boys and let me play hi...
Views: 557   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 18, 2010 4:11pm
by Jon Melancon
Les chemins sont pas salés
ChristianOuais... Les chemins sont pas salés Et mon char a pris le fossé Hé yé-yaille, mais moi j'crois Il est comme mon coeur Maintenant, il est tout cassé... Christian Christian, just saw this post, great, now I know why there...
Views: 345   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 18, 2010 10:26am
by meloderon
Survived Mardi Gras
Well, Mardi Gras has come and gone. We had great run. My thanks to the braves who came with us. Steve from Jersey and wife Cathy, along with Piquant and wife Judy were great runners,dancers, and beggers. Hope ya'll enjoyed the day. Bryan LaFleur did an outstanding jo...
Views: 351   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 17, 2010 10:46pm
by Le Piquant
FS: A fiddle to end all fiddles!
With a recent desire for a tenor banjo, and a few other instruments, I'm going to put one of my fiddles up for sale. This one is a bit of an exception in that it has 9 strings total, 5 of which are under strings. I got this idea after seeing a Hardingfele. What sets...
Views: 388   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2010 11:32am
by buttonbox
b
Brian
Brett Thibodeaux
Hey Brett, just wanted to thank u for uploading the videos of the accordion contest. My grandpa is 82 and is unable to get around and couldn't go to anything like that anymore. It sure made his day watching the videos of me and the other contestants on my laptop. Tha...
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 16, 2010 6:26pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
Peer, I hope you don't mind, but I'm posting your jigs video here :-D
Just came across Peer's vid of him playing jigs on the one row. Awesomeness
Views: 335   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 16, 2010 2:02am
by Peer
Discography of Cajun/Zydeco Music
Is anyone familiar with this project? At first glance, it seems to have some merit.
Views: 464   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 9:21pm
by Gene Losey
Basile Mardi Gras
Everything is ready for the big run tomorrow. Meeting up with braves in the morning. Jerry Moody, Steve from Jersey, and wives will joining me on the run. Bryan LaFleur will be joining in on supplying the music. Should be a great day.
Views: 344   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 9:13pm
by Jamey Hall
Group Photo of accordions
Hey, here's a graphically altered pic of me collection. I don't have my G Hohner or the D Hohner (that one's on it's way) in the picture. I do without many things in order to afford them. No car, no wife, no kids... Since I'm never going to sprout kids, I may as...
Views: 445   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 10:40am
by Peer
e
Ehren
Two Steps and their Sister Waltzes
Anytime my band places a gig where folks are dancing I feel like we're wearing them out with all the two steps and not enough waltzes so I'm trying to get more bang for my learning buck by learning songs that have lives as both Waltzes and Two Steps. That way we can...
Views: 429   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 9:50am
by Peer
Need Lyrics
I need lyrics for Chere Cherie by Robert Bertrand. My dad wrote the lyrics down for me but I'm still not understanding them. Can someone post them in English and French for me? - Cameron Dupuy
Views: 553   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 15, 2010 1:27am
by fiddler2007
To Wade
Hi Wade: On your Cajun Fiddle forum the (*&%&#$*)!! spammers take over too, could you do something 'bout it? http://cajunfiddle.makeforum.org/cajun-fiddle-lagniappe-f2.html?sid=60aa403f3fd8484458181d0a3ea76055 -Nout
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 8:29am
by WF
p
Peer
Kajun Sound Rarity
Ever saw anything like this?? The brand says: "Kajun(with a K) Sound Accordion" Website #3
Views: 428   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 8:16am
by Le Piquant
Squeezebox ShootOut
I just got a text saying that Wilson Savoy won the ShootOut. Don't know anymore than that.
Views: 376   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 7:53am
by big nick
c
craig
plenty of time to practice
Plenty of time for squeezing,aye Jim P? Blizzard conditions through tonight. Not much better here in Montgomery Co. Looking forward to those spring music fests for sure.
Views: 462   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 6:07pm
by craig
cajun music
i have listened to a lot of cajun music. I have listened to Gunnar from Sweden and all of the bands from the Netherlands and even some soggy bottom bands from England. But there is nothing like the real stuff. I mean Steve, Wayne, Belton, DL, Savoy, Jerry, Jude, B...
Views: 306   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 5:38pm
by randy4u
Martin
Does anybody knows A ROBERT SANDMAN FROM ENGLAND, HE TRIES TO SELL ME A martin in D
Views: 365   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 3:56pm
by fiddler2007
future
hi again As i can figure it out . I live at least 7 hours before you. If that is true, You are living in the past and i `am living as a " hooting Owl", like Jamey says Some people live in the past
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 2:55pm
by tor eiesland
Hohner 114
Can anyone tell me about the Hohner 114 model. i'm told it is still made in Germany and all the old cajun masters used it.. Is it still a good cajun box. Any input will be helpful.
Views: 479   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 1:49pm
by Jim Pettijohn
Ville Platte Two Step & the naming of the beast .......
Hi experts, Q: On Neal's site you'll find this Two Step de Ville Platte: http://npmusic.org/EliseDeshotelsAndHisLouisianaRhythmaires_TwoStepdeVillePlatte.mp3. This sounds like a genuine 2 step to me, even with the "two bits and a haircut" ending added. But...
Views: 334   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 12:59pm
by fiddler2007
Jennings SqueezeBox Shootout
Anyone going to the Jennings Squeezebox shootout this Saturday at 12?
Views: 438   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 9:19am
by Johnny Ace
Hier au soir
hi braves that is strange. After we discussed this "Yaroslav" thing about a month ago. I dont know ,but I dont hear the russians anymore. I just hear "hier au soir" and there is a hell of lot of songs that uses that line. Thanks to the braves, I`m not a commu...
Views: 298   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 8:47am
by Le Piquant
k
kirkm
Fred's Lounge
Looking forward to going to Fred's Lounge early tomorrow morning.
Views: 366   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 10:55pm
by Le Piquant
OT: How to make a capuchon (Mardis Gras cone-hat)?
Do you take light poster board rolled into a cone, glue it together, then glue fabric and baubles and such to it? Or is there a better way?
Views: 3119   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 10:42pm
by KarlS
Mardi Gras Weekend
For those of you who will be around, we are playing the street dance in Eunice on Saturday night from 7:30-11:30. If you are close by, stop in and say hi.
Views: 357   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 9:01pm
by Toby
new accordions for sale 1,000 to 1,200 key of c, hand made, with case
there are 2 are 3 doves left,hand made,just as good as any, located in sunset,la call rufus at 337-662-6167 $ 1,000 to & 1,200
Views: 424   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 8:18pm
by chrispy cajun
turned on spam block and
I don't know if this will help. I turned on "Spam Blocker" and "Require Image Verification for Posting". If it's too much troubles, I'll turn them back off. --Big Nick
Views: 410   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 5:25pm
by randy4u
want to learn
I am 31 with know music background and have been wainting to learn how to play the squeeze box for quite some time now!!! I am wondering if I have a fighting chance!! Also, I was wanting to get some advice on what box to get ETC!!
Views: 549   Replies: 22
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 5:19pm
by randy4u
p
Pdubya
Lil help getting guitars onboard...
Being a novice for a few years and still squawking out tunes in the basement alone (yes basement means up north...NY), I have recently been trying to work the box into some local jams mainly populated by guitar players who have heard very little of Canjun music. I pl...
Views: 402   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 4:00pm
by Patrick O
thank you to the 12 dove owners.....
12 doves sold right here on this form.as far away as canada....thank u..2 more to go..and the very last one built as all most finished..mine all mine...
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 1:01pm
by Jon Melancon
le piquant
Hi May a have your e-mail adress? I want to discuss something with you tor
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 11:31am
by tor eiesland
Snowy in Texas! .. What's happening in Louisiana?
Can anyone tell me what the wheather is going in LA? --BN
Views: 371   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 11:30am
by Bryan Lafleur
j
JB
Mitch Reed Fiddle DVD
Has anyone on this forum used the Mitch Reed instructional fiddle DVD, the one produced by Wilson Savoy, and is it good for a newby or more for someone whose got a lot of fiddle experience? Thanks, JB
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 9:54pm
by Le Piquant
ID wanted
Anyone know who this accordion player is? This was at the accordion festival at Mulattes in 91. Link #2
Views: 526   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 6:08pm
by Ganey Arsement
c
Carol
Swamp Stomp Festival
I am planning a trip to Louisiana (from WI) in March and have found this festival in Thibodaux. It is only the second year for the fest and I'm wondering if anyone on this board attended last year or has any first hand information? The lineup looks good with Steve R...
Views: 362   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 7:35am
by Le Piquant
Time to share your favorite right-hand chords?
Hello Braves! Every once in a while, the topics of right-hand chords comes up. What sayest thou? Start a thread to share a few of your favorite right hand chords with the Braves? --bn
Views: 471   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 4:05pm
by Peer
Rubber Band use
Any suggestions why this feller uses a rubber band on the upper deck of his weapon?: - Nout
Views: 514   Replies: 19
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 4:00pm
by cb
Views: 385   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 10, 2010 10:43am
by Peer
Russian Cajun
I was reading some posts on another Cajun accordion forum (name witheld) this morning and read where the young a talented Damon Troy is really the son of Russian immigrants!? His parents changed his name from Anton Petrov as an infant. I'd never heard this until now....
Views: 357   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 10:45pm
by Le Piquant
jam at Cajunfiddler
Went to St. Amant Louisiana and jammed with a bunch of my buddies. It sure is exciting be able to play and sing the songs I've listened to all my life. I've got a long way to go (musically) but I know I am on my way. Le Piquant
Views: 294   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 8:55pm
by Le Piquant
LA accordion
To all you braves out there. I will thank you all for the advices on the accordion and especially for the translations suggestions. I never thought the Russians could get so close to the cajun community. But anyway I `m gonna get a LA made accordion even if I h...
Views: 474   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 8:20pm
by Le Piquant
Ever remember a forgetten song that you know ? It's like finding money in an old coat pocket
Haven't played this one in years, so here's some scrappy memory. I had more fun doing this than watching football, that's for d*mned sure.
Views: 374   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 6:55pm
by Jim Pettijohn
w
WF
WikiBooks: Louisiana French
WikiBooks: Louisiana French http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Louisiana_French
Views: 434   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 6:39pm
by JohnA
taking request for tonight
hey everyone I know that i already posted it about how we are playing at the liberty tonight but i wanted to get everyone involved. I want to play peoples request so whatever you want to hear played live tonight we will go ahead and do it for you. Text me or call me...
Views: 276   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 10:29am
by AAron chesson an...
w
WF
OT: SAINTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah. Enough said. (btw, i like the addition of passcode letters at the bottom of posts to ward off spammers and spam-bots.) WF
Views: 355   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 4:54am
by Le Piquant
LA accordion
well you probably know me. I have a question: How much must I pay for a LOUISIANA MADE, used one row C tuned accordion. With a case and the instructunal DVD of BIG NIC And shipped to Norway. I will only buy from the members of this board And I wont spend money on...
Views: 429   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 2:07pm
by Jamey Hall
j
Joe D
Saints Go Marching In
My congrats to all the Saints fans in LA. It's long overdue. I remember when the Tampa Bay Bucs won their first ever game - after 26 trys - in New Orleans in 1977 and all the paper bags that followed. Super Bowl win and Mardi Gras, it doesnt get better than dat!!
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 11:14am
by Joe D
j
JB
Standing up, Sitting down? Playing Good Technically Versus Playing not-quite-so-good But with Energy
Does playing wilst sitting down on stage, on a chair or stool, take away from the artist's presentation, but by so doing enhance the quality of his music, thus ading to the enjoyment of the listeners? Or, conversely, does playing in the upright posture add to the...
Views: 507   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 5:36am
by Peer
Cajun fiddler
Check out link #2. I've been following this guy for a while, he hasn't been playing long. He does an awesome job of capturing that old sound that I like so much. He doesn't have a rubber band though.
Views: 382   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 11:09pm
by fiddler2007
Spammers f***off
What can we do except using passwords etc, Nick? Bomb their IP/website/emails? You installing a spam filter? - Nout
Views: 339   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 10:54pm
by fiddler2007
Toyota Trucks and Cars Off Topic
It's a little slow on this site right now so I thought I'd ask for y'all's opinion on trucks. I have a Dodge Dakota that has never been recalled and I thought I'd trade it in on a Toyota. Which are being recalled right now and we all know a Toyota is better than a Do...
Views: 391   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 7:11pm
by Le Piquant
r
ron
i finally got the sound i been lookin' for
I play piano accordion and some one and 3 row.,PA is my main axe I've been searching for the right accordion sound(amplified) for a long time, i've got a very high dollar Titano with internal pickups that just wasn't right sound wise even though it has a beautiful...
Views: 417   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 3:28pm
by Patrick O
Two-Step d'Amédé - Savoy-Doucet Cajun Band
Hi I'm after the notes for Two-Step d'Amédé - can anybody help? - Unfortunately I'm not very good at playing by ear cheers Bob
Views: 442   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 12:48pm
by Paul
Lyrics to "Keep Your Hands off of it" by Lawrence Walker
I would like some opinions. The second verse on the Balfa Toujours cut of this is: "I'm going to Texas to get my carburator clean Those Louisiana Women sold me dirty gasoline." Is this the original lyric of Lawrence Walker? Is it disrespectful for me to s...
Views: 536   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 9:33am
by kevin huval
Hohner HA114 in D?
Anyone know if they made HA114B in D? The black Hohner...
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 6:48pm
by Jim Pettijohn
Reactivating a hesitant bass reed on Hohner
The largest reed (on the bass side C,G') in a semi-vintage black Hohner 114 that I have, doesn't answer when playing, at a normal, loud volume. Popped out the reed, the leathers look perfect, for what garbage they're made of. Cardboard paper? The reeds are cleane...
Views: 274   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 5:52pm
by Jim Pettijohn
paul Hisson
hi Paul Where are you . I invited you for a drink or some, I+am waiting tor
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2010 9:13pm
by tor eiesland
Yaroslav
i listened to Iry Le`jeune this night: Evangeline Special and in his first line I hear Yaroslav, but I know it is : Hier au soir End of discussion tor ( Le grand bon rien)
Views: 319   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 5, 2010 10:48am
by tor eiesland
this coming saturday the 6th
just like to remind everyone that we will be playing out at the liberty theatre in eunice, la again this coming saturday starting at 6pm
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 5, 2010 10:11am
by AAron chesson an...
annoying
Finally someone more annoying than u no who. Le Piquant
Views: 549   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 8:02pm
by Elzie Matthews J...
Big Squeeze Accordion Contest Auditions
The Big Squeeze accordion contest is for non-professional Texas musicians, 21 years of age and younger. You may have seen The Big Squeeze film about the contest on PBS, or seen and heard the many stories on the news and in the papers statewide about the amazing youn...
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2010 3:58pm
by JB
miraculous machine
Something like this should be fun to construct around a cajun accordion, but it seems quite leaky for quick bellow-direction changes ...... Bryan, a job for you? more info: link#3 http://archineer.blogspot.com/ - Nout
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 10:25pm
by fiddler2007
Savoy Pioneer Series
Check out new series from Mark Savoy: The Pioneer Series will have the following specifications: Quarter-sawn northern hard maple stained piano black Reeds by Binci a mano Available in any key with special tunings Black Bellows/Red interior Solid Brass Hard...
Views: 610   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 9:11pm
by Jim Pettijohn
The Lacassine Playboys
Very proud to be part of this project. Not only did I play bass on the CD, I also did the design work and published it on my own label. A very long awaited, much anticipated project. Ellis Vanicor was born in Church Point, Louisiana on August 14th, 1929. He st...
Views: 747   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 4:35pm
by Blue Norther Ste...
m
Marc
Saulieu Festival 2010
Last new !!! 17th Saulieu Cajun & Zydeco Festival, Music, Film & Food Festival : 5-6-7-8 August 2010 With BONSOIR CATIN and LES CADIENS FAROUCHES DE LA LOUISIANE (Joêl Savoy, Jesse Légé, Linzay Young) and others bands. (link#1) Si tu veux avoir un...
Views: 392   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 4:23pm
by Marc
n
neal
Grammy winner
Buckwheat Zydeco for Lay Your Burden Down
Views: 593   Replies: 24
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 9:42am
by Paul Hisson
Martin Accordion
The beat up accordion sold for $762.00 on ebay. Le Piquant
Views: 424   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 5:11am
by Peer
My Favorite Cajun fiddle tune
This is my Favorite Cajun fiddle tune I heard from the Balfa brothers,and I forgot the name in French.I recorded a bass,guitar and fiddle track to practice with,so on #3 I just play along
Views: 561   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 11:31pm
by Patrick O
d
Darryl
Cajun Song Verse Translation
I've been writing new material for our CD and I've composed an, as yet , un-named Waltz ,which needs a Cajun verse . Over here in Australia we do Cajun/Creole material with English and French verses within the song....and we've found that blend is very successful...
Views: 362   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 1:58pm
by Darryl
j
Joey G
RIP Joe Burge, AKA Dr. Feelgood
Just got awakened by a text from a friend that Doc passed away today. For those of us that have grown up listening to the Swamp n/ Roll Show on KBON and other stations before that, Thursday nights will be forever changed. He will me missed.
Views: 486   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 12:25pm
by Paul Hisson
looking for a cajun accordion mic
anyone selling or know someone selling a gooseneck wireless or wired mic? call at 337-802-3608 or reply/ thanks
Views: 317   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 5:00pm
by stewart matte
Tim Reed Accordions
Does any one know of or have experience with accordions built by Tim Reed. His prices seem reasonable and his accordions look very attractive on his web site. Please advise as I plan to purchase an new accordion in a few months.
Views: 709   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 12:36pm
by kenmkboy
off topic
We had the mistake of the Union and my wife was tuning her fiddle and when she realized that I was in the room she apologized for playing. I told her no big deal I only needed every 4th word because I can read faster than he could. Le Piquant
Views: 508   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 5:19am
by Andy
Maxitone at Maxiprice on Ebay
It seems a bit pricey, is it worth anything? And oh boy, it's even a Cajun accordion the liner notes say ....... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230420758655 (link#3) -nout
Views: 379   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 2:49am
by Jim Pettijohn
j
JohnA
New Flappers
Hi All, Courtesy of buttonbox, I have new flappers for my Dove accordion and have put them on. Dressed it up nicely though getting them lined up was tedious and they got somewhat out of line anyway. I've pretty well gotten the flappers all lying flat now but i...
Views: 701   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 12:11am
by Jim Pettijohn
k
KarlS
Merci!!!!
Thanks Big....hope there is a block.....
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 6:35pm
by KarlS
One year on accordion
This is my first video using the Kodak Zi6,My wife is on guitar,and a friend on Mandolin.I started playing accordion last Christmas
Views: 619   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 12:11pm
by MarkS
Youtube of Savoy Family Band - complete song
I had posted a short video segment of the Savoy family band playing at Down Home Music and El Cerrito, CA to show the quality of the flip video recorder. A few people asked me to post the whole song..which I've done the url is below or from the first link. Enjoy...
Views: 584   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 30, 2010 11:46am
by randy4u
n
neal
T-Coon Touchet doing In the Pines and Back Door
Dans les Pins Back Door Amazing!
Views: 476   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 3:47pm
by neal
p
Peer
Cajun Blues - Cajun Waltz
Thesis: The feeling of a Cajun waltz ( _._._. )is not very different from the feeling of a Cajun Blues.( _._. ) The main difference is that in a waltz there is an extra count in a measure. So if you leave that extra count away, it is possible to change a waltz...
Views: 375   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 6:00am
by Peer
Martin For Sale
I have a Martin for sale 1200.00 I pay frt. Crawfish on bellows,chrome buttons,dry tuned hardshell case. Lt Walnut. Mint cond. Never giged.No smoke! also external mic. for 50.00 (Sure) if you buy Acc.Will send pic private if interested. Im going to start playing my o...
Views: 577   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 7:59pm
by Gene Wolverton
Instructional videos
I was just wandering if anyone out there has ever tried to learn from John Rogers videos. My wife bought the two VHS about 10 years ago and I haven't done much with them. I thought I might look at them again this weekend to see if it is easier to understand now. Any...
Views: 380   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 5:47am
by bryan lafleur
savoy music centre mic
Hi all, saving whats left of my gig money after gas and beer over the past year I can afford to purchase some mic's for my accordions at last 1 plate style for my 1 row and a enternal mic kit for my 3 row I'm will purchase...
Views: 434   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 7:54pm
by Roy T Payne
Best camcorder for Cajun accordion?
What has the best sound and picture? I'm thinking I need one with internal memory, as opposed to "stick" memory only. My local Best Buy has JVC and Panasonic, maybe more; they're out of Sony. Or should I get it somewhere else? Thanks, Jamey
Views: 516   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 3:15pm
by Peer
brett thibodeaux
hey i need your number/ call me. how much does he want for that wired mic? call me or txt me.
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 10:01am
by stewart matte
p
Peer
3 stop melodeon for sale
3-stop vintage melodeon for sale! Link #2. Collector's item. (nice decoration (a bit Heritage-like), and in good condition, so it seems. http://cgi.ebay.com/Parsifal-Button-Accordion-Melodeon-Diatonic-Mint-Boxed_W0QQitemZ180459103779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKeyboards_M...
Views: 484   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 2:39am
by Peer
check out the wear and tare on this one!
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARTIN-ACCORDION-CAJUN-PRIDE-WITH-CASE-NR_W0QQitemZ270521208808QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKeyboards_MIDI?hash=item3efc520fe8
Views: 618   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 8:27pm
by Jim Pettijohn
WF
Sesame Street - It's Zydeco
Does this enhance the music and culture or does this underline the stereotypes which have "watered down" the music and culture? Comments?
Views: 491   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 7:35pm
by larry english
w
WF
Views: 438   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 12:39pm
by randy4u
High Point on Eb Commemorative Acadian
I have been truly dumbfounded by certain folks from days past on bravenet, who claim that Marc doesn't build good accordions "anymore". Every Acadian I have had him AND Tina build me, from 2002 onward, are the best musical instruments I've ever put in my hands. Han...
Views: 497   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 12:36pm
by buttonbox
Gabbanelli = Bad.
That Chinese accordion they "supervise" is going back to that opportunistic accordion company down in Texas. Gabbanelli can suck a fat one. It's going back... that is, if their "Guarantee" is solid. First off, leaks everywhere possible. Second, bass box so big the...
Views: 1626   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 7:24am
by Peer
anyone know if it's possible to switch Hohner HA114 in C to a Bflat (Binci)
? I'm thinking the dimensions of the chambers might not work right, even to try and modify
Views: 371   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 9:30pm
by Le Piquant
b
brode
Savoy Accordions
Hey, A friend in lafayette recommended getting a acadian as my first box. I was wondering... what is the usual wait time for the center to complete an accordion? I "played" one for the first time a couple months ago, and it had an awesome sound! thanks
Views: 672   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 8:14pm
by brode
A lil something to kinda stir the crap pot
True story. My producer has sent out a whole bunch of my cds to a whole bunch of radio stations....ok.....I go and check my mail on facebook just now and paul marx wrote this............WTF? Why didn't you replace KEUN with KBON on the song LET THE MEATBALL ROLL or j...
Views: 611   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 1:20pm
by Bryan Lafleur
2 year anniversary
I got my first Cajun accordion 2 years ago today. Am I any better than I was a year ago? Hard to say . . . but if I'm not, it's not from lack of practice! It's hard when you live outside the culture, have always lived outside the culture, and don't get exposed t...
Views: 612   Replies: 32
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 12:37pm
by Rick Reid
Don't need KBON
I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned here before, but I have been listening to Pandora (second link) a lot lately. I'm not real big on listening to radio because of the mix, but Pandora Internet Radio allows you to customize the songs that you want. Create a playlis...
Views: 612   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 12:30pm
by Jon Melancon
Need lyrics for Octa Clark's Valse Criminelle, and Cher Alice
I really like the way Octa Clark sings Valse Criminelle and Cher Alice. Just curious if anyone here has his version for the lyrics.
Views: 750   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 6:31pm
by Griff
a little more stirrimng
Here's some unwritten rules finally written down: 1. Have lots of extra promotional CDs on hand. The one's you give out can't be found and he'll need another. 2. If you play at Club A, expect to be banned at Club B. 3. If the gig includes dinner for the band,...
Views: 397   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 11:28pm
by Rick Reid
j
JB
Flat E
I hooded up the little black Intelli violin tuner to the "C" accordion and noticed that the 'E' button, number '4' on the push, was a little bit flat. Number '7' button on the push, also an 'E', was about the same amount flat. On the "D" accordion, the number '4'...
Views: 339   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 9:35pm
by Jim Pettijohn
Ever hear the Cajun Waltz that Clint Eastwood wrote?
Maybe not so Cajun, with the saxaphone and bagpipes, but the melody is somewhat. You can hear a Cajun accordion very faintly somewhere later in the song, very faintly. I think Clint wrote it, I have the soundtrack sitting around somehwere, and my memory says tha...
Views: 525   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 7:40pm
by dp Mandell
f
Fabac
Anticipated Bellows Change
As a beginner I’ve faced a whole bunch of challenges. Here’s one I would like some help with. If you are familiar with Dirk’s DVD’s you know that in La Talle Des Ronces he explains the “anticipated bellows change.” I’m not...
Views: 412   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 4:24pm
by Fabac
Dedans Le Sud De La Louisiane
HELP Hi to all cajun accordeon players, i stay in Germany and i need the tabulature from The Song: "Dedans le sud de la Louisiane. In Germany they are not many People play Cajun (i think about 5 with me, so it's verry hard to get instructions. I have the...
Views: 307   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 10:29am
by Steve from Jerse...
Junior Martin "C" for sale in SF Bay Area (posting for a friend)
I am posting this for someone who has come to the Cajun jams my husband and I host here in the SF Bay Area. Her name is Linda. Below is the message she asked me to pass on. You can contact her directly at ljordan@acaciavp.com --Blair __________ "......
Views: 437   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 11:09pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
Inordinate amount of spam as of late?
I tell yah .. If I had the time to waste, I'd follow up on all these spam messages, call the vendors and string them along, just to waste their time. "Yes, come right over and manage my debt." Then, when they arrive, start selling them Tupperware. Oh well...
Views: 385   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 9:55pm
by JB
Low cost accordion
Improved China made accordion? Anyone tried one of these?
Views: 658   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 7:57pm
by Jim Pettijohn
w
WF
2010 CADG Members Map update
Time to update the Google map of CADG members. If you would like to be added, removed, or info changed, either reply to this post or email me (falcanary @ yahoo.com) with the following: 1) Name 2) City 3) State or Country See the CADG Map View CADG in a...
Views: 577   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 11:06am
by loup'ed garou (d...
Deux Voyages/Two voyages
I came accross this while surfing through Youtube. Beautiful Waltz with Courtney Granger singing in French and Tim O'Brien doing the English. Have any Cajun Bands picked up on this yet. I can hear a terrific accordion part on this. Also it is a nice lesson on Ca...
Views: 532   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 8:25pm
by Patrick O
l
Leslie
Paurve Hobo, need lyrics
I have the tune (Paurve Hobo) on a Nathan Abshire CD and I would like to learn the lyrics. Can anyone help out? Thanks. Leslie
Views: 458   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 7:35pm
by tor eiesland
Mith and Steve lesso and Jam
My bride and I drove to Lafayette and took advantage of the lesson and jam Mith Reed and Steve Riley put on last night. Where can you go in this country and play with musicians of this calibur of these two and learn and socialize with them and get that kind of one on...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 21, 2010 3:57am
by roxyrohit
la valse du bambocheaur
hi i have the lyrics for "la valse du bambocheaur" by the BalfA BROS. But can anybody teach me how to put the pressures on the words. This is not what I learned in school back in the late -60. I studied french for 3 years but no one in my class prounounced it like...
Views: 465   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 1:18pm
by Le Piquant
accordion mic
I am looking at getting an accordion mic. I have a duel falcon. im not looking for a brand new mic setup just yet, ill wait till my first gig or so. Right now im really looking for a used setup (gooseneck mic and receiver). That works. Does anyone noone of someone or...
Views: 366   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 8:42am
by stewart matte
south to louisiana
i listen to the lac charles radio every day And I heard the song "south to louisiana", may be more known as "North to Alaska" by Carl Smith. Who is singing the southern version, It reminds me of Carl Smith and it`s all in english tor
Views: 446   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 3:47am
by Yves
Question on wet tuning
I was wondering why the mid bank on wet Cajun accordions are tuned flat rather than sharp. I have no clue which way my piano accordion is tuned because I can't isolate the wet bank with the shift stops.
Views: 428   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 1:39am
by Jim Pettijohn
Cajun Accordion Pesentation
Well we did our presentation on the Cajun accordion, it's influence and history in Louisiana and if I may say so myself, it went really well. Le Piquant
Views: 354   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 11:02pm
by Le Piquant
little red accordion
Hey CB email me---thanks, ken
Views: 487   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 5:46am
by kenmkboy
Joe Falcon
We know that "Allons A' Lafayette" was the first song recorded but what was on the B side? Le Piquant
Views: 420   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 11:18pm
by Marc
Cantina Band
I was watching the original Star Wars movie last night and when it got to the cantina scene, one of the aliens in the band was playing an instrument that sounded a lot like a Cajun box. It looked flatter and he didn't hold it like most players would but he was pretty...
Views: 412   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 5:36pm
by Paul Hisson
Off topic, but a must for any guitar player. This $60 (new!) guitar is awesome
Buy one, you most likely won't be disappointed. I thought maybe I got lucky, but my Niece just got one righjt handed and I checked it over and it's just as good as my lefty. The only thing I did to improve it was glue a 1 mm ebony shim to the saddle, to raise th...
Views: 465   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 11:23am
by Big Nick
Lost another Accordion Player...
I just received word from Fred Charlie that accordionist, Donald Thibodeaux has passed away.
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 11:06am
by Paul Hisson
Augusta 2010
What a lineup!! Can you believe Walter Mouton teaching accordion? Promises to be another great year. Gene http://www.augustaheritage.com/cajun.html
Views: 455   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2010 11:02am
by Leslie
Cajun Mardi Gras Masks
Need some info on how to make a Cajun Mardi Gras mask anybody have any info? Le Piquant
Views: 348   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 17, 2010 8:19am
by Le Piquant
d
dwight
lyrics request: je va's jamais la voir encore
From Geno's "La Chanson Perdue" cd. Anyone know, or can transcribe?
Views: 338   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2010 6:44am
by Tor Eiesland
Looking to buy a used C - LA Handmade Accordion
I have a buddy that is looking to buy a relatively cheap used LA handmade accordion to learn on - in the key of C. Anyone have any for sale?
Views: 607   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 2:28pm
by Le Piquant
WF
OT: Go Saints!
Nick Lick and the Hickies new song for the New Orleans Saints Playoffs 2010. It was co-written by Pat Onellion in Lafayette, LA. "The Night We Drink That Dixie Down" WF
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 12:16pm
by WF
p
Paul
Tabs for Midland two step
Would anyone have the tabs for Midland Two Step. Thanks,
Views: 490   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 9:00pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
Quality leathers, anywhere?
Just opened a large pack of leathers that I bought a couple years ago from some guy on Ebay, and was very disappointed to find they are worse than what is found in Ariette prototypes. Anyone know where to find quality leathers and boosters?
Views: 378   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 7:59pm
by DP Mandell
Bobby Charles
Singer song writer Bobby Charles died yesterday. He wrote such songs for Fats Domino-Walking to New Orleans and Bill Haley and the Coments-See you later Alligator to name a few. I met him for the award ceremony last year and included his picture in the still picture...
Views: 358   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 7:48pm
by randy4u
Bobby Charles
Hearing his songs at an early age probably propelled me to Louisiana. Check the links. Last year I heard CC Addcock say he knew Bobby but didn't consider himself as a friend and doubted Charles had friends. All the same there were millions that loved him.
Views: 367   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 12:00pm
by Wingingit
PeeWee Broussard
Here is a great photo of Peewee from 2006. David Simpson has this and several others on his website at Cajun/Zydeco Photos.
Views: 455   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 12:40am
by Cajun Troubadour...
n
neal
Views: 407   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 14, 2010 1:45pm
by neal
A young Jimmy Breaux again
Reposting of some Youtube videos I posted a while back and temporarily removed. Link's #2 and 3. Jimmy's stepfather UJ Meaux on fiddle, Demas Comeaux on guitar, Nathan Menard on steel, and Ray (??) on drums. Anyone know his last name? Nathan says it a couple times...
Views: 550   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2010 1:12pm
by Jim Pettijohn
chanky chank
Trying to get those in and out notes smooth, I notice my bellows arm tightening up. Obviously, that's not good. Any thoughts on working on that? Should I be focusing on using the wrist more? I try to back off a bit when it seems I[m bulling the bellows, but argh! Steve
Views: 439   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 14, 2010 10:16am
by aaron chesson an...
Wet or dry accordion
I was wondering how many others like a wet or slightly wet accordion.My main accordion is Cajun dry,but I enjoy playing my Bb wet,when I'm in the mood,which is often.I would describe the sound as warm and full,My next accordion may be slightly wet(there is always a n...
Views: 506   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 11:06pm
by Patrick O
Pee Wee Broussard
We were in Lafayette this week end went to 3 jam sessions in 2 days had a good time. We went to Marc's jam on Saturday morning and I was talking to one of my buddies about Paul Guidry, he made Creole accordions. Octa Clark, Harry Trahan, and Christy Guillory played h...
Views: 724   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 10:57pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
d
dwight
How to attach plastic reed leathers and leather supports to reeds?
I just bought a Regal that was built about 20 years ago, been sitting on a store shelf all that time. I just opened it and a handful of plastic reed leathers were loose inside the box. It looks like they were originally attached with wax. How would I redo that...
Views: 395   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 6:50pm
by DP Mandell
j
JohnA
Accordion construction question
I'm gonna make new flappers for my travel accordion. Is it important to use very light wood for those? Will a relatively heavy wood result in poor response? What materials are best used for the padding where it contacts the box? Thanks John Alexander
Views: 539   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 5:55pm
by JohnA
d
Dwight
Coming to Mardi Gras
I'm going to be in the Lafayette area for the weekend before Mardi Gras weekend, then MIGHT be back for MG day. I would love to hook up with some folks for jamming, hand shaking, saying hi, putting faces to names, etc. Let me know if anyone's going to be availa...
Views: 422   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 2:34pm
by Mark Marcin
s
Saanen
Zydeco Force Reunion - This Sunday
For all of the Zydeco fans who frequent this message board, we wanted to let you know about this show. If you live in SWLA, you've probably already heard it on the radio, if you live out of the area, you may not know it, but Zydeco Force will be playing a reunion sh...
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 10:52am
by Saanen
Cedric Watson in the NY Times
In today's Arts Section, available on line is music critic John Pareles review of the seventh annual Globalfest World Music show at Webster Hall. " Cedric Watson, a Texan now based in South Lousiana, reconfigures new and old Cajun music with guts and smarts. He pla...
Views: 505   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 10:21am
by Johnny Ace
k
kirkm
Acadian D for sale
Excellent condition. Will supply pics and info upon request. Please only serious inquiries.
Views: 492   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 10:15am
by Jon Melancon
Views: 349   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 7:18am
by Steve from Jerse...
My new baby in the works
Pics of my new baby in the making. Can you guess what brand it might be?? ETA end of January yea yea!!!
Views: 449   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 3:23am
by Jim Pettijohn
heir au soir
Well I give up I listened to the Balfa bros. Iry LeJeune and even Steve riley to the song Jà etais aux Bal. And I can now understand the words : heir au soir, last evening But it still sounds like "Yaroslav" to me But thanks for your help to enlighte...
Views: 540   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 12, 2010 10:14pm
by fiddler2007
Joe Falcon
Does anyone have a recording of Joe Falcon's Allons a Lafayette? I am doing a presentation on the important role the accordion played in the culture and music of the Cajuns for the library on the 19th of January and wanted to do the song as Joe and Cleoma did it. I w...
Views: 451   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 12, 2010 3:25pm
by randy4u
How long to break in accordion
How long does it take to break in a new accordion,with average play time,say 30 minutes a night.How will a accordion change over the months are years.Thanks
Views: 599   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 11, 2010 6:10pm
by WF
n
neal
Cedric Watson on upcoming PBS program
Story in the Lafayette paper, The Independent, about Cedric Watson appearing in a PBS series. "Grammy nominee Cedric Watson, a rising star in south Louisiana’s indigenous music scene and band leader of Bijou Creole, is featured in a short ‘webisodeR...
Views: 676   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 11, 2010 5:36pm
by Steve from Jerse...
j
JB
Cory, Please Get In Touch wit' Me
Cory, If you have the time next week, please send me an e-mail. Many Thanks, JB
Views: 358   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2010 3:06pm
by Paul Hisson
the singers
hello there braves! well i have seen there is a discussion about Dough Kersawh. i think he is a great fiddler, but no singer. the best Of the best cajun singers are in my opinion First of all . DEWEY BALFA- BELTON RICHARD_ Iry LeJeune and Eddie LeJEUNE, REMEMB...
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2010 1:04pm
by Jon Melancon
WF
RVdC - Low Maintenance
Low Maintenance on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song:Pardon Waltz Song: Church Point Breakdown
Views: 571   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 11, 2010 12:53pm
by Jon Melancon
t
Toby
Off Topic
Just wanted to know if any Braves had luck with deer season this year? I used all of my bad luck, so next year should be better!
Views: 444   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 11, 2010 11:17am
by Paul Hisson
website
www.great-recordings.com now has the cd available from there site if anyone was still interested. thanks.
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2010 6:53am
by Marc
j
JohnA
Help with reed problem
All, My travel accordion has a bit of a problem that I hope someone can help me with. With all stops closed but the one furthest from me, the #9 key on the push and the #10 key on the pull are silent. Any clues on this or is this to be expected? Is this lik...
Views: 388   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2010 11:58pm
by Jim Pettijohn
p
Peer
rotating thumb strap
My old 114 had a thumb strap (not original) that was attached with just one screw to the back of the fingerboard, in such a way that it could rotate freely. This made it possible to reach any button easily. On my Bon Cajun, the strap is completely fixed with two scr...
Views: 414   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 10, 2010 9:18pm
by Chuck in Indy
j
JohnA
Grandma's Waltz - Octa Clark
Does someone have the lyrics to Grandma's Waltz by Octa Clark? ...and a translation for those linguistically challenged of us. I just can't get this song out of my head.
Views: 501   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 10, 2010 10:13am
by neal
Joe Falon
I am doing a presentation for the library in Thibodaux on the 19th of this month on the role the accordion played in the music and culture of the Cajun people through the years. One of the songs I want to do is "Allons A' Lafayette" by Joe Falcon. I thought I had a c...
Views: 314   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2010 9:18am
by Le Piquant
New Youtube Video
Just posted my first video on Youtube. Crowley Two Step....a little background noise but not too bad of quality.
Views: 429   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 9, 2010 8:22pm
by cb
A full accordion reed cleaning. A grueling, yet noticeably rewarding job. 4 hours / 37 minutes
5 short years of tuning and waxing reeds, changing leathers etc... I knew the day would have to come that I'd force myself to do a full clean up of them. Attempting to finish the job in one sitting, is much like water torture. I gave it a go on my D Acadian. Desp...
Views: 1553   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2010 4:58pm
by Jim Pettijohn
d
Dwight
What constitutes Cajun fiddle style?
Someone was asking me this the other night, and I only had a minimalist answer, based on the way I play, which is playing an open string when it works. I also think I pretty much have the cajun rhythm, and try to emphasize the dance beat when I play. But, I know th...
Views: 660   Replies: 32
Last Post: Jan 7, 2010 6:10pm
by RPr
Chere Tout-Tout New Video
New Post for Chere Tout-Tout. Dad's voice was weak New Year's Eve. Thanks, Cajun Troubadours
Views: 480   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 7, 2010 7:10am
by Bryan Lafleur
e
Ed
Martin For Sale reduced
I have decide to reduce the price on my Jr Martin in order to sell it. Price is now $1500 plus shipping & insurance. I have several more photos. Please email me if you are interested. This accordion was posted earlier this week. Does include the case. Thanks for...
Views: 648   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 6, 2010 3:08pm
by Ed
A New Year: I'm thankful for...
...this post. Because of it I've: Made a great new friend. Got a great new accordion. Kept track of a lot of friends from all over the country. Learned a ton about the music we all love. Ventured into singing in a language I don't speak. ..and been...
Views: 450   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 5, 2010 12:16pm
by randy4u
John Hugelen Memorial
Friends, Here's a link for the John Hugelen Memorial. I can't tell you how he will be missed. http://www.petersenlundfh.com/index.cfm --Big Nick
Views: 468   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2010 10:07pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
r
Ron A.
Lyric request - Tous Les Deux Pour La Meme
I can't figure out a word or two from the Beausoleil version of this song, from the Allons a Lafayette record. In the second verse, he sings: J'ai parti pour t'chercher ... a la maison. What are the lyrics where I have the 3 dots? Thank you!
Views: 364   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 4, 2010 5:33pm
by Paul Hisson
Time to learn tunes for 2010! What you working on?
I'm becoming inspired to work up some new tunes for the new year How 'bout y'all? What is everyone working on? --Big
Views: 672   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jan 4, 2010 4:38pm
by Paul Hisson
First Lyric Request for New Year
First of all, Happy New Year to fellow Cajun Music enthusiasts.... i am looking for the words to j'ai laisse de maison the version i am listening to is on the new joel savoy and linzay young CD....... anybody know this one? who else has recorded it? tha...
Views: 531   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 4, 2010 4:35pm
by Jack Bond
Name of song?
Gentlemen, Can anyone tell me what the name of the song Mr. Savoy and his wife are playing? It is the second song after Nathan Abshire. Great short video. Thank you.
Views: 358   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 3, 2010 5:45pm
by Clay Rivers
Change the lights
I know this has nothing to do with music but i was wondering if anyone could help me out on how to change a fog light on the passenger side of a 1998 jeep grand cherokee. Thanks everyone!
Views: 494   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2010 12:42pm
by aaron chesson
any one know where i can find a link to the song ,la bella a la bayou
any one know, is it by megan brown, briggs sis???
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 2, 2010 1:27pm
by bryan lafleur
s
smeche
Posted a clip of the back door and reposted love bridge waltz
Sorry the end of the back door got cut off camera battery died. I ll try again when I get a chance Hope you enjoy. Smeche
Views: 413   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 2, 2010 11:38am
by smeche
A short session at my house / video.
I hadn't played this tune in a long time, so I did my best to fake it out. I suck at waltzes, and the song took a crap of an ending....... But more importantly, this accordion is the best, and it almost bursted the ear drums. It's a sweet feeling, the nice ringin...
Views: 457   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 2, 2010 11:34am
by Jim Pettijohn
New audio samples
I recently posted on here about the cd's we now have for sale some of you wanted to hear sound clips first so I am happy to announce that we now have song sample audio's on the website now if anyone else is interested. thanks. www.bayouheatcajunband.com
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 1, 2010 3:12pm
by ac & bhcb
Sad and most unfortunate news
Brothers and sisters, It is with deep regret that I pass on this most unfortunate news to you. John Hugelen of Iowa (also known as “Iowa John”) has passed away this afternoon at about 1:00pm CST following an ongoing illness. Those of you who...
Views: 650   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 1, 2010 9:14am
by John Romano
New Videos
Enjoy!
Views: 443   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2010 7:54am
by cb
The official "Thank You Marc" thread. Merci Beaucoup Marc!
I just want to give a big, sincere and well deserved thank you/merci beaucoup to Marc for all the help he provides with french lyrics. Marc, you are such a valuable resource. Once again, thank you, merci beaucoup!
Views: 488   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 31, 2009 7:16pm
by Bryan Lafleur
Junior Martin - what a great guy
I went by Junior's with an accordion that he didn't build, and he and Penny were so kind to me: they dropped what they were doing (and they're always busy), and not only took care of my problem, but repaired and modified things that I didn't even know needed it, winn...
Views: 496   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 31, 2009 5:33pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
Happy New 2010
Evr'y one i know and all people on this forum i wanna wish a happy new year 2010. thnx to ya all Fabian
Views: 341   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 31, 2009 10:35am
by JohnA
50th year anniversary Acadian in Eb. I've never played a better accordion
I wanted to get a video tonight, but my dad got home too late and he's the guitar man, and the chunkin' behind the whistlin' This is the best accordion I've ever held in my hands and played. I'm not being biased when I say this, and I didn't realize what a gem I...
Views: 901   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 31, 2009 3:21am
by Jim Pettijohn
Caroline, Caroline
Just stumbled on one of those songs I've heard before but it didn't catch me till just now. Easy and fun song to play, having a little trouble with the lyrics though, Marc, or anyone, can you fill in the blanks, and correct what I'm not hearing right. It's from Rob...
Views: 489   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 30, 2009 2:57pm
by bryan lafleur
Lyrics to Calcasieu Waltz
Can anyone (Marc) provide the lyrics to Eddie LeJeune's version of the Calcasieu Waltz? Its actually incorrectly labeled Chere 'Ti Monde on the album but its really the Calcasieu Waltz. Thanks!
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 30, 2009 11:14am
by Jon Melancon
Yaroslav
In the lyrics of quite many cajun songs I hear the word or name "Yaroslav". What does it mean.
Views: 473   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 30, 2009 5:50am
by Peer
f
Fabac
Two Ghost Dogs
Happiness is a old dog and a new L'Anse Grise button box. Many thanks to Bryan for his fine craftsmanship and encouragement to a struggling beginner.
Views: 481   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 29, 2009 9:42am
by Jon Melancon
New CD
Hello everyone just wanted to announce the new release of our new cd for the new year it is available now if anyone is interested in purchasing a copy just email me and I will be glad to get it to you. Thank you.
Views: 435   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 28, 2009 3:12pm
by Jude the Obscure
THAT FRENCH FRANCADIAN SOUND
Bonnes Fetes mes chers amis I just issued some 15 new songs on CD: "That French Francadian Sound" I recorded them at La Louisianne Studios (Lafayette, La) with (amongst other friends) Mitch Reed, David Greely, Linzay Young, Joel and Wilson Savoy. Listen to "Les...
Views: 606   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 28, 2009 12:26pm
by Meloderon
Wishing y'all a safe & happy holday season!
Hello all, As we approach the end of the "Decade From Heck" I'd just like to extend a wish for a safe & happy holiday season for all. I'm certain that I share the anticipation of learing new music and meeting people in the upcoming year :-) It is amazing...
Views: 408   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 27, 2009 4:24am
by Peer
d
Darryl
Oh Madeleine
I've heard this song before but KBON just played a version ..an EXCELLENT version..at about 8.50 PM Wednesday Eunice time ..... anybody hear it? KBON were broadcasting using ACER at the time so there was no in-studio DJ to talk to. Who was it playing?....sounded a...
Views: 520   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 26, 2009 10:24am
by kirk jones
Merry Christmas to All!
God bless y'all for Christmas, New Year's, and the rest of the year. Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men, and Love Thy Neighbor! It don't get any better than that.
Views: 351   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 25, 2009 6:12pm
by cb
Merry Christmas and invitations to some upcoming gigs...
I would like to wish everyone Merry Christmas and thank all the folks that I have met all due to this discussion board (Nonc Dave, Neal, Jamey Hall, Piquant, Kirk, Charlie B, Meloderon, Mark Sponer and his wife, and many others --and others who I haven't met face to...
Views: 462   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 25, 2009 6:10pm
by cb
Merry Christmas with lights
Check out link one for a great light show
Views: 449   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 25, 2009 3:18pm
by Patrick O
Dove and Swallow
So John Alexander did you buy a second box and was it the Dove? I now am interested in the Dove with Binci reeds and the Swallow with the same insides I would guess. Which one will sell and for how much? Neither are Big Three or as Jessie likes to compare Toyota t...
Views: 619   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 25, 2009 12:14pm
by randy4u
Louisiana ranked #1 as happiest state in the country!
See links 1 and 2. Here is the top 10 The happiest states: 1. Louisiana 2. Hawaii 3. Florida 4. Tennessee 5. Arizona 6. Mississippi 7. Montana 8. South Carolina 9. Alabama 10. Maine
Views: 630   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 25, 2009 5:45am
by craig
Tout le Temps en Temps
Help! Does anyone have the lyrics to Tout Le Temps en Temps as sung by Dave Greely on the Playboy's "Live" album? Also sung by many others.
Views: 522   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 5:37pm
by John Morris
Looks like Christmas in Louisiana
It's raining and it's getting cold! Le Piquant
Views: 291   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 3:46pm
by Le Piquant
great old time country site plus more ........
Great Site http://allensarchiveofearlyoldcountrymusic.blogspot.com/ (link #3) - Nout
Views: 375   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 3:28pm
by neal
accordion for sale,key of c like new
key of c,with case,like new,hand made in sunset,la,see link one call for more info,chris @ 337-371-7082, $800 firm
Views: 743   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 2:52pm
by JohnA
j
JohnA
Visit to Louisiana
I got down to Eunice yesterday and met Marc and Tina at SMC. It was a pleasure for sure and it was neat to see his shop. Thank you, Marc. @Nout - I saw your box while I was there. You're gonna be real happy with it. Though I grew up in Shreveport, I hadn't b...
Views: 304   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 2:38pm
by JohnA
Some new videos
I added three new videos to my YouTube channel. I apologize in advance for the low light and poor sound quality. See link two.
Views: 524   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 1:24pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
p
Peer
pays dans la jogue?!?
Does anyone here know what Iry Lejeune means with "pays"dans la jogue? (in the song Grand Bosco) Why not whiskey (or wine) dans la jogue or something? That would make more sense, and it would taste a lot better, too. Christian? Marc? Anyone else?
Views: 538   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 12:34pm
by neal
New Years Eve Party bands
Anybody (except Randy} have any suggestions for New Years bands? Le Piquant
Views: 449   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 11:54am
by Mark Marcin
y
Yves
Big Nicks DVD vol. 3
Today I opened Big Nicks (double)DVD "Learn To Play Cajun Accordion volume 3", as part of a birthday present from my girlfriend. I just had a quick view and already can say it's all perfect to me. Great choice of (7!) songs and with the tablature included (and very...
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 23, 2009 7:28pm
by Big Nick
Bryan Lafleur's L'anse Grise #4
First, I don't want to challenge anyone's opinion about what the "Best Cajun Accordion" might be. This is my 8th LA handmade, and I have two by other makers I'm proud to own...I just want to give Bryan his "Props" for the beautiful instrument he's created. It's a...
Views: 698   Replies: 21
Last Post: Dec 23, 2009 1:54pm
by bob
low G lovin'
I enjoy this G Acadian built last year immensely. The Eb commemorative will be shipped soon, will post video.
Views: 547   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 22, 2009 4:43pm
by Jim Pettijohn
Two Musicians' Passing
I would just like to pass along the deaths of two well known musicians here in the Louisiana area. The first one is Ronnie Miller who played many of years in the Lafayette area with many Cajun bands. He played with his father Rodney Miller for numerous years and Tomm...
Views: 549   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 21, 2009 11:03pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
Celebration of 12:47 AM EST :-)
Yes, it's the Winter Solstice! That means, we've seen the longest night for 2009 and are headed back into the light. At least it's a positive direction of travel --Big Nick
Views: 458   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 21, 2009 5:56pm
by larry english
e
ED
Martin For Sale
Hello I have selling my Jr Martin Cajun Accordion. Price $1650 It is about 2 1/2 years old and mostly in the house. If interested, please email me and we will go from there. Thanks..... Ed think I need some help on posting this photo.
Views: 662   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 21, 2009 3:03pm
by Jon Melancon
Falcon on ebay
Did y'all see the Falcon on ebay go for 3000.Whats the deal.why so high
Views: 749   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 21, 2009 2:48pm
by Jon Melancon
Check out the new addition to my family!
This box was put up for sale on this board just last week. I had been wanting a bright dry tuned D box for a while, even went talk to Marc Savoy a couple months ago, but the cold reality was I really couldn't swing the 2k plus. Then this box came along for sale on...
Views: 687   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 20, 2009 3:55pm
by Jon Melancon
Lonely Girl Waltz
This is such a pretty waltz but I am having trouble getting the words off of the video. Anyone out there got them to post? This is Damon Troy's version on link #1.
Views: 532   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 20, 2009 11:17am
by Marc
Cajun Accordion for sell
Hey if anyone looking are know of anyone looking for a Cajun Accordion i have one for sell for very cheep. email at lariats@gmail.com Mel
Views: 664   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 17, 2009 9:00am
by Jon Melancon
L'anse Grise #4
L'anse Grise #4 hot off the assembly line. Links # 2 and 3 for some not so good playing with it, ignore base playing on link #2, left hand was having a seizure. 9 button C with Binci reeds tuned 10 cents wet. Rosewood, curly maple, and ebony, made for my friend Chuc...
Views: 594   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 16, 2009 10:49am
by Jon Melancon
Hippy Taiau
Just wonder what position most people play this song. I originally learned it in 2nd position, because it sounded like that's where Nathan Abshire was playing it, but I've since listened to a couple versions in C. I tried it in 1st position and it seems easier to pl...
Views: 504   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 15, 2009 5:23pm
by fiddler2007
a
aaron
austin pitre
That would be so awesome and great if anyone knew where i could find any video footage of austin pitre it would be even better if they could post it on youtube or on here for the link.
Views: 413   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 15, 2009 4:54pm
by aaron
b
Brian
Jr Martin's Accordion for sale
Was searching through ebay and found this and thought it was pretty interesting. It looks like and says it was Jr Martin's first accordion. It's an Acadian and it has his name burned into the face plate. Check out link #1 to see it.
Views: 849   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 15, 2009 2:40pm
by JohnA
Roland Ledet
I just wanted to let the regulars on the board know that our own Roland Ledet lost his wife, yesterday. I don't know all of the details, but she had been in the hospital for probably four weeks, or so. Last I heard, he was trying to get her home so she could be more...
Views: 448   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 15, 2009 9:03am
by Tommee
Blues de Chicago
I can't find the lyrics on the internet of this beautifull Nathan Abshire song. My frenh is not that good that I can hear what he is singing. Anyone of your braves knows the words?
Views: 427   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 15, 2009 7:14am
by Marc
Most Excellent Jam at Gene Losey's
Hi Gene, Just wanted to make a public proclamation to thank you for inviting all of us into your beautiful home for a most excellent jam. I'm not sure that I'd let that many musicians into my house at one time Just kidding! Thanks again, --Big
Views: 460   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 4:44pm
by Gene Losey
Accordion - Helin
www.accordion-helin.com
Views: 611   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 2:46pm
by randy4u
j
JohnA
Cajun Banjo?
A good friend is an avid banjo player. I've been getting him turned onto the cajun music - he especially likes Amede Ardoin. I don't hear anything about banjos in cajun music. Is that something that happens? It seems that banjo and accordion would work well tog...
Views: 703   Replies: 34
Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 2:36pm
by randy4u
Cajun Jam this Friday in Scott, LA
Ok, its official. We will have a cajun jam this Friday at 6pm, and every Friday after that (if this thing can pick up some steam). The Friday jams will be held at 6pm at the Begnaud House, Scott, LA's Welcome & Heritage Center 337-269-5155. The address is 110 B...
Views: 606   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 12:08pm
by Jon Melancon
4 hrs left on Martin for sale on ebay
Bid Bid Bid you only have 4hrs left to buy a top of the line M A R T I N accordion being offered by me on ebay. My reserve price has been met so its open season for the remainder of the time left. Dont be left out get your bid in now.
Views: 624   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 11:59am
by Jon Melancon
L'anse Grise Pics
For those who asked for more pics of Bryan's latest, Dowell posted them at the end of my 12/11 post, thanks.
Views: 520   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 9:33am
by Paul Hisson
Name that tune...
This song has been in my head for a week, or so, and I can't remember the name, or the lyrics. I think it is a Robert Bertrand tune, but not sure. Who can name it? My money is on Dupuy. See link #2.
Views: 597   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 13, 2009 1:41pm
by randy4u
the big 3?
so what are the "big 3" accordion makers? falcon martin savoy any other nominees for 'top tier'? larry miller made a lot but his seem to be considered 'good for the money' rather than 'best at any price'.. ? the late dick richard and point noir? he di...
Views: 1280   Replies: 33
Last Post: Dec 13, 2009 5:08am
by glenn
Study materials for learning the French/Cajun language?
Hello all! For the past few years, we've been traveling to LA to attend the Balfa heritage sessions. My better half, Liz, really enjoys the French Immersion culture class, in which all participants are required to speak only the French/Cajun language. (Sh...
Views: 469   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 11, 2009 9:06pm
by James Todd
Reno Waltz
I made this little video a while back and thought I'd share it here. Le Piquant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcB_Vzfozl4
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2009 6:35pm
by Le Piquant
Bon Cajun Bb "Dedicated to Eddie LeJeune" for sale
Saw this Bb on ebay (see link #1). It says "Dedicated to Eddie LeJeune" on the front. And for those who don't know Eddie was an amazing accordion player, vocalist and son of Iry LeJeune.
Views: 431   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2009 10:30am
by Jon Melancon
Reedblock wood experimenting?
I wonder if anyone has ever tried to make their reed blocks out of rosewood, or any kind of tone wood that is commonly used for stringed instruments. I have always been curious as to how much the reed blocks play a role in the over all sound of the accordion.
Views: 557   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 10, 2009 8:31pm
by Andy
Report from Indianapolis
Just back from a little trip to Indianapolis to deliver L'anse Grise #4 for a reluctant formal adoption, and visiting with Chuck from Indy and his wife and friends. While there we went to a couple house jams, made one trip to a radio station, and played what I gue...
Views: 739   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2009 5:53am
by Bryan Lafleur
More Pee Wee Broussard
Links #2 and 3, some more Pee Wee Broussard with Lee Man Prejean. Johnny Can't Dance and La Valse A Tolam, also highlighting some smooth dance moves by Peewee on Tolam.
Views: 554   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 10, 2009 5:33am
by Bryan Lafleur
my new accordion
Stopped by Jr Martins shop today and got to hold the base plates of my new baby. Its number 5 in a series of 13 being put together. Birds eye maple with clear finish. Cant wait to play it sometime in early Jan is the target date.
Views: 533   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 9, 2009 10:01pm
by randy4u
what's this googling thing ?
Hi y'all, Q: what is this google group-thing about? As our partly pleasant now-a-dayz-world seems to become more and more googled up, it seems now to infect another holy ground. This one seems commercial, or meant to lure clients to a pretty commercial site: http://g...
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2009 4:23pm
by JB
j
JohnA
Qualitative Differences
I'm back home from the ship and have finally gotten a chance to play the new Acadian. Wow, what a difference. I've never had the opportunity to see first hand the difference between a cheap beater and a finely crafted instrument. It's simply astounding. I had...
Views: 521   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 8, 2009 5:14pm
by Patrick O
English words to Acadie
Can anyone tell me the english words to the song Acadie sung by Hadley Castille? I love the tune and would like to know what the song is about. Thanks
Views: 428   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 8, 2009 2:37pm
by randy4u
a
aaron
Check it out please help
A friend of mine asked me if I could find out who wrote and published these songs listed below, any help would be thankful. I know the writers of some of these songs i just need to know who published them. 1. Hack A Moreau (joe bonsall) 2. Let the meatball roll...
Views: 537   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 8, 2009 11:45am
by aaron
Beautiful rehaul by Jr. Martin!
A couple Augusta's ago, my bellows frames got destroyed by someone (won't say who!).... but God bless Mr. Martin. He made me some new frames, also with new and much better inlay and new bellows. Thank God... I was also getting sick of the mustard colored sec...
Views: 485   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 8, 2009 3:09am
by Peer
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!