Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
WF
RVdC - Ganey Arsement and the LakeSide Gamblers
Ganey Arsement and the LakeSide Gamblers on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Heritage Waltz Song: Les veuves de la coulee Enjoy! WF
Views: 553   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 7, 2009 4:05pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
Kaplan Waltz; Nathan & Dewey's version
Can anyone provide the lyrics for Nathan Abshire and Dewey Balfa's version of the Kaplan Waltz? The one that's on the Best of Nathan Abshire CD. Thanks.
Views: 611   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 7, 2009 2:51pm
by randy4u
Instructional DVDs
Hi, I live in England and have been playing a 3-row Castagnari diatonic accordion (we call them melodeons in England) for about twelve years, playing British and European folk dance tunes with a few Quebecois and conjunto tunes for a bit of variety. I tried a few...
Views: 414   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 5, 2009 6:31pm
by Bob Ellis
Tour of South Louisiana Towns--in the Key of C!...Churchpoint, Mamou, Lacassine
The talk a little while back concerning push key songs got me to thinking I should post more tunes in the push key. That's the reason for all the stuff I put up in the last couple of days. My advice to anyone learning is to not get stuck in the G key rut! It will...
Views: 635   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 5, 2009 5:05pm
by Jamey Hall
j
JohnA
Homage au Passe
Although my taste runs to purely acoustic music, the Pine Leaf Boys "Homage au Passe" is an album I really enjoy. I've been trying to play-along somewhat with the album, but there are a whole bunch of songs that just don't seem to fit on my "C" accordion. Are the...
Views: 357   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 4, 2009 11:17pm
by Ganey Arsement
Grammy Nominations
Here are the Grammy Nominations for this year. They look a lot like last year...and the year before. •Alligator Purse, Beausoleil Avec Michael Doucet •Lay Your Burden Down, Buckwheat Zydeco •Stripped Down, The Magnolia Sisters •Li...
Views: 480   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 4, 2009 3:41pm
by Paul Hisson
s
smeche
New video on youtube
Just posted a video of the creole stomp kind of basic but a work in progress. go to link 1
Views: 632   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 4, 2009 2:19pm
by Paul Hisson
Mom I am still your little boy
I am playing "Hey Mom, J'ai Tourjour Ton Te Garcon on a C accordion and need help with the chord changes on the guitar. Le Piquant
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 4, 2009 8:22am
by Le Piquant
j
John
Cost of used boxes
I know I don't usually start threads on this board but with the flurry of used boxes coming on the market lately and the absurd prices that they're going for, I just had to. What is it in particular that determines the re-sale value of a used accordion? For exampl...
Views: 625   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 4, 2009 4:29am
by glenn
For those of you interested in an excellent condition vintage box...
Website Link #1 or: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Row-Parisfal-Button-Accordion-Melodeon-Diatonic-Mint_W0QQitemZ180436890675 I am not the seller. I just saw it and thought one of you guys that likes the vintage stuff might be interested. I'd buy it myself, but I al...
Views: 568   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 3, 2009 1:15pm
by Capt. Everett
cajun groove
Yesterday during a rehearsel we wonder why cajun music has a "completely" different groove than other music from the USA. Is it something special from LA ? We think to know some reasons, but maybe some braves know exactly how it is ?
Views: 687   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 3, 2009 8:22am
by Peer
Help with U tube
Anytime that i try to watch a video, it starts and pauses every so often. what if any solutions or suggestions would greatly enhance my viewing pleasure. Sorry to bother this forum, but I really need help....thanks
Views: 416   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 3, 2009 6:26am
by bryan lafleur
j
JB
O.T. Band of Brothers
On Thanksgiving day, the 'Spike' TV network had the 'Band of Brothers' series on all day, and since I had never seen it, I decided to watch the whole thing. The episode 'Bastogne' was told from the perspective of Eugene Roe, the Easy Company medic and a Cajun from...
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2009 7:48pm
by neal
j
Joey G
Leland Colligan accordion on CL
anyone on here selling this? see link
Views: 633   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 2, 2009 2:03pm
by randy4u
a
aaron
songs
does anyone know who wrote and published the song called "let the meatball roll" and the hix wagon wheel special?
Views: 433   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 1, 2009 9:55am
by Le Piquant
Jerry and Harry
I posted the video of me playing last summer for the jam at Marc Savoy. I played "Les Flames d'Enfer" at the end of the song the gentleman to my right told me "I recorded that song with Austin Pitre in 1959." I could not believe that had such an opportunity,I just le...
Views: 576   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 30, 2009 1:55pm
by Marc
y
Yves
metal (treble) button for Cajun accordion
Last weekend I lost a (metal) button on the treble side of my Cajun accordion. Anybody knows where they sell those things? Thanks a lot! Yves
Views: 452   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 30, 2009 2:20am
by Jim Pettijohn
Lady of Fame?
Accidentally came across this great picture: Q: is this the same Grand Lady of Cajun url-sited here? http://annsavoy.com/ - Nout
Views: 419   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2009 3:01pm
by fiddler2007
d
Darryl
Garageband Recording Project
After talking about it for the last 4 years our Band is venturing into a CD project using Garageband . Some time back I converted a large separate room in our house to a recording/rehearsal studio and it's proving very successful. The project has only just sta...
Views: 423   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 29, 2009 10:05am
by roger w
Financial Saving Tips
» Make sure you have three account in your life this could in your bank or in your mind. One account for daily expenditure, 2nd one for future and 3rd one for emergencies. » Do not buy things that you cannot afford. » Start a long term savings plan w...
Views: 400   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 29, 2009 9:50am
by Jamey Hall
Happy Thanksgiving!
Turkey and dancing last night; Turkey and family today. Then I try to sneak off while everybody's snoozing to practice accordion. One of the many things I'm thankful for is this Bravenet group, and all the kind, funny, smart, talented, and helpful people I've met...
Views: 407   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 29, 2009 3:57am
by fiddler2007
WF
RVdC - Lisa Trahan and L'Esprit Cajun
Lisa Trahan and L'Esprit Cajun on Rendez-vous des Cajuns. Song: Midnight Playboy Special Song: La Valse de Meche Enjoy! WF
Views: 482   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2009 5:15am
by Meloderon
video slowdowner: Media Player Classic
Hi - Maybe helpful: regularly there are some questions on slowdowning video's - just discovered that the free Media Player Classic can do it at half speed, and even 1/4th speed. Alas the audio is also pitched down then too accordingly. Download here: http://www.f...
Views: 368   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2009 3:44am
by Peer
d
Darryl
T-Fer Suppliers
Got a friend here in Australia who wants a genuine Cajun Tempered Steel T-fer...she plays in a small ensemble and wants to venture more into Cajun music...and the only t-fers she can locate here are el-cheapo 'toy department' types or orchestral types that are simply...
Views: 546   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 27, 2009 8:53pm
by Brad
Button spring tension
Is it common to want higher tension in your buttons after you've played for a while? I have two accordions, a Martin D and an Acacian C. At first the spring tension in the Martin was so tight that I adjusted the springs down, though not as "buttery" as the Acadian....
Views: 548   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 27, 2009 12:27pm
by Jon Melancon
Ouragans Sus Les Bayous - sideliner
A sideliner post: some background information maybe not so well known for all you Cajun music aficionado's living in the rest of the world, and especially outside South Louisiana. ... see link #3 for more, or: - http://www.youtube.com/user/affairescadiennes...
Views: 406   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 27, 2009 12:00am
by Christian
That maudit base side
I was beginning to think I had finally gotten pretty comfortable with the base side, it was starting to feel good. But after watching my youtube video of me playing Cypress Inn Special, I was so disgusted I went and tried it again, and I just can't keep the base goi...
Views: 639   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 25, 2009 1:02pm
by JohnA
b
Brian
diggy liggy lo
I need to learn diggy liggy lo for an upcoming trip to Branson I will be taking, I have looked for a video on you tube for it, but only found doug kershaw's version. He just does the fiddle, I need to learn to play it on accordion and can't really put anything togeth...
Views: 1005   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 25, 2009 12:04pm
by randy4u
Buttons Box goes for a steal
Someone got a great deal on buttonsbox
Views: 478   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2009 2:33pm
by randy4u
Meldeon in A - suggestions/advice welcomed
Hi I am on the lookout for a melodeon pitched in A. I have seen just one here in Ireland and I understand that it was bought from Junior Martin's shop and it was the only melodeon in the shop that wasn't a Martin. I also understand that the particular maker in que...
Views: 508   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 23, 2009 5:36pm
by IrishMelodeon
Larry English / Bob Kwasha Atlanta?
Hi Guys, Say, we're in Atlanta for a while. Any gigs? Any jams? Happy holidays to y'all! --Big Nick
Views: 396   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2009 3:51pm
by larry english
j
Joey G
OT: Check this guy out
He just needs a cajun box and he'd be golden. Link 1
Views: 671   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 23, 2009 8:52am
by Le Piquant
g
glenn
Zydeco songs on a D box, A box and G box
Any suggestions? Zydeco on an A box ? Zydeco on a D box ? Zydeco on a G box ? Thanks.. Glenn
Views: 467   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 22, 2009 7:59am
by kirk jones
Wayne Toups BC
See link two for some incredible Wayne Toups BC (before...well...you know) footage. These were the defining moments. Following the footsteps of "Mawmaw" Theriot, Toups was poised to set the world on fire.
Views: 529   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2009 9:02am
by David # 3
f
Fabac
Balfa Heritage Week
Would like some suggestions for Heritage Week events. "Practicing" for 6 mos.; no prior music experience, and at 67 youth is not on my side (I need all the help I can get, that's why I'm going) but enthusiasm is high. Learned most tunes from Big Nick and Dirk 1 & 2,...
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 21, 2009 7:04am
by Fabac
jerry moody aka jesse lege
Hey man just wondering how your jam sessions are going down there how are they doing any big turnouts lately?
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 20, 2009 5:34pm
by Le Piquant
TEST
test
Views: 429   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 20, 2009 11:21am
by Paul Hisson
FS: Martin accordion in C, relisted on ebay...
Put the Martin up on ebay again, see link #1.
Views: 600   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 19, 2009 1:10pm
by randy4u
r
Ron A.
Rufus Thibodeaux with Neil Young and Waylon Jennings
Here's a cool youtube of Rufus Thibodeaux playing fiddle with Neil Young and Waylon Jennings. You can even hear Neil Young say "all right, Rufus" to cue in his solo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H0VaY1EdrI
Views: 591   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 18, 2009 6:04pm
by Toby
Links cajun lyric sites?
What are some links to some sites that provide cajun music lyrics. I had a real good one bookmarked awhile back but lost it when my hard drive crashed about 6 months ago, and haven't been able to find it via search engines. (I've got carbonite now!)
Views: 435   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 18, 2009 2:09pm
by Paul Hisson
Pardon Waltz lyrics?
Can anyone provide me with the lyrics to Belton Richard's version of the Pardon Waltz?
Views: 411   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2009 10:22am
by Marc
English Concertina - nice one
Press this lady's buttons - This animated version of the English concertina should be a great help for Cajun accordion starters when converted ....... - every tuning available, and push - pull with the mouse? - who's going to program it? Link#3 or: http://www.i...
Views: 467   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 18, 2009 8:23am
by Peer
j
JB
Cherokee Waltz
Can anyone give me a lead on any currently available CD's that contain the Cherokee Waltz? If it has an accordion part, so much the better. Thanks, JB
Views: 569   Replies: 16
Last Post: Nov 18, 2009 8:08am
by Peer
Views: 451   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 17, 2009 9:56pm
by Jon Melancon
Zydeco Songs, for 10 Button C Accordion
Hello Group, Any suggestions for Zydeco/Accordion Songs specifically in C, for my 10 Button Box? Appreciate any suggestions!
Views: 743   Replies: 45
Last Post: Nov 17, 2009 8:08pm
by Richard Beaulieu
Video burning help
Last year I met some nice folks from France and the made a video of the jam at Marc Savoy's while I was playing and sent me a copy, problem is all I can do is play it. I can't make copies nor will it work on Windows Media. It will work on a differnt system. If any on...
Views: 372   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 17, 2009 5:55pm
by Le Piquant
Louisiana Swine Festival
Just home from the swine festival in Basile,La. Not a bad weekend at all. Plenty of boudin,cracklin,pork roast,and pork BBQ. Music was not bad either. Dustin Ray and Geno Delafose yesterday, T-Sale and Wayne Toups today. And the Miller Lights were good and cold.
Views: 452   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 17, 2009 1:46am
by fiddler2007
Mamou Mardi Gras
Hey,I've never been to the Mamou Mardi Gras,Does anyone know what day it is next year,or what all goes on.Bryan L or Mr Dowell,can I come by your shop and jam.Who all is going?
Views: 539   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 16, 2009 7:26pm
by KarlS
y
Yves
Seagram 7
Hi brave bravers, Anyone knows where Robert Jardell & Geno Thibodeaux were refering to in the song "Seagram 7, Here We Go Again" which is on the other side of "No Salt In The Beans" (a wonderful 2-sider on Goldband 45rpm). Would it be the whiskey & 7-up mix? Or is...
Views: 552   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 16, 2009 3:42pm
by Jon Melancon
Horner ariette for sale in lake charles...$300
not mine, just heard it was for sale. 337-528-6440
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 16, 2009 1:41pm
by Jim Pepperjohn
I'm Drawing a Blank...
Does anyone know who recorded "Mom, she'll never replace you?" I'm pretty sure it was Albert Miller who sang it.
Views: 418   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 16, 2009 12:03pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
Aha, here's finally the definition of Cajun Music, by the Smithsonian Scientists themselves !
More of us old hippies were involved playing cajun music in the 70-ies and 80-ies: link#3; http://www.folkways.si.edu/TrackDetails.aspx?itemid=5862 And here's the bonus: if you read the keywords on this page, you'll really know what Cajun songs are all about:...
Views: 451   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 15, 2009 2:25pm
by randy4u
Louisiana women
Keep cool guys! It's just history. A book I'm going to order soon. http://www.amazon.com/Louisiana-Women-Their-Lives-Times/dp/product-description/0820329460 Has anyone read it yet? (One chapter is about Cleoma Breaux. But the whole book sounds really interestin...
Views: 556   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 15, 2009 2:02pm
by Le Piquant
Looking for Bb or A accordion
Before I jump feet first and order another new accordion, my boss suggested that I put out some feelers for a good deal on a used one. Brand is not as important as playability and sound. Anything out there?
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2009 1:12pm
by Ganey Arsement
t
tidam
looking for lyrics to rockin' sidney's "Witty Taltz"
This song appeared on his unbelievably hard to find "Joy to the South" LP...the blue one (excuse the pun)Bally Hoo Records #BH-2001.
Views: 383   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2009 3:07pm
by tidam
j
JohnA
Music Recommendations
Hey all, The accordion learning is going passably well - though it's definitely in the "learning" rather than "playing" category. My cajun music collection is somewhat limited so far, but from what I have, it's been the old school, old style music is that talks...
Views: 577   Replies: 24
Last Post: Nov 13, 2009 1:21pm
by randy4u
Public Domain Songs
Does anyone know if Le Valse De Grand Chemin by Iry Lejeune is Public Domain. Also does anyone have a list of the songs that are now Public Domain? Or how do you find this out. Thanks Etlintoq Muin Bernie
Views: 516   Replies: 15
Last Post: Nov 13, 2009 5:43am
by fiddler2007
In the Pines
I was listening to KBON the other day and I heard a song that was a bluegrass song that had been converted to a cajun song with accordion and cajun and english lyrics. The name of the song was "In the Pines" , does anyone know who made this song?
Views: 534   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 13, 2009 2:50am
by Yves
Married to one, In love with another (Lyrics)
Anyone have these lyrics? Kinda the opposite of "Me for you and you for me"
Views: 443   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 12, 2009 6:41pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
Sonet LP's Pitre & Balfa's
Just found 2 mint condition LP's on the attic i probably bought new in the 70-ies ... Sonet SNTF 815 Austin Pitre, Back to the Bayou, Sonet SNTF 813 Balfa Brothers Orchestra Recordings of musical value or too common? Anybody interested? - Nout
Views: 491   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 12, 2009 6:39pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
DL Menard
I posted a video on youtube last night that I made last week of DL and I so if you want to see it here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJk4E5d_dgw Le Piquant
Views: 501   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 11, 2009 7:52pm
by Kurt Magnuson
g
Gene
Info appreciated for Gabenelli Cajun Accordion for begginer
I would appreciate feedback/recommendtions for a begginer who is interested in learning to play a Cajun accordion in the key of "C". Does anyone have information on the Gabbenelli Cajun model recently listed on eBay for just under $700? I refuse to purchase a cheap C...
Views: 847   Replies: 40
Last Post: Nov 11, 2009 5:33pm
by Paul Hisson
Forex Latest Update
Forex Currency Rates, Forex News, Forex Currency Converter, US Dollar Rates, Analysis, Forex Trading, Forex Money Management, currency. http://www.forextraderclubs.com
Views: 369   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 11, 2009 4:28pm
by blue norther ste...
Wasn't Cajun but it was there.
Went to Baton Rouge tonight to see Darrell Scott, recommended by Yvette Landry. Then towards the end of the performance he brought Yvette, Anya Burgess, Christy Guillory and 3 other ladies all with their instruments. It was really cool to see them out of their normal...
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2009 12:59am
by Le Piquant
Two Steppin Tonight
Taking off for Baton Rouge to dance to Chris Miller and Bayou Roots, me Iam gonna have some fun yea! Le Piquant
Views: 429   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 10, 2009 12:30am
by chris miller
j
JohnA
Anyone near Shreveport
I'll be visiting my family in Shreveport the week before Christmas. Is there anyone reasonably near Shreveport who might be willing to give me a little time and show me some technique? I had hoped to be able to drive down and meet Marc and crew, but I don't see b...
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2009 5:51pm
by JohnA
"Tight" vs "Stiff" bellows - howdo you 'break in" your bellows
I've noticed for a long time that my D Martin is harder to work than my C Acadien. I'm starting to think it's because the bellows are stiff - not tight. Both accordions are "tight", i.e., they don't leak any air. Does this make sense? What do you do about it?...
Views: 653   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 9, 2009 5:36pm
by Paul Hisson
She's definitely all Black, Hot & Bluesy - now for the key-question .....
Hi y'all, -1) Ma Negresse as performed here by Tha Man himself, and that even with a suberb band to boot that pumps, bounces and swings the whole yadoodle up to around 9 on the Richter scale: - Now i think they play in F; on a Bb acordion you miss one not...
Views: 818   Replies: 27
Last Post: Nov 9, 2009 5:29pm
by Paul Hisson
Learn Cajun Accordion - DVD 3 - Is finally done!
Hello Braves! Well, the Learn Cajun Accordion DVD 3 is finally done! Volume 3 is "Building Your Repertoire" I sincerely hope it is helpful and received as well as the first volume was Link is here: http://www.bignick.net/BoxLessons/Cajun_Accordion_Vo...
Views: 795   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 8, 2009 6:57pm
by Big Nick
m
Marc
Cleoma's Ghost new CD
Big surprise this morning in my letterbox. Our friend Roger Weiss sent me his new CD with Cleoma's Ghost. 16 good songs in the traditional style. Thank you Roger for this present. Marc.
Views: 422   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 8, 2009 12:52pm
by randy4u
Who was at, are in the Black Pot accordion contest
I was wondering who all from this board was at, are in the contest.Charlie you were there,and I saw Mark.Any body else?
Views: 504   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 7, 2009 6:03pm
by Bryan Lafleur
c
CB
Black Pot Fest and KBON fan appreciation week-end..
I spent some time in Lafayette's Acadian Village where the Black Pot Fest. is being held. I made it there today to behold the accordion contest. There were 14 entries...I missed the first 3 and none were introduced by name to keep the judging fair. I did recognize s...
Views: 428   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 7, 2009 11:53am
by Mark Marcin
Cajun Craze: - first new demos posted - tryout gigs soon ....
Just as the Phoenix does, we rose up from the ashes left behind by the personality trashes & clashes from and with our first line-up's guitar player & singer, and are thus indeed reborn ..... : Ben Sikken on fiddle and vocals, Fred van Hemert on guitar and vocals,...
Views: 444   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 7, 2009 9:47am
by Marc
j
John
Me For You, You For Me
Does anyone have the lyrics to this great tune laying around? I have about 80 percent of it figured out but would prefer if someone with a little better command of French took a shot at it. The link below is to the version on Neal's site. http://npmusic.org/Rob...
Views: 488   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 6, 2009 1:50pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
WF
Slow down music software
This program, similar to The Amazing Slow Downer, is free and slows down your MP3 or CD track. Best Practice http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/bp/#download Here's a direct link to the file: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bestpractice/bestpractice/1.03/bp...
Views: 498   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 6, 2009 12:06pm
by Peer
Don Montoucet
Last year I purchased an old album by Don Montoucet with Hubert Maitre and I am just now getting around to playing it. I am really impressed by Don's accordion playing. I had never heard of him until Kevin Naguin came out with a cd featuring him on the accordion. I m...
Views: 501   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 5, 2009 3:47pm
by Jamey Hall
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 5, 2009 1:12pm
by Bernie David
n
neal
Jesse Lege recordings from the Liberty Theater
Out of the blue, the Liberty Theater in Eunice contacted me and said it would be fine to include some Jesse Lege live performance on my Web site, so here goes at the Website link that goes with this posting. Braves Ganey and Jude play rhythm, with Orsy Vanicor and Ed...
Views: 481   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2009 6:27am
by neal
Le Capitaine Accordion For Sale
I have a new LeCapitaine accordion for sale, made by Mr. Danny Dyson of Big Lake, Louisiana. The accordion has not been keyed and Mr. Dyson will key it, your choice, free of charge. I have spoken to him a couple of times to confirm. This accordion was made for...
Views: 676   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2009 9:10pm
by Firesafety3
k
kirkm
Acadian D for sale
$1800 like new Acadian D. Will supply pics upon request. Please only serious inquiries.
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2009 6:04pm
by kirkm
FS: Martin in C(now with fixed stop and reduced price)
If you take a look at the post below you can find more details about this box. I mannaged to fix the sticky stop using graphite powder. It's stiff but goes up and down and is fully functional. I've decided to lower my asking price to $1,950 inclusive of case. If yo...
Views: 934   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 4, 2009 1:16pm
by randy4u
La Marche de Marriage
I know the lyrics to the Wedding Marche from a version I listened to years ago. However, I just listened to Austin Pitres version and it is quite differnet. So, I am going to need the assistance of our highly talented group to piece this together. Thanks in advance f...
Views: 487   Replies: 16
Last Post: Nov 3, 2009 4:53pm
by Le Piquant
n
neal
That accordion Nathan Abshire's playing in the video
Ray Abshire kindly sent the following note about Nathan's accordion in that video. "Someone told me of a discussion concerning Nathan's accordion in the Sud De La Louisiane film. Nathan was playing on his Sidney Brown "D". One of Sidney's trademarks was the white...
Views: 488   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 2, 2009 4:58pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
lyrics to dying in misery
can anyone please post the correct lyrics to the song dying in misery as recorded and played by nathan abshire? thanks
Views: 462   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 1, 2009 8:18am
by Jon Melancon
New duck, dummy or decoy swimming in the Cajun pond ???
See link#3 or here, http://www.cajunforums.com/. Q what's up, Duck? What's the catch, will it be edible, maybe even palatable? before you know, we'll end up swimming, or maybe drowning, in an over-crowded password-pond: - Nout
Views: 436   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 1, 2009 12:14am
by fiddler2007
lyrics to im lonesome for you
can anyone please post the correct lyrics to the song im lonesome for you as recorded and played by jesse lege thank you
Views: 428   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 31, 2009 8:15pm
by Le Piquant
Lyrics to the gravel road
can anyone please post the correct lyrics to the gravel road as played and recorded by ivy dougas and jackie callier
Views: 428   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 31, 2009 2:52am
by Marc
j
JohnA
New Accordion
The Acadian that I ordered is ready. Tuned in C. Sadly, I'll have to wait until December when I get off the ship to play it. Here's pictures.
Views: 731   Replies: 25
Last Post: Oct 31, 2009 2:09am
by Jim Pepperjohn
c
CB
Lookin' for KennyT
Hey, Kenny T. email me if you are still around. Charlie from Balfa
Views: 275   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 30, 2009 4:54pm
by CB
Jr Martin (C) on Ebay
A Junior Martin for sale on Ebay. See Link#2 http://cgi.ebay.com/Cajun-Accordion-Jr-Martin-key-of-C-brand-new_W0QQitemZ260498666253QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKeyboards_MIDI?hash=item3ca6ee330d
Views: 613   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 30, 2009 2:28pm
by fiddler2007
More about Black Hot and Bluesy
Hi y'all I am the director of the film "Dedans le Sud de la Louisiane" from which the Nathan's clip was taken out. I'm no expert on the keys question (reaching incredibly high levels!) but I can provide some info on how the sound was taken. The recording device wa...
Views: 427   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 30, 2009 2:19pm
by fiddler2007
"G" for sale
No it is not mine. A friend of mine has a Mouton "G" accordoin. It is like new and plays nice. I think he wants about $1200.00 for it if interested let me know. Le Piquant
Views: 488   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 30, 2009 8:22am
by Le Piquant
Allons Dancer Colinda
Any one out there wanting to try to do the lyrics to Adam Hebert's version of the song? I have about 80% of it. Le Piquant
Views: 461   Replies: 20
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 2:21pm
by Le Piquant
Who is going to Black Pot
I was wandering who all is going to Black Pot and when.There is always jamming going on in the camping area.Maybe we could play
Views: 445   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 28, 2009 5:13am
by Joey G
Toby - fiddle strings
This is one of those hotbed issues. No matter what brand you use, some will swear by them and some will swear at them. Generally, I use steel strings, and usually Prims. I've got some perlons on a couple because those particular fiddles sound best with them. I've got...
Views: 484   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 3:43pm
by fiddler2007
Builders of fiddles?
Anyone know anyone who builds good fiddles? Thinking of getting one tunes to E. I have to seek out a builder, because I'm lefty!
Views: 533   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 9:15am
by Jim Pepperjohn
Another way to listen to LA music
iTunes/Radio/Blues/Cajun Fest wireless to Apple Airport Express/home theater system= LA music, including some cajun and zydeco, in 1000w surround sound. Technology is good. Chuck in Indy.
Views: 424   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 5:39am
by Chuck in Indy
Views: 471   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 7:18pm
by fiddler2007
g
glenn
Bristol UK CZ Festival on Youtube
Some great vids of playing and dancing at last week's Bristol UK Cajun Zydeco Festival.. Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZkcHQvIzlc&feature=related
Views: 447   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 6:36pm
by randy4u
w
WF
RVdC - Aaron Chesson and Bayou Heat
Aaron Chesson and Bayou Heat on Rendez-vous des Cajuns Song: 99 Year Waltz Song: Yo Yo Two Step Enjoy! WF
Views: 551   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 4:18pm
by WF
Cajun Strangers
I'm starting to get paranoid with all these Yankee Cajun musicians sounding so good.
Views: 528   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 11:23am
by John Romano
j
JohnA
Newport Waltz
I got the Newport Waltz (Balfa) picked out last night and today. It seems to be very heavy on the draw with the bellows. Am I missing something with the playing of it, or is this a case of air management with the air valve?
Views: 321   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 10:56am
by fiddler2007
d
Don
Tracy Schwarz "Red" CD tuning
I read on this site where a poster mentioned that on the recording AKA known as "The Red One", Tracy Schwarz played a Bb box for all the tunes. I tried playing along with a cassette version using a D accordion one time years back and seem to recall many tunes were i...
Views: 561   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 8:30am
by Big Nick
Liberty Theater Tonight!
The LakeSide Gamblers will make their debut on the Liberty Theater show, tonight. Joining us on guitar will be Jimmy Higginbotham, the son of the late-great Darrell Higginbotham of Sundown Playboys fame. Jimmy is a fantastic singer/songwriter. We will be doing a coup...
Views: 485   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 26, 2009 4:06am
by roger w
want a G box.....
Anyone have a G box they would let go of? Martin/Acadian/Bon Cajun... thanks k
Views: 519   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 8:22pm
by Le Piquant
w
WF
RVdC - Kevin Naquin
Kevin Naquin on Rendez-vous des Cajuns Song: La Belle Catherine Enjoy! WF
Views: 364   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 9:26am
by WF
what is your favorite version/lyrics of J'ai etais au bal?
One of the guys asked me to play J'ai etais au bal and I wanted to find some lyrics that were smooth to sing. Anyone have any favorite versions with great lyrics? thanks k
Views: 614   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 11:53pm
by kirk jones
d
Don
Bought a Gabbanelli to start on and Tracy Schwarz style
Hello All: I bought a used Gabbanelli Cajun King in C for $500.00 to (re)begin studying Cajun traditional music and playing the accordion. The style I want to emulate is the playing of Tracy Schwarz. His recordings are my absolute favorites. If anyone knows any pa...
Views: 573   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 10:44pm
by fiddler2007
t
Tq
Looking for the Mayor of Bayou Pom Pom...
Mayor, if yer not out fishin' would you please drop me a line? ;- ) Tq
Views: 361   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 3:33pm
by fiddler2007
new sites
My new sites, english sites open soon... www.accordion-helin.com
Views: 577   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 3:23pm
by fiddler2007
p
Peer
Some more Irish melodeon and "Cajun"music
Another nice doc about traditional music on the islands in western Ireland (check 'em all!), with an old fella playing a hornpipe on a Cajun accordion and (from minute 11:00 on) Sharon Shannon playing Irish music "Cajun"style, as there are "no rules on Inis Bofinn"....
Views: 389   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 6:51am
by Marc
Moreaux Accordion and DL. Menard
I visited with DL today for two and a half hours. Played La Porte en Arriere with my new to me Bon Temps accordion. I'll see about putting the video on youtube. Le Piquant
Views: 467   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 3:30am
by Meloderon
Views: 522   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 2:53pm
by Peer
Jude Moreau
I am now the owner of a Jude Moreau accordion in the key of "C". I bought it from a women whose husband died shortly after he had it made. Walnut and curley maple and very nicely done. Le Piquant
Views: 452   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 11:12am
by Paul Hisson
a
Andy
Marie Jolie
Is there a song about the Marie Jolie story?
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2009 11:04am
by Paul Hisson
j
JohnA
NorCal Cajuns
Howdy All, I've been lurking for a bit and enjoying the conversations. Thanks to Big Nick for this link. I'm originally from Shreveport and now living near Sacramento, CA. Do we have any cajun music folk in that area with whom I might be able to hook up when...
Views: 431   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 6:48pm
by Tq
My True Love (english lyrics)
Hey,does anyone have the lyrics in English or the phonetic sounds in French.Also, what is the History of the tune. Thanks Patrick
Views: 650   Replies: 22
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 5:13am
by Christian
Crowley fiddle and accordion contest - how'd it come out?
I know Aaron, whom I haven't met, came in 2nd. What are the rest of the results? How'd Cameron Dupuy do?
Views: 537   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 3:59pm
by Jamey Hall
Walter Mouton
Hi Braves, I was just looking over some of my "old" video footage from 2006 Balfa Heritage, of Walter Mouton. Man, can that man play Any Braves familiar with his work? --Big
Views: 630   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 8:49pm
by bryan lafleur
Ganey
Hey man just wondering if (ganey) you had an "E" Accordian or knew someone that does. Thanks.
Views: 478   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 4:25pm
by aaron chesson
FS: Martin in C
I work at a music store and swapped some fiddles for a brand new Martin box that hopefully will fund an Eb box in the future. I've got the reeds and I hope to sell this box to have someone build a box to stick the reeds in. The accordion is brand new, it's been on th...
Views: 639   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 7:05pm
by bryan lafleur
Videos from the liberty
if I knew how to exatract individual songs off of the dvd that i got from the liberty of us playing last night i would gladly post them on here or on youtube but i dont know how to do that. Can anyone out there with experience in this stuff help me out maybe tell me...
Views: 457   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 6:31pm
by randy4u
Aaron Chesson & Bayou Heat
Congratulations to Aaron for his 2nd place finish in the Crowley Rice Festival Accordion contest. And congrats to him and his band for their Liberty Theatre debut tonight. The band sounded great!
Views: 434   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 5:12pm
by neal
Liberty Theater DVD's
Anyone wishing to purchase a DVD of any performance at the Liberty Theater can use the contact information below. FYI...my band the LakeSide Gamblers will be performing next Saturday the 24th. Call Jerry Devillier at (337) 457-4087 or, Send a $26 check or money...
Views: 377   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 2:17pm
by WF
Gene Losey - Jam
Hi Gene! (Hope I spelt yer last name correctly Thanks for hosting the jam this past Sunday in Chicago. It's really nice that the turn out has been consistently good .. nice support in IL. But, I think we should have a new jam rule .. No more "Love Br...
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 8:07am
by Big Nick
Jude Moreau
Jude, send me a e-mail-jerrylmoody@yahoo.com Thanks Le Piquant
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 9:57pm
by Le Piquant
Quality felt for valve spoons of Hohner?
Got some noisy bass spoons on one of my Hohners, when they clap the wood, and am seeking suggestions for good felt that I could cut circles out of. Something that will preferably form easily to the valve holes. thanks
Views: 346   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 10:27am
by Jim Pettijohn
posting video's
I forgot how to do it, so help me out. Le Piquant
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 12:33am
by fiddler2007
Saturday night
playing saturday night at the liberty theatre in eunice, la we are the second band so we go on at 6 45 i think. Every body tune in to listen live if you cant be there!
Views: 472   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 7:04pm
by aaron
a
aaron
roll call for crowley acc contest tomorrow
just wondering who all is going to be attending the contest
Views: 394   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 6:57pm
by John
Views: 512   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 2:47pm
by Jim Pettijohn
w
WF
Blackpot Festival
http://www.blackpotfestival.com/ October 30 & 31 Line up: friday 7:00 - 7:45pm Hadley Castille 8:00 - 8:45pm Tom Michell & Friends 9:00 - 9:45pm Bonsoir Catin 10:00 - 10:45pm Horace Trahan 11:00 - 12:00am Pine Leaf Boys saturday 11:30 -...
Views: 510   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 2:03pm
by randy4u
Hick's Wagon Wheel
I am not sure about this, But I think the original song was recorded in 1958 or earlier by Aldus Roger and The Lafayette Playboys. Aldus Roger on Accordion, Fernice "Man" Abshire on drums, Rodney Miller Steel Guitar Aldus "Popeye" Broussard on Fiddle and Daemus Comea...
Views: 584   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 2:00pm
by randy4u
Problems and solutions
Problem #1: "stiff" fingers. Solution: Jerry Moody advised me to curl my fingers and keep my elbow close in to my body. He said to pretend I was holding a pencil in the first bend of my four fingers. I've been doing this, and it seems like a good thing to do. I'v...
Views: 478   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 10:45am
by Jon Melancon
w
WF
David Simpson's "Cajun and Zydeco Photos"
See http://www.cajunzydecophotos.com/ Enjoy! WF
Views: 544   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 8:47am
by Joey G
Festival Acadiens highlights
1)Getting to see and meet Don Montoucet and Jon Melancon (and figuring out how to pronounce his last name!)on the front porch of the Begnaud house in Scott, and getting to play the Amade 2-Step for Mr. Montoucet, and telling him I learned it from him on a CD while go...
Views: 524   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 7:00am
by kirk
Guitar player wanted - Netherlands
Hi, if you live in Europe, the Netherlands, preferably around The Hague; acoustic traditional band Cajun Craze is now looking for a new guitar player and maybe singer too. We can offer you an acoustic band with two or even three fiddlers at times, accordion, vocals,...
Views: 367   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 11:11am
by Nick B
song
link number 1
Views: 493   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 11:08am
by Nick B
band/jam
Are there no bass players or drummers in the lake charles or surrounding areas that want to play. Getting ready to kick this thing off, well, really wanating to kick it off, but still lacking a drummer and bass player. any interested email me.
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 9:30am
by stewart matte
Learn Cajun Accordion DVD 3: status update
To all or any interested I am approaching the completion of the "Learn Cajun Accordion Volume 3". I thought it may be appropriate to post an update. Volume, two is still in the works. Of course, I would have rather had Volume 2 released before Volum...
Views: 875   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 6:00am
by Big Nick
Looks like a Martin for sale on ebay
Fine looking Martin for sale on ebay link #1
Views: 691   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 12:06pm
by randy4u
Hohner Ariette used on ebay
want one to keep in the car or keep at the camp? well,check ebay i just put one.. if you come to breaux bridge you can come play it !!! key of c
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 11:06pm
by chrispy cajun
3 piece
Ok, as you all know i am real big into preserving the traditional cajun dancehall style cajun music but here lately i have been thinking about doing a majority of three piece music. My question is....where would one book a three piece gig and to actually get people t...
Views: 571   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 9:02pm
by Billy Hammond
Festival Acadian
Danced in the rain with my Honey, played Jimmy Breaux's accordion at the jam tent, right next to Mitch Reed, and David Doucet, met some of the braves, BOUGHT some cd's, jammed with some of the braves, ate some good food, stayed at the Hilton in Lafayette for $40.00 a...
Views: 430   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 7:20pm
by Patrick O
Hey Jamey
Thanks for stopping by yesterday afternoon and jammin' for a little while. I'm sorry we didn't get to play like I would have liked to, but, like I said, some people are mis-informed and think that I'm actually here to work. I worried about you driving all the way b...
Views: 438   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 7:06pm
by Dowell Lafleur
Festivals Acadiens - The Shoes
Well, I returned to Maryland yesterday after a terrific week in Louisiana, including Festivals Acadiens over the weekend. I just "finished" trying to clean my shoes. I kept looking at them, thinking maybe that I should just preserve them with all of that Louisiana...
Views: 615   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 6:05pm
by John
j
Joey G
2009 Crowley Rice Festival
Anyone going? If so, anyone entering the Accordion or fiddle contests?? Dunno if the wifey can hack a whole day (maybe 2) there, but I'd like to make it early Friday and catch Wayne Toups doing a traditional set. I bet that would be pretty sweet. See links for sch...
Views: 474   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 11:54am
by randy4u
Reality check: Posted Myself, and now I need help from the Big Dogs.
Time for another lesson in abject humiliation: I posted 10(!) videos of myself on Youtube, with a couple more coming. Link #1 will get you started on the Chamber of Horrors tour, just in time for Halloween. I guess no beginner ever videos themselves and then thin...
Views: 629   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 10:34am
by Jamey Hall
Festival Acadiens et Creoles Roll Call
Maybe we could get a little roll call going here to see who will be attending and when. I'd like to meet up with of couple of people if possible. We will be most likely attending on Saturday afternoon. We'll try to make it on saturday for the BTJ show on the main sta...
Views: 492   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 10:30am
by Jamey Hall
To: Cory McCauley
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zirondelle1216#p/a/u/0/728BvA2JJYw McCauley breakdown brought to you by Bayou Heat Cajun Band.
Views: 410   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 10:55pm
by aaron chesson
Ed and Bee Deshotel
Does anyone out there ever listen to these two sing? I have an LP and I just finishe listening to it as I down loaded it on my computer. Just a guitar and fiddle with a lot of good songs. I purchased the album last year and it is excellent condition. Le Piquant
Views: 541   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 9:32pm
by Le Piquant
accordion mic
I am looking for an accordion mic. mic,reciever,etc. anyone know of anyone selling one or where i can get a good one?
Views: 420   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 8:13pm
by Rusty
new online publication by accordionist Kristi Guillory (Cajun-Creole Music Spectator)
Hello, For those who haven't seen it, Cajun accordionist/folklorist Kristi Guillory (a Grammy nominee for the new Bonsoir, Catin album) has started a new web-based publication call the Cajun-Creole Music Spectator. Go to link #2 below, or here: http://www.caj...
Views: 638   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 12:45pm
by Jon Melancon
b
BJ
True Blood
Something called 'True Blood' has just started on UK TV,set in 'Bon Temps' La. Before I sit through an hour and twenty minutes of vampire tosh, can anyone tell me if there's any decent music in it? BJ
Views: 579   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 7:49pm
by Steve from Jerse...
My first youtube upload
Just thought I'd share. Our band playing Viens Me Chercher a few weeks ago at Freight and Salvage in Berkeley, California. Link 1
Views: 622   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 11:39am
by Blair Kilpatrick
j
Joey G
Info on Acadian Accordion
Hey guys, I have a question for you all. I was playing on my wife's grandfather's old accordions this weekend and was noticing some differences on his old Acadian. First off, it says Acadian Accordion on the face instead of just Acadian, as most that I've seen say....
Views: 1133   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 12:43am
by Joey G
Butt-Jointed Beauties
http://www.boite-accordeon.com/galeriemelodeons.html
Views: 1126   Replies: 57
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 4:09pm
by fiddler2007
s
Steve
beginner
I'm a Cajun Accordion player want to be. I am very musically inclined with several instruments (guitar, bass, harmonica, banjo, sax... I am looking for my first (single row) button accordion. I'll start with one in the key of C. Any suggestions? Should I consider the...
Views: 821   Replies: 38
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 2:35pm
by Sarah Savoy Gonz...
Rick's a Poppa
For those that hadn't heard, Rick's wife gave birth to his son today. All is apparently well, and in neonatal bliss.
Views: 485   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 2:29pm
by Sarah Savoy Gonz...
I did it, how could I not... 50th Anniversary Acadian
Marc is making only ten 50th Anniversary accordions and I managed to get the 7th on order. Was lucky to check the savoymusiccenter.com website and discover this in time, as I have not looked at the site in a couple years. The accordion costs $2295 It's going to ha...
Views: 682   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 11:47am
by randy4u
Lyrics to "Cinquante Piastres"?
Can anyone here provide the lyrics to "Cinquante Piastres"?
Views: 394   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 10:48pm
by Joey G
k
kirk
anyone interested in trading a g box for a Bb?
I have two Bb boxes and wouldn't mind trying a G box. Anyone game for a trade? It's a Larry Miller Bon Cajun with an internal mic. Oak. k
Views: 443   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 5:21am
by glenn
changing bellows help
I'm looking to change my bellows on an accordion and was wondering if anyone here has ever done so on their own. I'd like to do it myself as well, and would appreciate some info on performing this task. Would also like to know of problems/issues to watch out for...
Views: 467   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 9:39pm
by fiddler2007
High F
Hi, a while back some one asked about a high F; I am thinking of selling mine since i don't really need one right now. It's new, made by Tim Reed, originally from Ville Platte, student of Larry Miller and others. It looks a bit like a Bon Cajun, but is built very li...
Views: 391   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 9:29pm
by fiddler2007
She's pink ! SHE IS PINK !! Ortego in A , for sale too, from BooZoo
Cutie for sale: link #3, or click below ....... http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170390709956&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:nl - Nout
Views: 530   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 9:10pm
by Joey G
Old recordings
Another interesting 4-CD set (2008, JSP Records). Some of the songs are already on other compilations, others on Neal's site. But, out of 100 songs, I have still found a few musicians and a good number of tunes I had never heard before. And a curiosity, some yodel...
Views: 468   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 7:59pm
by Bryan Lafleur
b
Brian
Heads up accordion for sale
Posting this for a guy that posted it on a gun site I visit. He has a LeCapitane accordion, made by Danny Dyson of Big Lake for sale. looks like it was won on a CFMA raffle. he has that it has never been played and doesn't have the reeds in it yet, but Mr Danny has...
Views: 673   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 8:17pm
by Firesafety3
accordion for sale, cheap, cheap
Hohner ariette almost new.I changed the gasket on the key board side, cause, the old one leaked .key of c, looks,smells and feels like any ariette. will ship. $ 150 obo call chris or email 337-371-7082 link one and two for pic's
Views: 543   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 7:13pm
by chrispy cajun
Who's going to Festival Acadiens Oct 9-11 Lafayette
Who all is going to be at the festival,and is any body going to jams(when and were).Maybe we could meet up some time
Views: 536   Replies: 17
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 9:50am
by Jamey Hall
j
JB
Pine Leaf Blues
In the several versions of Pine Leaf Blues, the bass player or drummer or whoever always chimes in with some spoken lines. These spoken verses seem to vary with the band. Nathan Abshires group said one thing, Balfa Brothers said something else, etc. Anyone...
Views: 676   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 7:19am
by Dowell Lafleur
French community radio in Halifax - Listen live!
Hi, our local "Radio communautaire francophone" (French community radio) has a brand new website that is enabled with live web listening. If you want to listen to Acadian, Quebec, other French Canadian and even some Cajun music, log in to: http://www.ckrhfm.ca/ (see...
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 9:11pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
Views: 524   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 6:30pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
Lyrics for Valse du Malchanceux (Unlucky Waltz) please?
Anyone has the lyrics for Valse du Malchanceux? Merci beaucoup. :-)
Views: 566   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 3:34pm
by Jon Melancon
w
WF
OT: Melodyne
New program which is out right now to select individuals for beta testing. It will analyze an entire music performance, every instrument, and create the entire piece out on a computer screen. Watch this guy (Jeff Schmidt, a professional bass player) try out the s...
Views: 392   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 10:41am
by fiddler2007
Views: 420   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 9:02am
by Bryan Lafleur
My version of Valse du Malchanceux for my uncle's funeral
Well, I'm back from New Brunswick attending my uncle's funeral yesterday. He had a great funeral where hundreds showed up to pay their last respects. At the end of the service in church, before they took the casket, I (fiddle) and my brother (guitar) played my own mo...
Views: 489   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 4:13pm
by Peer
Eureka!
Jerry, got ya' it must be him: PS Now how can you play any accordion, let alone a Martin if you're built like that i wonder ... - F
Views: 466   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 3:07am
by Jim Pettijohn
G accordion
Monday night my wife and I made a video of me playing my G accordion with the butt joint corners made by Jr. Martin and posted it on myspace page. Myspace page is listed under moody12b,for those interested go there if not you are probably already going where I would...
Views: 525   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 10:17pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
Old quality fiddles for sale
A few of my old fiddles from my collection are up for sale. They all are located in the Netherlands, set up for fiddle playing with a flatter bridge-arching than for classical playing, new strings, and when needed looked after or properly repaired by a craftsman as w...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 5:42pm
by fiddler2007
bellows designs
You got your plain bellows, with a diamond, and with a crawfish. Wondered if anyone has a unique design they'd like to share by posting a pic or a link to a pic. What ideas do you have for that 'blank canvas'? One of the few designs I've seen that works open and clos...
Views: 499   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 5:47am
by glenn
t
tidam
has anyone tried transcribing other Marion Marcotte tales?
I love them all, gosh. I can't listen often because I make too much of a racket trying to stifle laughs. Le pategau et cousine Pomplette 'ec ses filles. Le charivari et la peteretete, hahaaaaaaaaaaaa. Eeeeeeh petit petit petit petit!!!!!!
Views: 500   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 2:05pm
by tidam
Un Autre Soie Ennuyant
Why does playing the base side not sound right when playing Un Autre Soie Ennuyant( at least not when I try it)? It is a second position song. Doesn't seem to fit the waltz or two step, which is the limit of my knowledge. Sounds like it would be a waltz, but isn't...
Views: 538   Replies: 20
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 1:18pm
by Bryan Lafleur
k
Kirk M
Acadian D
I have a friend who will be putting up his Acadian D for sale in the very near future. He is an elderly gentleman and has asked me to handle selling it for him. If anyone is interested please contact me by email. It was well taken care of. I will be visiting with him...
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 7:12am
by Kirk M
Appropriate content.
Recently I posted a comment about burning cd's and a few expliatives were edited by the administrator. I would like to say that I appreciate that as sometimes I get a little excited. However, I think that if words are going to be controlled so should the pictures tha...
Views: 588   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 9:14pm
by Le Piquant
videos of dove accordions for sale
link two video of cherry dove being played.link 3 a pic of the cherry dove... look at my #2 post for more videos of diffent accordions,,
Views: 727   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 12:02pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
wheres brett
brett thibodeaux, where you at? havent heard from you in awhile. hows the married life buddy? hit me up, we need to play.
Views: 339   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 4:15pm
by stewart matte
j
JB
Another Great Festival at Medina Lake
Well, The Medina Lake Cajun Festival was super. Pretty decent in the weather department. Not as hot as usual. Lots of pretty women and good food. Great in the music department. The Pine Leaf Boys and Kevin Naquin really delivered. I was surprised by the accord...
Views: 314   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 9:19am
by Capt. Everett
Lots around Austin this weekend.
Going to see David Greely tonight at a House concert...Lost Bayou Ramblers at Continental Club tomorrow...Charles Thibodeaux with Chubby Carrier in Fredericksburg tomorrow night as well... What to do!!!!
Views: 388   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 9:16am
by Capt. Everett
Ossun Two Step
If you are playing Ossun on a C box. Is the whole song in G with the A part 1 and 5 chords and the B 1 and 4 chords? Or does the B part modulate to C playing 1 and 5?
Views: 587   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2009 7:30pm
by Cajun Troubadour...
keys and such
Jerry's post about getting a G, and a few topics that mentioned keys have piqued my interest. I am building myself a G with some old Hohner reeds I came across, and am not sure what I'm gonna do with it. We all know C and D are most common in Cajun music, and fig...
Views: 526   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 9:24pm
by David Sousa
very funny cajun comedy site
Kou Kou’s Crazy Cajun Comedy,,,, link one
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 8:23pm
by chrispy cajun
t
Toby
Came across this
Reed accordions
Views: 553   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 26, 2009 8:26am
by Bryan Lafleur
Burning CD's?
For months I have put myself out there as a firm believer in buying the music and supporting the talent out there. Not only is it against the law it is more important to me to be unethical. Pubicly few have commented on this subject and some have sent me e-mails to m...
Views: 627   Replies: 33
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 11:56pm
by Mick O'Foole
Liberty Theatre
We (BHCB) are playing at the liberty theatre in eunice, la on october 17th if any of you braves wanna tune in and listen online that evening. For other dates check the website.
Views: 545   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 9:22pm
by Le Piquant
t
Toby
U want one of Doug's fiddles?
maybe he can deliver it to the Fest in Lafayette! lol
Views: 470   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 2:28pm
by randy4u
Euro Cajun Clip
First time preformance
Views: 409   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 11:54am
by wilfred
Who is the accordion player in this video?
I recognize Michael Doucet as the fiddle player, but wonder who the box player is??? the clip is on Link #2.
Views: 665   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 2:43am
by Joey G
Key of G
I am the proud owner of a Martin accordion (used) in the key of G. Nice! Le Piquant
Views: 506   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 7:38pm
by MarkS
Medina Lake
Looking forward to hearing the Pine Leaf Boys at Medina Lake Cajun Fest this weekend. Is anyone else going to be there??
Views: 337   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 5:57pm
by randy4u
Handmade on Ebay
Just saw a nice looking Bellard accordion on Ebay. Comes with case,mic, and amp. Could be a good deal for someone. Link #1
Views: 624   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 2:22pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
3 Row Players
Who are your favorite 3 row players.. and any recommendations for CD'S, DVD's or youtube. Thanks
Views: 604   Replies: 22
Last Post: Sep 23, 2009 2:29pm
by randy4u
thought of the day
Just wondering why "most" musicians wont "play for the door" any more at bars or dancehalls. I understand they may have "paid their dues" but **** come on I get the drift from some musicians as if they are too good to play for the door....
Views: 722   Replies: 37
Last Post: Sep 22, 2009 1:37am
by fiddler2007
Another youtube clip
This songs is Between Eunice and Opelousas two step the lighting isnt that great but hey, its about the sound not the looks right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcVTg183Njs
Views: 543   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 9:45pm
by aaron chesson
The Boss Cajuns
Does anyone know where the drummer for the boss cajuns Jay Broussard lives or his phone number or who he is playing with now?
Views: 450   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2009 5:54pm
by aaron chesson
c
Claude
Texas blues: Axe du Jour!
Gang, I was thinking of getting one of these cigar boxes guitars as played by the Reverend!. Has anyone played one of theses or currently play one .See Link #1 Any advice? KRAZY KANNUK.
Views: 408   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 20, 2009 12:27am
by Claude
Evangeline Special
Here's one for Ganey and other guitar players on this site. I have been playing Evangeline Special for a while, I can play the entire song as taught by Jimmy Breaux. The problem though is timing with the guitar, is the stumming played the same on this song as with an...
Views: 437   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 9:08pm
by Le Piquant
Views: 716   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 19, 2009 12:10am
by Le Piquant
Youtube clip
well people i finally put it on here a 50 second clip of my band playing the hicks wagon wheel special and ending it with mary had a little lamb. There will be more to come soon this week. Bayou Heat Cajun Band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc5NSnn37O4
Views: 517   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 9:42pm
by Le Piquant
Accordion "Dove" made by Ruffus Foreman?
Hi guys, I saw the post below about this builder in Sunset LA. I wonder if anyone here has tried them? I'd like to know how they would compare to the usual Bon Cajun, Martin Jr, or Acadians etc. in terms of craftmanship and sound quality? I know he uses Italian reeds...
Views: 588   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 5:34pm
by Rick Reid
Lyrics Quelle Etoile
I'm searching for the lyrics of Quelle Etoile ? Can some body help me ?
Views: 569   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 4:49pm
by Claude M
For Geezrmike
Just curious did the tabs I sent you for Jambalaya help you learn the song???? Let us know as I think tabs work but others dont.
Views: 387   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 2:10pm
by aaron chesson
t
tidam
Aldus and Bernice Roger and le taureau du coteau
I remember reading an interview with Aldus Roger and his wife once where she was saying as a child she used to play the game "le taureau du coteau", or maybe she was saying that Aldus was "king of the hill" in his heyday, I forget it's been so long. In that interview...
Views: 503   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 12:29pm
by Le Piquant
Question for Jude Moreau (or anyone else who knows his material)
I'm looking for lyrics of Lovebridge Waltz. Thanks to Jude the Obscure for sharing his version below. Jude Moreau has a different version on his CD. Does anyone have them that they can copy/paste here? Merci!
Views: 514   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 18, 2009 9:46am
by Maz - Acadien du...
Cherokee Waltz by Chris Miller
Hi Chris, reviewed your video on you tube and really liked it. I was hoping you could post the turn to that song. Great job. Le Piquant
Views: 374   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 9:46pm
by Le Piquant
something different
To get our minds off accordions for a moment check out link #1 miss emily is hot and that clock is almost as old as Jesse????
Views: 544   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 6:16pm
by Rick Reid
Lyrics for Lovebridge Waltz - Valse du pont d'amour?
Hi, would anyone have the french lyrics for Lovebridge Waltz? Merci beaucoup!
Views: 923   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 4:02pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
my new dove accordion
check out link one.i will have more pics in a few days.hand made in sunset,la
Views: 607   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 3:59pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
How many accordions DO you need?
The following illustration may provide an answer to the perennial question: "Just how many accordion do I need?" And .. no .. these are NOT mine! --bn
Views: 586   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 17, 2009 2:46pm
by larry english
k
Kirk M
Views: 499   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 5:42pm
by Rick Reid
a
aaron
Convert audio files from video
does anyone know the name of the computer software a person would need in order to convert audio files off of a video to put it on cd?
Views: 391   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 3:00pm
by aaron chesson
The dots for Back Door
Hello Braves! I've been asked for the "dots" (i.e., sheet music/ tabalature) for DL Menard's "Back Door". So, I thought that I'd post it here as well. The video is at: http://www.bignick.net/Video/BackDoor/WholeEnchaladaSolo.wmv And the tablature is a...
Views: 2269   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 9:38am
by Big Nick
Bernie is joining the group
This is a warning Bernie David will be joining the discussion. Le Piquant
Views: 393   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 10:06pm
by bohemian
c
Claude
Papa Falcon's Rice.
it's my birthday! So my wife made some stuffed green pepper for me, -Stuffed with Louisiana rice proper , (send to me courtesy of my buddy Randy Falcon, the box builder) " Fancy Enriched Louisiana rice grown long Grain", best rice I've ever had!. - Ground bee...
Views: 542   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 2:48pm
by Claude
j
JB
Lake Charles Accordion Contest
I was skimming over the CFMA Monthly Newsletter and noticed that a Ms. Liz Kelly from the Golden Triangle Chapter (Groves, Bridge City area) won the Amateur Accordion Contest at the Lake Charles Festival in July. Does anyone have more information on this contest?...
Views: 413   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 1:02pm
by aaron chesson
Playing Cajun accordion by Ear
HI - as teacher i keep getting questions from "beginners" about learning how to play any instrument by ear ( ..= "from the heart".. ) ; i'll try to post occasionally some stuff i can find on this subject. - the most important things to accomplish are described he...
Views: 520   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 10:42am
by Le Piquant
Help a old cajun couple..make sure to look at link one!!!
there is a old man, he is so proud of his 14 babys he bulit, you can see his eye light up when he lets you see them, so proud,! Of the 8 not living at home there are pictures on the wall. Will he be alive to see his 6 last babys leave home?? maby so,if you help and...
Views: 655   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 9:26pm
by chrispy cajun
i,m out
I just wanted to say when i first wanted to play the accordion i found this site and it was a big help my hat is off to big nick.however i posted something that in my eyes was to be proud of.Then i got ridiculed for it.Dont know who you are but i do know you had to s...
Views: 647   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 12:51pm
by bohemian
j
John
Audobon Zoo Cajun Jam Sat. (9/12)
Hey all, I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a Cajun jam at the Audobon Zoo in New Orleans this Saturday from 1-4 PM in the Louisiana Swamp Exhibit. John
Views: 486   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 12, 2009 7:29pm
by wingingit
holy hell charlie got rythem(LOL)
Don't know if anyone remembers my post from a week or so ago but i was the one who could not get a dang rythem i mean i i was trying to learn how to play the accordion and had being working onthat back door song i could play the whole song however it sounded nothing...
Views: 562   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 12, 2009 4:37pm
by bohemian
Texas accordionists
In case you don't know, there are a couple mighty fine Texas Cajun accordionists' CD's you really ought to have in your collection: Jude Moreau and Corey McCauley. They are both fantastic, and so are their CD's. You might have to get ahold of them individually to g...
Views: 461   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 12, 2009 3:08pm
by randy4u
Lyrics Help?
Hi all, Looking for the lyrics to a song I've become enamored with. It's "Oh Bebe" by Oscar Doucet & Alius Soileau - at least that's what it's credited as on a "Cajun Capers" box set I found. I'm always skeptical of compilation sets like this. Anyway, if anyone's...
Views: 376   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 12, 2009 3:03pm
by Martin Richard
new and used accordions for sale c,d,bb
they start at $500 to 1,200 check link 1,2,3 for some pics i didnt get pics of the nicest ones like the cherry,and such. they are made by rufus foreman of sunset,la hand built. he has been tuneing accordions for over 50 years he is 87 years young.he has tuned for all...
Views: 867   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 11:54pm
by chrispy cajun
ok can anyone help
i want to play but bout ready to give this thang away there is something on youtube i want to play but i am new will someone please take the time to show me this i would really appriciate it the link ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcZMwgJaK_please help Thank You
Views: 520   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 10:32pm
by Charlie B.
k
KirkM
Credit Card Warning
BEWARE Braves: Just a few weeks ago I had to cancel my credit card. Seems that someone other than me or my wife had made online charges of $1 then $20 to my Visa. Visa fraud caught it, called us and suggested that we cancel the card. We did. I just received a call...
Views: 518   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 4:25pm
by Le Piquant
k
Kirk M
Amazing
I am totally appalled; see attached website
Views: 589   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 4:24pm
by Le Piquant
Views: 441   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 11, 2009 11:07am
by wilfred
New reeds from Salpa
For those interested Salpa has come out with some new premium handmade reeds for diatonic (Cajun & Quebecious ) accordion. They are reported to be very responsive to air flow using less air to play and excellent sounding. The are available from FRM Enterprises, M...
Views: 726   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 5:40pm
by fiddler2007
Jimmy Breaux on Youtube
A couple of videos of a very young Jimmy Breaux and his someday to be father in law UJ Meaux. Website's 2 and 3.
Views: 745   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 4:53pm
by fiddler2007
sterling accordion's
hey, does anyone know if there are any playable sterling accordion left? and mabby how much there worth for a nice good playing one???
Views: 1218   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 4:13pm
by WF
Slow Cajun Waltz translation?
Marc, or any one can help me with the translation to this song. I can't seem to understand hardly any of the lyrics. The voice is too muffled for me. Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLyMkNf5jPw.
Views: 421   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 9:29am
by Le Piquant
Old German 2-row on Ebay
Old german 2-row on Ebay, link#3. $750 i think is too much for the value as a playable instrument, i've seen more old ones. But might be worth it for a collector, it looks nice and in a fair condition. - Nout
Views: 337   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2009 1:30am
by fiddler2007
Not cajun but just as good
Its not Cajun but will get your heart pumping just the same link #1
Views: 530   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 5:06pm
by lecajun
How to use Audacity on old recordings?
When I select "Change Pitch", the window that comes up has a box for present pitch. I have no idea what to put in there, since the Iry Lejeune and other old recordings aren't on pitch to begin with. Any suggestions?
Views: 496   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 4:25pm
by Peer
j
JB
Cajun Music Doing Well in South Texas
Man alive! In the San Antonio-Austin area, when it rains Cajun Music, it pours. On Sept. 26, the Medina Lake Cajun Festival will feature Kevin Naquin & Ossun Playboys as well as the Pine Leaf Boys. See link # 1 The Same Day, David Greely will conduct a Cajun...
Views: 424   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 3:17pm
by Justin
Accordions for Sale
There is a fellow here locally with two Martin accordions for sale. One is key D, painted black for $800. The other is only a few weeks old, Key of A for $2000. His number is 337-884-2576. I don't know if he will ship, but if anyone is interested, I could probably...
Views: 799   Replies: 20
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 11:21am
by Scott
Hathaway Two-step Example you tube
Here's a no frills, straight-ahead version for anyone interested in the tune Jamey was discussing. Much more can be done with it, but it can be great in this simple-method also.
Views: 521   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 8, 2009 9:43am
by CB
Brett Thibodeaux
Did your friend ever buy a used accordion???
Views: 424   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2009 4:18pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
Bee for "JB"
I caught up reading some of the Bravenet posts...yes, I played Bee on the piano accordion...I just did a short video of a diatonic version adapted from what I played on the piano accordion. It is on link 1.
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2009 2:58pm
by JB
New Video
Just found are great video on youtube. Link #1. Fantastic old pictures of great musicians. Most of the pictures I have never seen before. Watch til the end to see a baby Steve Riley.
Views: 544   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 7, 2009 2:09pm
by randy4u
Bugged by Driving - for Randy
Done a little research for ya': http://www.chiffandfipple.com/kneedriving.html or: and: You could also go to India, albeit for a maybe bluesy & buggy Mumbai holiday on a Blue Monday, but that's for passive players only: http://www.mid...
Views: 412   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2009 2:00pm
by fiddler2007
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!