Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
d
Dwight
For those in the Bay area
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byvBVUrAHg&feature=related I'll reserve further comment.
Views: 465   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 12:59pm
by randy_4_u
s
Saanen
Jeffery Broussard - Europe & Africa
Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys Europe & Africa Tour Details March 20-April 15, 2009 www.jefferybroussard.com Countries included in the tour: o Austria o Italy o Switzerland o Slovenia o France o Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa Jeffery Broussard...
Views: 349   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 11:26am
by Saanen
Wailin`the blues Cajun style
This afternoon I went to an accordion workshop, it was fun, but what makes me realy happy is the Wailin` the blues Cajun style book I bought there. Autographed by Ervin & Sonya Lejeune and Ron Yule. I read about that book on this site, but never expected to run int...
Views: 535   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 10:57am
by wilfred
Jesse Lege' CD
Last Sunday, Jesse Lege' and Joel Savoy played at Glen Echo Park, Maryland. They were great! For some time, Pete Bergeron has been playing songs from a CD with Jesse, Joel, Bobby Michot, and Eric Frey, but there is no mention of the CD on the Valcour Records webs...
Views: 657   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 11:23pm
by dim-dwit
Blair Kilpatrick
I saw a poster tonight saying you were coming to Eunice, LSUE I think, on April 17th, promoting your book. Didn't catch all the details, but I will surely be there. Any other plans while here?
Views: 512   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 9:30pm
by Jude the Obscure
Le Piquant''s cd of the month
A month or so ago I recommended the CD Sacalait, I thought it to be a good CD with good old style playing. Well, today I would recommend Dallas Roy and Andrew Cormier CD titled The Collection, the CD sells for $15.00 and you can get one by mailing a check to Dallas R...
Views: 398   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 8:45pm
by Kurt Magnuson
d
Dwight
Adam Hebert again
So, I'm just wondering how a fiddler goes about writing songs that the accordion can do? Seems he did it extensively. Unless he plays accordion too. Ergonomics are vastly different. It's more than just avoiding flats are sharps.
Views: 528   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 8:24pm
by dim-dwit
Martin Accordions Shop
IF you go to YOU TUBE and type in MARTIN ACCORDIONS on the blank line, two clips of JUNIOR MARTINS family band come up showing the interior of part of his accordion shop.
Views: 681   Replies: 28
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 3:33pm
by Jon Melancon
How many cajun accordions
I wonder how many Cajun Accordions are made in LA after the first one was build there. Is there knowledge about the amount of LA-made accordions. Such like Builder A 4100 Builder B 3334 ... .. ... .. Builder C 11 Just curiou...
Views: 662   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 2:43pm
by bryan lafleur
Hey WF!
I was taking a look at the google map, and I realized that I am not on there. Go ahead and add me to Lake Charles. You should probably promote it a little because there are quite a few newbies. I don't know where most of them are located.
Views: 390   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 11:53am
by WF
Video
For those of you that haven't looked at the link it is Dallas Roy and Andrew Cormier's original version of the Kaplan Waltz with pictures. Le Piquant
Views: 577   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 10:01am
by Elzie Matthews J...
Views: 420   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 6:48am
by Peer
Beau Brown
This Jesse and Anglyn son with Jenny Denton, she is a instructor at LSU. Jesse and his wife have a band called Choupique. Check out link #2. Le Piquant
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 11:15pm
by Le Piquant
Cajun-zydeco events at National Accordion Association Convention in Dallas next week
The schedule for next week's National Accordion Association Convention in Dallas has been finalized. The focus isn't on Cajun-zydeco, but there is a little more now than originally planned. You can go to link #2 to get to their site (which can be a little confusi...
Views: 474   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 10:44pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
b
brodé
looking for a used accordion
Hey, I'm looking to learn the accordion but I'm having trouble finding a used box to start out on. If you have one that you are selling then drop me a line! Thanks
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 9:47pm
by brode
Dear Diary
I've decide to put some videos of my playing up on YouTube. And now I know why it's a good idea. Videotaping myself, and watching it, and letting others watch, is a great motivator to get better. I've been playing for over 8 years. Of that time, I've been apply...
Views: 479   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 7:38pm
by duh-wite
a
AL
Views: 636   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 4:19pm
by fiddler2007
Cajun accordion with 3 sets of middle reeds, and no high set.
Has anyone ever heard of a Louisiana accordion maker using the LMMM setup instead of the usual LMMH setup? What about the European builders? The LMMM setup is quite common for 4 reed piano accordions and triple rows, but not for Cajun style accordions. I have...
Views: 497   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 12:48pm
by Capt. Everett
I did it!
I figured out how to post on you tube. So check out the Kaplan Waltz with Dallas Roy, Andrew Cormier and other notable musicians and friends. Le Piquant
Views: 373   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 12:30pm
by randy_4_u
Name that tune? (Please :-)
Hello Braves, What I have here today is an audio clip of Briggs Brown playing a tune last year at Balfa Heritage week. It was pretty funny .. Steve had to step aside from teaching to take a phone call. Briggs stepped in and sat at the 'teacher's chair' to...
Views: 504   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 8:01am
by big nick
2009 Martin Acccordion Price List
Only 2 available at this time 5 MONTH WAITING LIST FOR NEW ORDERS Jan 1/2009 PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME PRICE LIST $2800...
Views: 471   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 10:47pm
by randy_4_u
For you fiddlers out there....
I've got two really nice fiddles that I'd like to unload to pay for my apprenticeship which starts next month. Both are chinese made instruments by independent luthiers one by Xuantao Wang, and the other by Liuxi. Both are professionally set up with a new sound post,...
Views: 421   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 8:50pm
by buttonbox
cleaning my box?????
what can i use to clean off that grease and oily feeling left on my box from the fingers??? something that will not mess up my paint or change the color?? thanks everyone!!!!!
Views: 400   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 4:28pm
by fiddler2007
Dallas Roy
I received my Dallas Roy CD today and let me say this before I start talking. This is a must have CD. My most favorite verson of the Kaplan Waltz, not to mention La Valse de Samdi Soir and 14 others is all on this CD. I called Dallas today to let him know that it cam...
Views: 526   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 8:30am
by Dutile
youtube uploading
OK, I finally figured out how to make a video on my computer and now I want to up load it on to you tube. How is that done. Le Piquant
Views: 313   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 8:28am
by fiddler2007
my new bon cajun...thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!
check out my new to me bon cajun. its made of holly wood.thanks for all the help in finding one. please tell me what you think???? see link 1,2 and 3
Views: 602   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 7, 2009 8:45pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
La Louisianne Sessions 2009
La Louisianne Sessions Listen to Gerard Dole and his Bayou Serenaders Seven New Songs - Hot'n Spicy Louisiana Style http://gerarddole.free.fr
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2009 4:17pm
by Gerard Dole and ...
Lanse Grise #2 and #3
Links # 2 and 3 for test runs of Lanse Grise accordions #'s 2 and 3. The door to criticism of both accordion and player are open. #2 is a C with no slides. It sounds a lot bigger than my #1, don't know if that's because of no slides, or some other modifications....
Views: 531   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 7, 2009 7:52am
by bryan lafleur
broken accordion help needed
this is pics of my box that we cant name from china. it leaks very bad and dont make the right sounds. so i took it apart to see what i could do.what i need to know is the little yellow strips in the pics or they suposed to be glued closed. see link one and 2. any mo...
Views: 430   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 7, 2009 7:46am
by bryan lafleur
Cedric Watson and Bijou Creole
I expect many already know this, but here it is anyway... **Cedric Watson and Bijou Creole (Cedric is now out on his own…he used to play w/the Pine Leaf Boys) will play at the wonderful annual Folk & Roots Festival sponsored by the Old Town School of Folk Mu...
Views: 428   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2009 10:11pm
by randy_4_u
Singing in cajun french
MY cajun french is terrible.when singing cajun,i might get half the words right,the rest is a kind of french gibberish.How many others do this ,do you have any advice
Views: 523   Replies: 21
Last Post: Mar 6, 2009 3:50pm
by Dwight
check out this beauty in key of c
check out link one.and no, its not for sale any more....i hope....if any one knows Michael Tucker tell him call me. i've emailed him.. hurry hurry..
Views: 650   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 6, 2009 1:39pm
by chris l
Two CA on Ebay
If you go to Ebay.com and search Cajun Accordion, then you find a Bon Cajun(C) and a Foreman(B-flat) Try link#2
Views: 610   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2009 1:21pm
by randy_4_u
My first you tube post
Ok I finally am going to bite the bullet and post a video. I know I am not going to have a band nor did I ever plan to but as most of you on here we do it because we love the music. I started playing 2 years ago had never heard of cajun nor have I ever played any i...
Views: 704   Replies: 23
Last Post: Mar 6, 2009 9:27am
by Dwight
Recap Longhorn Club,Vinton,La.
Just want to say thanks for all who showed up.Had a great time and musicians out the ???,,but the one i want to say GREAT JOB to is,Le Piquant...Jerry you done a fantastic job on the accordion,hope i didn't let you down on the fiddle.Wished i could have met more B...
Views: 313   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 5:48pm
by Le Piquant
Junior Martin Bb Accordion for sale £700
Junior Martin Bb Accordion for sale, well played, but still plays better than ever. Colour Blue £700
Views: 538   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 3:16pm
by tycobbwannabe
c
Chris
Joe's Polka posted
Chris Miller-accordion. Joe Bonsall's "Joe's Polka." Tunes like these were once more common with the Cajun people. It is actually more of a schottiche type of tune, but the Cajun people always called tunes with these characteristics "polkas." They were/are not danced...
Views: 414   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 1:36pm
by randy_4_u
you tube upload
Trying to upload my first you tube movie its only 2:22 in length but its been uploading for half hour already how long does it take to load???
Views: 460   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 1:24pm
by randy_4_u
c
Chris
Posted One-Step a Bashoot LeBlanc
Chris Miller-accordion. Here is the song I featured on the Bayou Roots CD that I learned from the late Mr. Raul LeBlanc, known commonly as "Bashoot." He would play on his front porch by himself and I would stop by to listen and learn. He almost always played by himse...
Views: 410   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 10:58am
by bryan lafleur
r
Ron A.
Why don't folks keep their fingers on the bass buttons?
My understanding (from Suzy Thompson) is that Danny Poullard taught that you should keep your LH pinky and index finger on the bass buttons at all times, that they should never come off those buttons, and that you should be able to feel a little spring tension on tho...
Views: 645   Replies: 19
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 9:03am
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Gabbanelli Cajun King - who has one?
I just talked to Gabbanelli about some details on these boxes. I was assuming that these boxes could be rekeyed fairly easily. I was assuming that the treble reed blocks could be removed and replaced with a turn of the screw, like Hohners. They said no, that t...
Views: 527   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 12:36am
by Chili Bean
Bon Tee from ebay just came in
WOW,What a difference,This is my first LA box after learning on a hohner panther.It's like i've been driving a go kart and now i've got a ferrari.The chains which bound me to earth are unshackled and now i can fly.
Views: 551   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 4, 2009 7:27pm
by chris l
Kajun Klassic Accordions
hi, why is the one one ebay not being bid on?? is it the builer or is this one is abused?? can u change from b flat to c or d??? it is very good looking, i think.. now, i know, RANDY, that martin is the best. but,dat is not the????
Views: 807   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 4, 2009 12:42pm
by randy4u
m
Morty
cajun sound
Hello friends, my playing just doesn't sound cajun. Even with bouncing etc. I am leaving notes behind. Is there common runs to fill in the spaces? I assume so, but I just haven't figured them out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Views: 484   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 4, 2009 7:51am
by Dwight
Pink Dolphin
Hey, has anyone else seen the picture of the PINK BOTTLENOSE DOLPHIN in Louisiana. You can google Pink Bottlenose Dolphin Sighted in Louisiana and the pictures come up. Only in Louisiana................pink jambalaya, lol
Views: 468   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 4, 2009 12:45am
by Yves
Just got a couple of CDs from Floyd's Record Shop
I just received the 1982 Octa Clark & Hector Duhon, the Live "À La Blue Moon" from Lost Bayou Ramblers and one of the last CDs Dewey Balfa recorded. Nice treat from all 3! I definitely recommend the Octa Clark & Hector Duhon to someone looking for the genuin...
Views: 554   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 3, 2009 9:29pm
by Karl
FS: Two Fiddles
Do to some financial things I need to sort out(I'm almost above water again), I need to sell two of my fiddles. Both are very nice Chinese luthier made instruments, not factory made. The first one, which is the lightest color of the two, was made by XuanTao Wang of B...
Views: 460   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 3, 2009 8:59pm
by buttonbox
Lyrics for Valse Criminelle
Hi, I looked in my Ann Savoy bood and Yellow book and couldn't find them. Would anyone have the lyrics for Valse Criminelle? Here's the song at link #1 #2 - second part). I really like that one and decided to add it to my repertoire. Merci!
Views: 554   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 3, 2009 1:26pm
by bryan lafleur
p
Peer
Cajun Company #3
Posted another Cajun Company clip. Featuring: the Cute String Players!! (for Dwight ) One of them(Pauline) produces a nice fiddle solo.
Views: 383   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 3, 2009 1:07pm
by Peer
p
Peer
Sweet little thing...
... but a Beast when it starts roaring. It's my just obtained Bon Cajun accordion!
Views: 603   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 3, 2009 8:41am
by David Bertrand
PLB - Hommage Au Passe' - A must have!
I just received my CD and must say that it is very difficult to pick who has the most talent on this CD. Between Wilson's killer accordion techniques, Courtney's "give you goose bumps" vocals and fiddling, and Drew's vocal resemblence to Belton Richard and Jamie Bea...
Views: 555   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 2, 2009 5:41pm
by Dwight
c
Chris
Views: 548   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 2, 2009 12:35pm
by chris
One year anniversary, more or less
It's a little late, but Link #1 commemorates my one year anniversary of learning to play the CA with a YouTube Laccassine Special. I'm going to try to post a couple more; an update of Amade 2-Step is trying to upload right now - sure takes a long time. Feel fre...
Views: 625   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 2, 2009 8:48am
by Dwight
Seeking lyrics for "ti monde" ?
Hello, does anyone know thr Geno Delaphose lyrics for Ti monde? My books have a different set of lyrics than the ones Geno sings it starts out Oh tit Monde... Thanks Liz nickel
Views: 355   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 10:37pm
by Gene Losey
Views: 477   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 4:14pm
by fiddler2007
d
Dwight
Those crappy eBay boxes
This has been talked about before I'm pretty sure, but, here we go again. So, all those crappy "cajun" boxes on eBay, what is it that makes them crappy? Could there be a market for someone making decent keyboards to attach to them to make them better? Or is...
Views: 624   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 2:01pm
by David Sousa
Dwight
Check your email.
Views: 456   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 9:53am
by Dwight
hey BIG NICK!
Have you crawled back from Louisiana yet? lol those crazy cajuns know how to pass a good time huh!
Views: 464   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 7:49am
by tycobbwannabe
c
Chris
Views: 513   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 2:48am
by Peer
A good memory from my Mardi Gras
Sorry the video is so dark. That's my dad on guitar, I'm on the Cajun accordion (E box) and my young friend, Jack, is on the Piano-Key accordion.
Views: 553   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 1:35am
by Peer
b
BJ
Language question
Who was it said that Britain and America are two countries seperated by a common language? I long ago observed that, while we Limeys say that someone is 'called' whatever their name is, Americans almost always use the word 'named'. Maybe always for all I know. But...
Views: 487   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 4:30pm
by Christian
NEW EBAY LISTING: LARRY MILLER, BON CAJUN, KEY OF C,
THIS is a new listing on EBAY, feb 28th, with carrying case, internal mic
Views: 428   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 2:13pm
by tycobbwannabe
can this song be play on a c box
can it be played with the same buttens on a c??? if not what key is it?? link 1
Views: 536   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 12:41pm
by chris l
Dirk Powell DVD/VHS
I was wondering if any one knows where I could find a Dirk's instructional video. LePiquanr
Views: 348   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 11:36am
by Jamey Hall
r
roger
ton meilleur malheur
does anyone know of the origination of this tune or other bands which might play it? ton meilleur malheur is a sultry fiddle song played by dave trainer and t-sale. the song rocks. anyone know? neal, are you out there?? roger
Views: 557   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 9:43am
by roger
p
Peer
Cajun Company #2
Posted another clip. Link #3.
Views: 556   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 7:51am
by meloderon
3-row Tuning
Anybody know how a GCF three-row 2-reed should be tuned relative to A440? In terms of pitch and cents variance? Or what the theory is for adding tremelo or musette to zydeco?
Views: 387   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 2:20pm
by larry english
pics of the no name box
here it is no name but, i know its cheap junk
Views: 657   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 9:49am
by Capt. Everett
c
Chris
Views: 507   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 6:09am
by Peer
d
Dwight
Lyrics help - Chere Mama Creole
We've got a version of Chere Mama Creole (Mon Chere Bebe Creole) that Balfa Brothers is performing in San Diego a few decades ago. There seem to be many more lyrics than what has already been transcribed for this file on my lyrics site. Anyone feel like helping...
Views: 415   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 9:18pm
by Justin
d
Dwight
HEY RICK!!
Ok bubba, I've pulled your slack for long enough and I'm getting tired. Get back in here and run your mouth.
Views: 447   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 5:53pm
by Justin
Anyone here win the Bon Tee B flat?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160317009970 Just wondering if a Brave bought this accordion.....
Views: 518   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 2:28pm
by Dwight
Ms. Leslie, you rock, thank you!
A while ago I lost a button from an old Acadian - a very rare and unusual metal button. These buttons are much different from what we're used to with handmades, they are more like metal caps of some sort. Anyway, I thought I had found the right thing to replace,...
Views: 469   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 1:27pm
by Dwight
Question for Jamey Hall
Hey Jamey Awhile back I had asked about slowing down you tube and you told me to download newest version of real player did that and now have a collection of videos You then mentioned avs4you I went into their site and there are a bunch of different free downloads w...
Views: 471   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 11:01am
by randy4u
d
dwight
Video taping the masters
Ok, I don't live in Louisiana, and don't get to Augusta anymore, but a bunch of you guys do. What is the possibility of some of you video taping some of the masters, old or young, who are still around and agreeable to doing that. And would let it be uploaded to You...
Views: 475   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 10:57am
by Dwight
d
dwight
Stolen accordion notice.
I'm forwarding this from a friend. Andrew lives in Oakland, CA. Just in case anyone sees or hears anything. On Sun, 2/22/09, Marty Jara wrote: Hi Folks, Andrew Carriere's accordion was stolen from his car last night. We're putting the wo...
Views: 688   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 10:22am
by bohemian
p
Peer
Cajun Company in the Hague
Just posted on YouTube, link #3. Lots of fun (but not of light). Shot in a tiny place in the Hague, Holland.
Views: 476   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 8:32pm
by tyler
r
RPr
Best way to learn French.
I do not speak French but I like Cajun music. I would rally like to understand the words. I know Cajun is not standard French but I am sure knowing it would help. How would you folks go about learning French?
Views: 722   Replies: 31
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 6:32pm
by Peer
k
Karl
Help on 3 row accordions
Question for the Zydeco Braves... What tuning should I look for in a 3 row to best try to learn to play zydeco? I will be visiting out of town and will have access to an accordion sales and service outlet but I have no clue on 3 rows. I am sure the business doe...
Views: 550   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 4:52pm
by telluwhutman
d
Dwight
Free or cheap video editing software?
I can't really afford to upgrade my Sony Vegas Video, so I'm looking for other alternatives. I want to be able to: Generate mpeg-2 or mpeg-4, or avi, or wmv files. Generate slowed down versions with same pitch. Making a dvd is no longer a priority for me, b...
Views: 323   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 4:48pm
by Dwight
Stolen Accordion no2
Them thieves are really busy: A new accordion was stolen during shipment at Chicago airport. This happened Januari 24th 2009. It's brownish red colored, flamed maple woods, key of F, with the name Reed on the flapper-board. Made by Tim Reed of Ville Platte. If you se...
Views: 776   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 9:37am
by fiddler2007
Anyone know how youtube generates video relations?
It's funny, sometimes when I see a "music video" completely unrelated to Cajun accordion music, a bunch of cajun accordion videos pop up in 'related videos'. At first I thought it was because of my looking at Cajun videos, but I noticed this when I wasn't even...
Views: 431   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 24, 2009 9:30pm
by Jim Pettijohn
t
Toby
Mardi Gras
Had a chance to meet Big nick at Pat's last night. Hey Nick! What an awesome night! Mamou Playboys were rockin'. The night went great except for a drunken spectacle and remark at the end hope to make it to Eunice tomorrow Any other Braves made it?
Views: 491   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 24, 2009 6:42pm
by Toby
looking for a starter box in c
hi, i'm chris form breaux bridge. been following this forum for a while. i have a old china box with no name on it. but, it leeks so bad i can only make a squeek are two with it.i'm trying to learn so its got to sound right but it can be ugly, maby a honer 114 so if...
Views: 499   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 11:18pm
by randy4u
c
Chris
Chris Miller and Bayou Roots San Antonio sat. Feb 21
Hermann Sons Hall--St Mary St. See www.bayouroots.com for more details. Come say hello if you come to the dance!
Views: 386   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 11:03pm
by JB
HAPPY MARDI GRAS from SAVOY MUSIC CENTER////BIG NICK
Greetings from Opelousas: Just back from Savoy Music Center where I saw BIG NICK perform an awesome set with his accordion. The boudin and cracklins were as usual fantastic.
Views: 545   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 9:21pm
by randy4u
d
Dwight
Chere Joues Rose - Key?
What key is this song? Am? I'm listening to PLB version, which I like. Like that syrupy feeling you can't get with the box.
Views: 387   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 9:10pm
by randy4u
name the box
can anybody tell me who made the box my dad was playing in this pic.i dont know if this is the box he got from mr BALFA or mr NATHAN ABSHIRE, but i remmber when they played at the old house one of them left a box for him. my aunt who got the two boxs he had cant remm...
Views: 587   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 9:01pm
by randy4u
Best Cajun Band Survey
Hello Friends, I'm new to this Forum but must say that I am really enjoying the conversations. I fine them quit entertaining and even very educational. Anyway I wanted to get people's opinion on the best cajun band out there today..who is rocking and seems t...
Views: 552   Replies: 24
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 7:27pm
by randy4u
Cajun Capers
Have any of you ever heard this set of cd's? From the web site description: "Cajun Capers: Cajun Music 1928-1954 The cultural melting pot of SW Louisiana in the 1920s brought about a combination of music from Africa, France and the native inhabitants that came to...
Views: 412   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 5:20pm
by James Todd
Morelli box
are they any good???
Views: 485   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 5:15pm
by chris l
d
Dwight
another list of jams in LA
http://www.cajunradio.org/cajunjams.html Didn't know this was there. He's looking for people to fill him in on times and contact info on some of them.
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 2:23pm
by Dwight
d
dwight
Toy accordion question
I've got two First Act toy accordions. The bass side fell off of one of them, detached from the bellows. This leaves a "raw" cardboard facing. I've taken another bass side, with attached bellows from another accordion, and I'm going to glue the two bellows togeth...
Views: 551   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 11:07am
by Jon Melancon
les blues du petit chien
For Dwight, and anyone else interested in the lyrics to les blues du petit chien. I asked our lyrics expert, who has much better ears than me, and this is what he came up with. Oh laisse moi être ton p'tit chien Jusqu'à le gros chien vient. Oh laisse...
Views: 517   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 21, 2009 8:50am
by dwight
d
Dwight
check out the photo on my cajun lyrics site
see link 1. I got it from another lyrics site, so I guess I shouldn't leave it up, but it's danged funny.
Views: 538   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 21, 2009 8:44am
by dwight
d
dwight
what dat "plombeau"?
La Jog a Plombeau - I vaguely remember it meaning something like "jug and saddle" or "jug and saddlehorn". It's also a lyric that shows up in "Tout le Deux Pour La Meme".
Views: 444   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 7:20pm
by bryan lafleur
d
Dwight
OT: Don't watch this video
You fishermen out there will either appreciate this, or not. My legs are still twitching uncontrollably, and I only watched a few seconds of it.
Views: 617   Replies: 19
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 4:06pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Jams in the Lafayette and wider area?
I know of the one at Savoy Music Center, Sat. morning. I know of the one at Breaux Bridge, at the coffee shop. I know of the one at Vermillionville, on Sat. Any others? Any other days of the week?
Views: 446   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 3:22pm
by Dwight
Begnaud's Jam
The information for the jam at Begnauds is Saturday from 2pm to 5pm in Scott. The address is 110 Benoit Patin Road, located on the south of I-10 exit 97. Phone number is 337-269-5155. Your welcome. Le Piquant
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 3:20pm
by Dwight
b
Blair
Sheet music for piano accordion inquiry
Hi, I got an inquiry from someone who plays piano accordion and wants to find "sheet music" for Cajun music. Kind of funny, since this was my very first message from a stranger who bought my book a music memoir) off Amazon. Said he was disappointed at firs...
Views: 425   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 2:34pm
by randy4u
d
Dwight
Hey Nick, Sticky notes
Nick, Can we make a list of jams to be a sticky note at the top of the page? Louisiana jams primarily, maybe other far-flung jams too. Dwight
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 11:35am
by Dwight
d
dwight
basic box prices
Ok, currently what the the price from each builder for their "basic" box? People chime in who know. I just heard Mouton was $2300. Marc's site says $2300 I think.
Views: 595   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 11:30am
by bohemian
d
Dwight
Trying to get in touch with Darryl Toepfer, over in Eunice
I don't have his email address and want to touch base with him again. He's a long time internet connection, and finally met him face to face a year ago. If anyone has his contact info, please let me know. I've included one of my email addresses above.
Views: 417   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 9:21am
by dwight
d
Dwight
Lots of Pie, B part
Seems like the B part to L'anse a Paille is just the A part messed around with a bit. That true?
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 8:29pm
by dwight
d
Dwight
Danse a Carre
I can't remember if I posted this here before, but I will again. I get off on this kid, the look on her face, her skill.... http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=4qRhyy1uaKQ
Views: 413   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 5:10pm
by Dwight
d
dwight
Shamrock on its way
I don't see any versions of Shamrock up on YouTube. I'm going to upload one WHENEVER YOUTUBE FIXES WHATEVER IT SCREWED UP. "Performing Maintenance" does not usually happen during prime usage hours. "Fixing a meltdown" does. I have a few more by him, some of...
Views: 486   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 2:44pm
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Miking cheap boxes
yes, I know you guys usually write "micing", but that's too for me. There's a Regal/Harmona at a local store, key of A, supposedly made to Marc Savoy's specs in Germany. These boxes have the infamous standing reeds, which make them more muted. Has anyone m...
Views: 444   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 2:42pm
by Dwight
Accordion and fiddle workshops Thursday, Rhode Island
Last minute Cajun fiddle and accordion Workshops with David Greely and Steve Riley this Thursday, Feb 19, 11-12:30 Barrington, Rhode Island Steve Riley and David Greely are going to be in the Providence area on Thursday, Feb. 19, with some time on their hands....
Views: 389   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 2:07pm
by randy4u
who got the laurel?
ACADIAN LAUREL WOOD sold for buy it now price on ebay 1800
Views: 353   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 1:56pm
by randy4u
chameaux one-step
here's another lyric request.....does anyone know the lyrics to chameaux one step as the lost bayou ramblers do it? thanks alot. roger
Views: 540   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 11:21am
by Chili Bean
d
Dwight
playing fiddle vs accordion
I have found it easier to learn a new song on a fiddle than an accordion. I've heard from other experienced accordionists who feel the same. How about you folks? There's all sorts of ways this can go: o intonation of fiddle vs one button/one sound o leve...
Views: 438   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 7:48am
by Toby
d
dwight
LBR's Rock
Link 3
Views: 446   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 7:10am
by Justin
Hey Big Nick!
I stumbled across your instructional DVD for accordion for sale, but I don't recall you mentioning it here on the board. I'm sure there would be several people interested, so go ahead and do a little promoting! If you all ready did, then I'm assuming the role of Emi...
Views: 490   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 8:41pm
by dwight
An appleal for help...
Is there anybody out there within driving distance of Lake Charles that has a G accordion I could borrow for a couple of days? Email me, please. Ganey
Views: 529   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 4:28pm
by tycobbwannabe
clank, ping, ring or tink-a-tink-a-tink-a?
Hello all, I thought I'd already wrung every possible giggle from Valcour's release of "Christine Balfa Plays the Triangle" until I spied this thoughtful, earnest, critical review of the CD in the Playlist section of Friday's New York Times. My favorite line: "But t...
Views: 375   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 1:48pm
by randy4u
d
Dwight
AAAAANNNNDDDD....I need help naming this one too.
see link 2 Sort of got a race horse/calliope/comedic chase scene motif going on. Thanks in advance.
Views: 492   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 1:26pm
by Dwight
c
Chris
More "Cajun" Piano accordion--or is it?--stirring the pot. Just for fun!
Link 1 or below...you might have to close your eyes to give me a good opinion of how close this sounds to a Cajun accordion. I know that I listen with my eyes at times!
Views: 475   Replies: 22
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 11:58am
by meloderon
Views: 747   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 10:14am
by Capt. Everett
Question about the treble springs
Are there different gauges or resistance levels for the springs used on the treble side of the accordion? I have a Martin and it seems like the button resistance is more than that of just about any other brand. In fact Jr. Martin even mentioned to me that stron...
Views: 454   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 9:55am
by Jon Melancon
slow downer for you-tube
I know we have talked about this before but is there a slow downer that can be installed to slow down youtube posts without having to download the youtube to computer. The slow downers that I have seen work only with a cd or whats downloaded to computer I just want...
Views: 598   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 9:20am
by Dwight
FRUSTRATED IN LA
Okay, so today I am venting and seeking your opinions! I am wondering what is the correct approach here! I have been practicing until my fingers are screaming at me to stop...LOL...however, I am still on the same song! I thought backing up and taking the songs that I...
Views: 671   Replies: 26
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 9:14am
by Jamey Hall
d
dwight
L'anse a Paille
I'm trying to learn this by ear. I tried Marc's version, and it's not working. I tried Danny's version with more luck. I tried Kristi's version, and it seems to be taking off by itself, little that I've done, and even though it seems more complex. Much more bounc...
Views: 433   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 9:20pm
by dwight
Question for Ganey Arsement
Ganey - For some reason I was reading the inside cover of Courtney Granger's CD (Un bal chez Balfa) and happened to run across your name in his Thank You's. He said thanks to Ganey Arsement and Tim Broussard for the use of their instruments. I found it kind of i...
Views: 499   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 8:18pm
by Ganey Arsement
c
Chris
Views: 560   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 6:00pm
by Dwight
d
dwight
Does Morgus like Zydeco?
See how many get that.
Views: 470   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 5:20pm
by Dwight
Blues Harp and Accordions
I was pleasantly surprised to surf upon the wealth of Blues Harp videos on youtube. I never knew what tongue blocking was although I had heard the term used. I was intrigued to discover that it is the technique used to play octaves on the harmonica. So now I am exp...
Views: 496   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 3:33pm
by Jon Melancon
Made in France
My band and CD was reviewed in the online magazine, "Docteur Blues"... link #3. I guess I'll need to schedule that Tour de France now. Laissez les bon lignes rouler! R!CK
Views: 611   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 12:05pm
by Brett Thibodeaux
Female Players
Do any of you gals have any vids up on you tube or anywhere that I can have a look at? Nicole? Leslie? I'd love to see some. Chalane.
Views: 732   Replies: 43
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 12:42am
by Jim Pettijohn
Pine Leaf Boys
Went to the La Poussiere last night in Breaux Bridge caught the PLB. They are getting even better than they were if thats possible. Wilson is so great on that accordion and then they all exchange instruments and dont loose a beat. Cant believe they didnt win the G...
Views: 657   Replies: 22
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 10:58pm
by dwight
Zy****nutz
You take Zydeco, and than you go nuts. A great new band from the Netherlands. Yesterday they did a live preformance on ZydecoZityRadio, also broadcasted on the internet. In case you`ve missed it, check link 3, and hit the replay button. Link 2 takes you to thei...
Views: 512   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 7:55pm
by fiddler2007
c
Chris
I just Posted Bernadette--Creole/Zydeco solo posted on YouTube
Follow Link #2 Hey, this is a very informal unprofessional production, but I thought I might be fun to post a little bit of this style...there's a little singing...stereo-typical repetitious lyric, but it is fun...
Views: 486   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 2:30pm
by Dwight
Scottische on a Cajun?????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE_YMn7dINc&feature=related Like Cajun on a piano???
Views: 437   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 2:30pm
by randy4u
d
dwight
Breaking old songs and regluing
How long does it take others to work up a newer rendition of a song, based on improved playing ability? I'm finding it is pretty hard, since under the stress of playing in front of others, I revert to the ingrained version. I'm looking to break Belizaire Waltz,...
Views: 399   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 8:05am
by meloderon
FS: Ranco Antonio Piano Accordion
I've decided to stick with only button accordions, going from piano accordion and back to a b/c box, or one row confuses me. My loss is your gain. The accordion I am selling is a Ranco Antonio, 41 key, 120 bass, double tone chamber accordion. It has four sets of reed...
Views: 440   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 1:54am
by buttonbox
IRY LEJEUNE POSTERS, BOOKS, & CDS
Hey All, My Cousin Ervin Lejeune came over to BR to see me and brought me some posters, books and CDs to help him sell. If any of you would like to add to your collection and want IRY LEJEUNE posters, pics, book about his life, and/or new digitally mastered CD....
Views: 522   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 10:49pm
by JOey G
Alphe' and Shirley Bergeron
What key accordion did they use for their recordings? It wasn't on a C or D accordion. Le Piquant
Views: 407   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 9:29pm
by Jon Melancon
Views: 522   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 9:17pm
by Rick Reid
La Poussiere Next Satrurday
I called over to La Poussiere to see who was playing next Saturday night, andthey said it was Beuford Galley and the Hilltop Boys. Anybody ever heard of them?
Views: 385   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 6:06pm
by Le Piquant
d
dwight
New (to me) Nathan Abshire cd
Just picked this cd up from Downhome Music today, called: Nathan Abshire - The Great Cajun Accordionist It's an import, yellow cover, and cost $19. However, it was worth it. The sound quality is great. The fiddler with him is Merlin Fontenot, who sounds like he...
Views: 494   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 4:05pm
by Justin
s
Saanen
European Tour coming up for Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys
For all of you in Europe, please come out and enjoy the music of Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys during their upcoming tour to Austria, Czech Republic, Italy, Slovenia, and France. You can check the schedule at the link above. I'll be adding more detail abou...
Views: 378   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 12:58pm
by Le Piquant
c
Chris
Can a piano accordion play cajun music? --watch this and tell me what you think.
Hey everyone. I know this subject comes up from time to time, especially when folks are just getting playing the music. The answers are usually, no--you need a 10 button diatonic to play true Cajun music. Well, I got to thinking a few years ago...both instruments hav...
Views: 597   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 12:11pm
by Klaus
Great Gasket Success!
It ain't rocket surgery. Haha! The insulation strip I mentioned Feb 11 worked just fine. Now that the box is sealed up good I am so unbelievably, incredibly fast!!! (Kind of...)
Views: 408   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 8:40pm
by Chili Bean
d
Dwight
Views: 529   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 7:38pm
by neal
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY YA'LL
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all my fellow squeeze box enthusiasts! Hope you all have a wonderful, enlightened day! ~Christine
Views: 357   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 5:52pm
by dwight
C Song Books
Recommended song books (not a CD) for a C box beginner?
Views: 408   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 2:01pm
by BananaYogi
k
Karl
Board vs Thread again
Big Nick, I was perusing the forum using board format and testing Chili Bean's hypothesis re board vs thread and noticed that the topic Texacans hsa 62 or 65 replies as of yesterday. When I opened it the messages added after at least January are some kind of spam...
Views: 422   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 8:50am
by Christine Guidry...
The most dedicated accordion player I've ever known
makes me feel like I want to excel even more
Views: 485   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 5:18am
by Jim Pettijohn
c
Chris
Posted Lake Charles 2 Step on YouTube
Hello, everyone. Thanks for the kind things you have said about the instructional videos Dwight posted. I hope it helps those who are getting started. At least you can kind of see how I teach. I have had many responses and request for lessons. My regular jobs are...
Views: 565   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 7:52pm
by DP Mandell
Blue Moon
Went to the Blue Moon last night in Lafayette to see some mediocre musicians play. Let see if I can remember their names, oh yea, there was Horace Trahan, Randy Vidrine, with Mitch Reed and Matt Doucet-he is Michael Doucet son. Then the next band that played was a li...
Views: 617   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 1:32pm
by randy4u
If you want to bring Congrès Mondial Acadien in Louisiana in 2014
To add to your support, click on link #2 above and add your name to the list.
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 11:04am
by Maz - Acadien du...
Sticky Buttons Redux
A big thanks to each who weighed in on my "sticky button" problem. A slight loosening of the fingerboard screws did the trick, and all suggestions will be filed away for future reference. If you'd like to see the once-again perfect accordion involved, go to Ed's site...
Views: 375   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 10:37am
by Chuck in Indy
Blue Moon Tonight
Tonight at The Blue Moon, Drew Simon(drummer of the Pine Leaf Boys) is playing with his band Les Veilleurs. I saw him and his band at the Liberty Theater a few months back and he is great on the accordion.
Views: 407   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 10:09am
by Joey G
missing button, any suggestions?
I have a handmade with some pretty unusual metal buttons on the right side. I believe in my mind that these buttons were not put on by the builder. These are some sort of caps for something, I'm guessing... Please, if anyone knows of what these are or how I co...
Views: 474   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 4:09am
by Jim Pettijohn
Survey: Threaded style or board style?
Which way do you view the forum? Threaded or board style? Just curious.... I like board style.
Views: 360   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2009 9:00am
by Jamey Hall
d
dwight
Playing all the fiddle strings
Ok, I'm fairly self taught on the fiddle, and play the upper to strings when in G, and the middle two strings in C, and play one finger chords. I'm trying to start moving across the fingerboard, but don't really know how. Should I practice playing pentatonic scal...
Views: 507   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 12, 2009 8:34am
by dwight
c
Chris
Just posted Crowley 2 Step on YouTube-Hey Rick, this is for you!
We continue or I-10 tour heading east to Crowley. This version is based off my listening to Aldus Roger and Pat Savant and my little known, never-recorded mentor, Raul "Bashoot" LeBlanc. Mr. LeBlanc played the A part a bit differently than I did here. This is closer...
Views: 465   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 10:55pm
by Rick Reid
'Bout them there bellows . . .
Is it more about lifting and dropping them, so that they can fall in or out with gravity, than it is about actually pushing and pulling them? Seems a lot easier and make more sense. I don't notice the up and down movement of the bellows all that much watching the...
Views: 430   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 9:38pm
by Charlie B.
d
dwight
Cobalt River button box
There's a Cobalt River button box that was bought by one member of our accordion community, then sold to another member who is just starting out. This is a lower grade Chinese box I believe. This box seems to lose or break its button springs easily. The original ow...
Views: 375   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 1:49pm
by Dwight
Gasket material
I wonder if anyone has replaced the sheepskin/suede gasket on their Acadian with closed cell neoprene. The thickness of mine seems quite inconsistent and does not provide a good seal. And I also wonder which type the other builders use.... If anyone has inpu...
Views: 435   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 9:47am
by Chili Bean
Gasket story
Does anyone have more input to my gasket thread from Feb 4th? I added more questions. And photos..... I forget that if people are using the forum 'threaded style', new comments (RE: previous subject) do not get top posted. That's why I like the board style layo...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 9:31am
by Chili Bean
Chris Miller requests
Here ya go Chris, if any of these interest you to put on video: Grand Mamou (you knew that one was coming), Grosse Erreur, Chopique 2-step. Feel free to sing! Thanks for your great videos!
Views: 454   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 10:36pm
by dwight
Instructional videos and copyrights.
if a certain triple row accordion player decided to attempt some home-spun zydeco video instruction, does this person need to be concerned about copyrights? Let's say, hypothetically, this person was considering demonstrating songs by Boozoo, Clifton, Beau Jocque, K...
Views: 551   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 7:55pm
by Steve from Jerse...
jam session
i am looking to start a jam session in the Lake Charles area very soon. If you are in the lake charles area,or surrounding areas (brett), feel free to contact me. all instruments and experience levels will be welcomed. I dont know an exact date and time, but looking...
Views: 338   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 5:41pm
by Dwight
SqueezeBox Shootout - Jennings Feb 21
Is anyone is interested in attending or competing? I wasn't able to attend for the last two years, but made the first shootout and it was a very good show. There will be lots of talent here. Link 3 will give details. BT
Views: 526   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 3:52pm
by fiddler2007
video of my busking (street performing) accordion
notice at about 0:58 seconds button number nine's flapper sticks open. I thought for sure I'd busted a spring, just need to do a little more trimmin on the fingerboard hole, prolly.
Views: 543   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 3:24pm
by Jim Pettijohn
Grammy nominations for Cajun & Zydeco tonight?
Tonight is the Grammy's event - Who has been nominated for Cajun/Zydeco category? What's your call?
Views: 704   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 1:43pm
by Steve from Jerse...
j
Jerry
Amazing Grace
About 2 weeks ago someone posted saying they can play Amazing Grace Silent Night Arkansas Traveler and Oh Susannah on the accordion. I do not remmber who is was. Enyone remmber who is was. Jerry
Views: 574   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 1:20pm
by randy4u
March 1st.Long horn club
For those interested,on Mar.1st ,theres an appreciation day for Andrew Cormier,Dallas Roy,and i think Rodney LeJeune.Starts at 12:pm till? Theres going to be a couple bands and i'm sure musicians can set in,don't know all the specs yet.So will keep you posted. Elzie
Views: 422   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 1:10pm
by randy4u
A quick fix for Hohner thumbstrap?
Busking season is rolling around and I prefer to take my C Hohner downtown, rather than my good'ns. I've done a quick fix for another Hohner by screwing the thumbstrap into the edge of the faceplace, but I don't think I want to do that to my C Hohner. The thum...
Views: 427   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 3:24am
by Jim Pettijohn
Ah Ha moments
It's amazing how many videos are out there these days. Wasn't that long ago, there were a couple VCR tapes and that;s it. I've been watching lots of vids and so many of them have a lot to offer, cutting down on that learning curve, giving you some tools that save so...
Views: 583   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 8:43pm
by dwight
Ganey, New Poppa
Congrats to Ganey and family on the arrival of their beautiful baby girl. Best wishes to you buddy.
Views: 533   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 6:30pm
by Gene Losey
b
BJ
Mystery box
A friend of mine bought a 3-row on ebay a while back. ADG. About the size of a Corona. 2 voice (I think). It has a pre-war look, with square edges.White marble effect. There's an illegible fibre/card tag on top and the front of the treble side has "RECORDING KING"...
Views: 482   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 4:55pm
by buttonbox
c
Claude
3 rows Machines!.
Hi, Thanks Dwight for adding the Danny Poullard clips to Youtube. I mean I've heard loads of really good things said over the years about the man and his playing and generosity of spirit, from a multitude of people ranging from Blair, Tom, yourself and others. In...
Views: 541   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 10:31am
by Claude
Octa Clark
Great youtube clips of Mr. Octa Clark. No big show. Just sitting at home playing great music. Just the way I like it. See link #1
Views: 689   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 8:23pm
by Chili Bean
d
Dwight
Le blues du Petit Chien
On the compilation CD "Cajun Music: Fais Do do" Artist: Les Freres Breaux Anyone notice how similar this is to Pine Grove Blues? Wonder if it's played in D? Anyone know the lyrics to that one? I could post the file up on the cajunzydeco-lyrics site in case n...
Views: 455   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 8:09am
by Bryan Lafleur
d
dwight
eddie lejeune redux
Ok, another present for you folks. I've taken that out of sync file and synced it better. I'm uploading that second. The first file will be just the accordion break, synced pretty darned close, AND at half speed. I can see where it will help me. Hope it helps...
Views: 397   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 9:18pm
by dwight
d
Dwight
Guidelines for creating youtube accordion videos
This is a compilation of errors I've made, and things I've seen: 1) Let the accordion almost fill the frame, with a bit of slop to take into account bellows movement. This will mean not showing the face. In my case that's a good thing. Otherwise, the flappers...
Views: 427   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 8:25pm
by dwight
d
Dwight
hot dang diggity dog fiddling
Check out this kid's playing, and the look on her face, and her rhythm, and her intonation. Listen to the end.
Views: 482   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 7:18pm
by dwight
n
neal
LeBlanc, Adams, and the Vermilion Playboys
Rare!LeBlanc, Adams, and the Vermilion Playboys: Vermilion Two Step, Chère Petite Brun Description:Accordion, fiddle, guitar, vocal. Many thanks to Ron Brown for sharing this relatively clean copy of a great rare record made just after Worl...
Views: 641   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 7:15pm
by Bryan Lafleur
What Cajun Waltz is Clifton copying?
The song on his album "King of the Bayous" is called "Grand Mamou". I swear I've heard it somewhere else, but I can't find it under that name. Anybody know? Thanks, Jamey
Views: 435   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 10:38am
by Jamey Hall
b
Blair
So who is actually going to the National Accordion Association meeting next month?
We'll, we're going--just booked our flights last night. I went back to the original post to figurre out who is going for sure. Rick--you are playing with your zydeco band, right? But looks like it's the day before we'll arrive, unfortunately. A little hard to...
Views: 429   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 10:12am
by Blair
Views: 507   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 9:53pm
by Dwight
jam
Does anyone know of some jam sessions in the Lake Charles area. I play accordion and just looking to have some fun with a jam session. Brett if your on here i know you must know of some. email me
Views: 463   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 6:29pm
by Le Piquant
d
Dwight
Zydeco Sont Pas Sale
What's the secret to playing this tune? Muscles and tendons of a teenager? The notes played look doable, but the rat-a-tat-tat is escaping me. I tend to have a problem with repetitively hitting the same button/s, like muscle fatigue, and mental fatigue too. Clues?
Views: 418   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 6:06pm
by Dwight
selling Master Accordion C
Hello to all. Seen all these post and decided to see if anyone is looking to buy an accordion. I have a Master Accordion key of C. If anyone is looking or know someone who is, email me stewartrmatte@yahoo.com
Views: 575   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 4:46pm
by stewart matte
Hey Capt. Everett!
Shoot me a note at cajunpicker@mac.com
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 4:39pm
by Ganey Arsement
Why I always thought Danny was the best...
Oh man is this good. I am not a Cajun or Creole. I've never been to Louisiana; probably never will. But I know superior musicianship when I hear it. I've worn out my CCO DVDs listening to Danny, trying to figure out why his playing is so deep. And here it is t...
Views: 654   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 2:55pm
by Blair
Off topic, but an awesome instrument
This is me new Fylde brand Irish Bouzouki, it sounds like diamonds, for lack of a better description. I almost like playing with it more than the Cajun accordion! It has 8 strings (doubled up, 4 courses), tuned GDAD. The song is nothing too traditional, just som...
Views: 494   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 6:12pm
by James Todd
d
dwight
Eddie Lejeune clip on YouTube - re-edited
There was a clip of Eddie Lejeune playing Duralde Waltz up on YouTube, but the audio was out of sync with the video by about 1/4 second. As you can imagine, that was maddening. I've fixed this as well as I could, given that my video editing software kept crashing...
Views: 455   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 5:57pm
by dwight
cajun pic
i make some samples for the top picture of this site
Views: 851   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 3:40pm
by lecajun
CD: Cajun - Rare & Authentic
Y'all know about this CD? http://www.louisianamusicfactory.com/showoneprod.asp?TypeID=59&ProductID=6195 I'm not sure how much of it is truly "rare" but it's definitely authentic... Looks like a good, dusty, historical collection, not unlike those field recordin...
Views: 520   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 2:14pm
by randy4u
d
dwight
Leo Abshire
I went out to Leo's house on one visit back there. Gueydan is not the end of the earth, but just a little bit south of there is. Link 3.
Views: 523   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 11:11am
by randy4u
n
neal
Zydeco/Cajun Grammy Award (Article in the Times of Acadiana)
"Few fans in the zydeco/Cajun homeland own the nominated CDs. The Pine Leaf Boy’s Homage Au Passe has only been available on iTunes. The BeauSoleil and Mamou Playboys nominations, both recorded live at the 2008 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, can only b...
Views: 495   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 11:11am
by Dutile
d
Dwight
The Danny Tapes
I'm glad this has been so welcomed. I was afraid there would be some objections. A couple of years ago I was trying to get copies of all videos taken in his garage, to make a fund-raiser dvd for the organization he fathered out here, CFLFM, California Friends of Lo...
Views: 517   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 7:26pm
by dwight
d
Dwight
Joke from my fiddlers list
C, E-flat and G go into a bar. C, E-flat and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tr...
Views: 431   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 6:53pm
by dwight
j
Justin
CMA 2014 - Louisiana needs your support!
Long story short, the Congrès Mondial Acadiens is the a festival that hosts largest gathering of Acadians in the world, and in 2014 we want it to be in our yard this time! On link number 1, just post your name and location to show your support for the bid to...
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 6:52pm
by Justin
Thank you Dwight!
Thank you so very much for uploading the D. Poullard material to youtube. I only got to sit with Danny a few times, but I treasure his memory and his playing. I might even get back to the accordion in a big way again. There's no one to play with and I've gone ba...
Views: 464   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 5:30pm
by Blair
Music Tablature
Anyone willing to trade tabs. I have about 20 songs tabed by Joel Martin of yes Martin Accordions I would like to learn more if anyone wants to trade
Views: 578   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 4:17pm
by Jerry
Steve Riley's New Project?
I heard that Mr. Steve has started a new project that will be in the vein of Belton Richard. Anyone know anything about this?
Views: 552   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 3:43pm
by Rick Reid
d
Dwight
Augusta Accordion teachers: Kristy Guillory and Jesse Lege
Has anyone taken accordion classes recently from either of these two people?
Views: 535   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 2:25pm
by randy4u
Cajun WeltMeister/Broken Reeds
I bought a new Weltmeister Cajun, about a year and a half ago. I`m happy with it, although its not really the sound I want. I recently had it repaired for a broken reed. The repair guy told me I had five broken reeds and I thought I only had 1 Broken reed. He say...
Views: 748   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 2:03pm
by randy4u
a
Andy W
Valse de Vacher
I can't seem to find a recording online, of Valse de Vacher (Cowboy Waltz) - have checked Neal Pomea's excellent site and Youtube - I don't have it on any of my cajun CD's and the only recording I have is on a video (Marc Savoy Gospel...) but no longer have a video p...
Views: 487   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 1:08pm
by Andy W
d
dwight
Eustac Ledet?
Mai, that boy plays good. Link 3
Views: 611   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 12:05pm
by Jerry
d
Dwight
Game for group of bored, experienced accordion players
I was just trying to rename some obscurely automatically named video files with a song title. For some reason, my work computer doesn't have the right codec for some mpg files, so I couldn't hear the sound. So, the game is, play a video clip without sound, and le...
Views: 369   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 8:08am
by Jim Pettijohn
d
Dwight
YouTube Downloader for Mac?
Anyone know of a free, virus-free YouTube Downloader for the Mac?
Views: 383   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 2:04am
by Chili Bean
d
Don
Selling New ACADIAN
Hi group: I am selling a ACADIAN accordion that was delivered to me by marc Savoy in December, 2008. It is constructed with Laurel wood, gold trim and bellows. Key of D. Tuned equal tempered tuning with clarinet reeds +6/-6 for Irish and Quebecois playing. Don't k...
Views: 600   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 1:28am
by fiddler2007
j
JB
Good Music of a Different Vein
Justin, the above site may be of interest to you. Hope to see you at the next Charles Thibodeaux training session at Fiddlers Green. JB
Views: 462   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 3, 2009 1:08pm
by randy4u
Chris Miller is the bomb!
I can go ahead and post what, by now, y'all already know: Chris Miller is an *excellent instructor*. I can't say enough good things about him. From the first time I met him I thought that he was the instructor for me. I've only had one lesson with him, which I vid...
Views: 537   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 3, 2009 10:11am
by Dwight
d
Dwight
Balfa Teaching Schedule?
Their registration closes on 2/15, but they still don't have a list of teachers up. Whaddup?
Views: 440   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2009 12:23am
by Joey Guillory
d
dwight
Gerard Landry vids coming up
Gerard Landry learned at least some of his playing from Danny Poullard here in the Bay Area. He sat and demoed some songs for us one afternoon. He's living in Lafayette, LA now. Joe Simien Special Zydeco Sont Pas Sale Zydeco Sont Pas Sale half speed Fais Dodo...
Views: 349   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 11:30pm
by dwight
d
Dwight
Augusta 2009 Teaching Schedule is up
Well, I think it is anyway. http://www.augustaheritage.com/cajun.html
Views: 536   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 10:43pm
by dwight
d
dwight
new files coming up on YouTube
I need help identifying these songs. One's a two step, one's a waltz. One uploaded, but it's still being processed. The other one should be up in an hour or so.
Views: 522   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 3:53pm
by Ehren
d
Dwight
Cajun music - dancing vs listening
I've often said on here that Cajun music is for dancing and not listening. That I listen to it to study it, not necessarily for enjoyment. That I didn't know what it was for until I started dancing to it. That was too global a statement. I'm having to re-evalu...
Views: 494   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 3:50pm
by Le Piquant
Name the artist....
Someone please tell me who sings the old version of "Making Love in the Chicken coop" F'aire L'amour dans Poulaillier....I talked to Derek L. at KBON this morning and he thinks Geno does a version, but I've never heard it before if so. I know DAnny Colet has a versi...
Views: 483   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 3:47pm
by neal
Homogenizing Cajun Music
Some of the discussions below have prompted me to invite a discussion about the homogenizing of Cajun music. Every now and then, we have accordionist who really stand out and are highly identifiable just by listening to their playing. I feel that the current rising...
Views: 636   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 2:54pm
by RPr
d
dwight
Christmas in January, thanks to Chris Miller
A few years ago Chris Miller came out to California to play a gig at the Isleton Crawfish Festival, as part of a Dream Team band, which also included Jude Moreau, Al Berard, Edward Poullard, and some other folks whose names did not stick because I didn't personally m...
Views: 588   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 9:04am
by Christine Guidry...
g
glenn
Blair's book Accordion Dreams
Just to let you know that Amazon successfully shipped to Europe from U.S. in record time ( I had it on pre-order). Excellent read ! Recommended.. ! Hope Blair will make it out to Saulieu some time to see Cajun Zydeco in a completely different context.. but non...
Views: 499   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 7:49am
by glenn
Another question for the fiddlers on strings
Thanks for all the input your provided on my previous questions. I decided to get the D'addario Helicore, but when I got to my regular music shopt he only had three types availble - a very cheapo entry level, another one that I don't remember, and the only D'addario...
Views: 413   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 6:23am
by Maz - Acadien du...
The Wippoorwills Rock!
Who are these guys? The video is form this past January. looks like big fun in Merry Olde..
Views: 543   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 6:21am
by Maz - Acadien du...
3 more from "Cajun Visits"
Looks like someone is putting the whole documentary on Youtube a little at a time. If you watch the Cheese Read video to the end, you can see one way rice farmers kill rid themselves of ticks, fleas, and mosquitos.
Views: 598   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 7:08pm
by Ron A.
d
Dwight
Coming to YouTube - Harry Trahan
Ok, I got the go-ahead from Lisa to put clips of her dad up on YouTube. These were taken back in 2005 at Augusta. I asked him to demo a bunch of songs so I could record what he was doing, SO YOU COULD SEE THE HANDS. There's maybe 10 of them. That won't start goin...
Views: 589   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 4:59pm
by dwight
d
Dwight
Lovebridge Waltz, part 1 by chris miller
Now up on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5yRgMUjBpI Others segments should be coming in an hour or so. And now the second segment is up too.
Views: 614   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 4:51pm
by dwight
cold temperatures and accordion reeds
Cold temperatures and accordion reeds; ... i'd like some opinions and comments of especially builders and repairers, or traveling musicians, on airfreight transport of accordions. - I have experienced 3 times so far that probably due to a maybe far below zero degr...
Views: 443   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 1, 2009 9:17am
by Jim Pettijohn
Dwight
Dwight would you e-mail me? I have something to ask you. Le Piquant
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 4:49pm
by dwight
d
dwight
Sale on Arhoolie cds
Buy 2 Arhoolie cds, and get 2 free, until Valentines Day. I do NOT know if that deal is available on line or by mail order. It IS available at Downhome's storefront for sure.
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 11:54pm
by dwight
Sacaulait
I recently received my order from Floyds Record Shop I order a couple of new CD's that wasn't on my list. On is Sacaulait with Phillip Allemond and Al Berard. It is a CD made in the old style playing and singing. I love it. I have never seen this CD anywhere and only...
Views: 518   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 1:24pm
by randy4u
What is it all about, anyway?
Maybe it's just me, and me alone -- and perhaps since I wasn't raised right next door to Texas (where I belong -- on the banks of the Calcasieu.) But has Cajun music stopped evolving? It seems to me that many of us here providing subject and input get bogged-down on...
Views: 617   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jan 30, 2009 1:14pm
by randy4u
r
Ron A.
Who is this builder?
Check out link #1. The seller of this item purports to be a builder from Ville Platte. I can't read the name on the instrument, but it appears to be 4 letters, maybe "Reed" or something like that? Any idea who this builder is?
Views: 745   Replies: 31
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 4:08pm
by craig
lightening it up a little - a new organization
I'm calling this share wear. If you put it on a T shirt, make sure it has mitered sleeves -Steve < img src=http://www.fiddleboy.net/peta2jpg >
Views: 591   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 3:45pm
by bohemian
Question for the fiddlers out there
It's time for me to change the strings on my fiddle after playing almost daily over the past two years... I have no idea what kind of string I have on, and would be curious about what you fiddlers use? Someone mentioned a name that sounds like "Pirestra"? Thanks for...
Views: 599   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 1:15pm
by Maz - Acadien du...
d
Dwight
Augusta
Anyone have an inside line on who's teaching fiddle and accordion at Augusta this year? I know it's not on the site yet. Just wondering if any of you were, like, special, or something.
Views: 449   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 10:05am
by Dwight
d
dwight
YouTube and private viewing areas
There's a way to set up a viewing area on YouTube where only 25 people can be allowed to subscribe, by invitation. I'm wondering if, if I set some videos up in there, whether I can easily convert them to universal viewing without having to upload these ****ed things...
Views: 382   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 29, 2009 9:27am
by Dwight
d
Dutile
Fish are fish and demons are bad!!!
no reason, just felt like getting in the right frame of mind to go sit in a tour van. Hooray cajun music on tour!!!
Views: 450   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 10:56pm
by Rick Reid
d
Dwight
Natural vocal range, and appropriate accordion
Years ago when I was taking singing lessons, the instructor said my natural key was, and I don't remember exactly, but something like E or F#. Since I want fiddlers to want to play with me, I'm wondering if a G accordion might not accomodate all concerned. When...
Views: 419   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 8:42pm
by larry english
Can't Resist...
I have been debating with myself about posting this, but in light of ther recent discussion under the topic "The Next Time You're in Lafayette," I decided to do it. Last Thursday evening on NPR' "All Things Considered," David Gura did a program titled "Saving Folk...
Views: 642   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 5:27pm
by Steve from Jerse...
d
Dwight
when should a box be rereeded?
I've had mine about 8 years. Not constant playing, but I do tend to play hard. There seems to be a buzzing and lack of tightness of sound when I play. It's probably fine for a while. Maybe my ear is being extra sensitive since I've been evaluating fiddles lately.
Views: 413   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 5:11pm
by bohemian
d
Dutile
the next time your in Lafayette...
I don't know how many of you know about this but the next time your in Lafayette you really owe it to yourself to drop by the archives in the UL Library. It's on the third floor I if I remember right. There are private listening rooms with computers with access to...
Views: 433   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 28, 2009 12:21pm
by Justin
Here's what I was thinkin'...
Each month I could update it with photos, etc. R!CK
Views: 503   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 3:46pm
by Capt. Everett
Where'd she come from
Check out 10 year old Gracie Babineaux(link #2) at Liberty Theater. All I can say is WOW. Keep an eye and ear out for this talented young lady.
Views: 1049   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 3:35pm
by Nick Beaudoing
d
dwight
Playing in C again
Ok, I guess my brain just needed to get kicked out of its comfort zone. I'm finding that one of the things that used to be annoying about playing in C (unexpected scale jumps and changes in bellows direction) is now sort of interesting, and it just takes muscle...
Views: 413   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 1:33pm
by Dwight
great sound
Has one of you an idea what accordion, and reed brand produce that beautiful sound on the Amede Breaux recording of jolie blond at neal's site? link#3, somewhere 4/5th down of the page. http://npmusic.org/artists.html#mamouhour
Views: 432   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 11:08am
by Dutile
d
Dwight
another bravenet list I found
Accordion FAQ I see BuFraw's name on there. Haven't heard from him in years, unless he's going by another name now.
Views: 452   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 10:48am
by Dwight
Message to B Lafleur
Bryan - the new clip you posted on YouTube is really cool and genuinely authentic. The one with the boucherie where Jude Moreau and other friends are playing through the "boucane" (smoke) from the Cajun microwave... really cool stuff. I hope some day I can make it a...
Views: 510   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 8:16am
by Maz - Acadien du...
d
Darryl
The Hen Won't Lay
I've finally arranged for my son, who's an excellent fiddle and lap steel player, to do a little recording session using his home studio and ProTools software. He's on a month or two break from touring with his band, The Audreys....www.theaudreys.com.au The son...
Views: 492   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2009 12:03am
by Darryl
What do you think are the top misconceptions about Cajun accordion/Louisiana French music?
If you were giving a short presentation to a general audience (not in Louisiana) about the Cajun accordion and Cajun/Creole music and culture, what are the top misconceptions you'd want to clear up? I've done this a few times in the past and am getting set to do s...
Views: 701   Replies: 58
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 11:45pm
by Blair Kilpatrick
pic
can someone load up a new pic on the mainsite???
Views: 579   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 8:01pm
by dwight
d
dwight
Mulberry Waltz and octaves
I'm learning mulberry waltz, but the person I video taped playing it was playing the beginning of the song as single finger. It seemed too hard to play it in octaves at first, but I worked something out. Just wondering if I'm on the right track. Opening phrase i...
Views: 408   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 7:42pm
by Le Piquant
Evangeline Special
OK I have been working on this song for a long time and I still can't seem to keep the rhythm with this song. I have listened every version I have and they all seem to have a different tempo and the rhythm. Even Jude's version, which I like a lot. Is it my imaginatio...
Views: 435   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 4:12pm
by big nick
My First Youtube Video
Finally got brave enough to post a clip on youtube. Started playing just under a year ago, learning a little here and there. See link #1. Let me know what ya'll think.
Views: 693   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 2:52pm
by David Bertrand
cajun craze site test help wanted
Hi Y'all, i'm in the process of creating a basic HTML site (for speed reasons), see link #1, for our band. Now i ran into some remarks from visitors, mainly that links are not working. Guess they are from people with older browsers, who do not update. My self i use F...
Views: 575   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 26, 2009 2:06pm
by Gus
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!