U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Dear Mr. Aiello

Dear Mr. Aiello, I noticed your name alot on this site for wardogs. I have made a few posts about a stray rottie/doberman mix named we've named Second Chance. You are very knowledgeable and know your way around. I was hoping you'd read my posts and be willing to give me some suggestions about our foster dog. I want him to have a good home and I can tell he has a purpose. When I read in the paper about Fluffy, I thought that an armed service person would be a perfect match. Because he is a mix does that make him a throwaway? He's very intelligent and listens to every word. He seems like he would make a good companion/working dog. But then I don't know because this is the first dog I've ever really spent time with. My husband has had lots of dogs growing up and loves them. He works seven days a week and I'm a heart patient not strong enough for Chance. Since you are very knowledgeable, I would welcome any advice if you have the time. Thank you, velvetrabit

Re: Dobes couldn't cut it ?? Haha

I totally agree. The longest track followed by ANY dog listed in the World Book of Records was a Doberman that tracked a German solider over a hundred miles.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This is the first i've seen of this website but a little error exists regarding the role of the Doberman Pinscher. Dobes were used extensively by the Marine Corp in WWII in the pacific,especially on Guam where the War Dog Memorial (Life size Doberman bronze statue), "Always Faithful," exists (site of the original cemetery where the Dobe war dogs were buried resulting from dying in combat during the taking of Guam . The role of the Dobe is more extensive in WWII, maybe they could handle the heat better than the German Sheperd, but to suggets they were unsuitable and eventually replaced by Labs is far from accurate.