Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Black Pot Fest and KBON fan appreciation week-end..

I spent some time in Lafayette's Acadian Village where the Black Pot Fest. is being held. I made it there today to behold the accordion contest. There were 14 entries...I missed the first 3 and none were introduced by name to keep the judging fair. I did recognize some of the players. There was Wilson Savoy, Steve Riley, Yvette Landry, Drew Simon, Blake Miller and Jesse Lege'.
Three players made it to the second round (Steve Riley (Acadian accordion) and Jesse Lege'(Acadian accordion) and one other young guy I can't recall his name. The mandatory song for them was the Triangle Club Special. Jesse won! It was sooooo good to be a witness to this. I left there and went to Rayne to hear High Performance with their special guest artist....Belton Richard. The Man can still sing and play! What an incredible singer and accordionist! (He was playing on Jason Bergeron's dual key royal blue Falcon) Then I went back to Black Pot to hear Walter Mouton (playing on his Falcon Bb)...another incredible master accordionist.

By the way Jim P. I overheard Jesse L. saying he has the #2 Acadian commemorative accordion.
Charlie

Re: Black Pot Fest and KBON fan appreciation week-end..

The other guy you're thinking of in the Blackpot contest is Josh Richard.

John

Hey Charlie,I was at the contest from the beginning,It was incredible.The level of playing was very high.I thought there were about six other players that were as good as Jesse L and Steve R including Blake Miller and others I did not know.I don't think anybody expected the contest to have so many good players.
PS I Looked for you,but there were a lot of people.I was sitting up front

Yes, Pat...I got to the little chapel late and saw you, then saw you leave...and that was it....I looked but did not find (you). I hope you and Cindy had a great time. There were a lot of pickers and grinners everywhere! My bad for not putting your cell number in my directory! There is always the next time.
Charlie

Yep Jesse's new acadian is one of the anniversary acadiens (black with brass buttons) It sounds and looks great. He let me try it out.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!