Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RVdC - Low Maintenance

Low Maintenance on Rendez-vous des Cajuns.

Song:Pardon Waltz

Song: Church Point Breakdown

Re: RVdC - Low Maintenance

What is the name of the accordion player.I think I saw him in the accordion contest at Black pot.Thanks for the video

His name is Drew Simon. He is the drummer with the PLB...lol! He is great on the accordion also.

Great music, Wade. Their trade mark seems to be beard! Are you sure they are Cajuns and not Mooslims!?The accordionist doesn't play bad at all for a drummer! Actually, he is far out! And so are the others.
Thanks a lot for posting!!

PS: Cajuns or Muslims

... or does "low maintenance" refer to their respective chins?
Nice band!!

Peer
Great music, Wade. Their trade mark seems to be beard! Are you sure they are Cajuns and not Mooslims!?The accordionist doesn't play bad at all for a drummer! Actually, he is far out! And so are the others.
Thanks a lot for posting!!

Like Jamie Beard whose playing the drums in this clip Drew is much more than a drummer.

They play at Randols every Monday nite. The accordion player is Drew Simon and the drummer is Jamie Beard. The fiddle player here I think Savoy is not a member of there Monday nite band. They are very good I have taken a few lessons from Drew his wife had that accordion made for his wedding present from Mr Acadian. Should have been a Martin but she didnt know better.

She knew better!!

Absolutely! She knew exactly what he wanted. I had a chance to play it a few months back, love the sound of a C#.

I played on it as well so whats your point???

randy4u
I played on it as well so whats your point???

My point is that its a **** good accordion, sounds great, that Drew wanted an Acadian over a Martin and that the sound coming out of an Acadian is second to none.

That's interesting, a C#. Someone told me that Jason Frey had one of those. What do guitar players and fiddlers think about that key?

Capo #1.

Most guitar players will tune down a half step and play as if they're playing with a D accordion. Fiddle players will almost always tune down a half step as well. It's really a fun key to play with because you get the volume of a C with the response of a D.

John

Dang, that's intriguing.

bryan lafleur
That's interesting, a C#. Someone told me that Jason Frey had one of those. What do guitar players and fiddlers think about that key?

Yeah, Jason typically plays in C#. Also, on the Pineleaf Boy's 1st album there are a few songs recorded using a C#, the Lawtell 2-step is one of them.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!