Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Investigative Report

While deep in Cajun Country I stopped in for a visit with John Elton Doucet, the accordion builder. I was curious because his low prices suggested a compromise in quality. He had about 5 C accordions finished and ready to go. After playing two of them, I'm reporting that he's the real deal. Mitered corners, nice fit and finish, top quality reeds and bellows, nice sound and action. They were a little stiff for me, being fresh off the bench, but performed beautifully in his hands. With 50 years experience he does repairs and tuning also, and builds component parts for most of the other builders.

Check out John Doucet Cajun Accordions on Facebook.

Re: Investigative Report

I agree with you. John makes a very good accordion.

An old friend of mine had two of them, and I tried them out a couple of times.

I've said it many times here, Mr. Doucet is a genuinely great man to deal with, makes a good accordion at a very low price. I get my base and shoulder straps from him, and always enjoy visiting.

This is Bryan: Always a good word for fellow accordion builders that deserve it.
Like!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!