Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yet another drug ad deleted,another IP banned

Just so y'all don't assume the ads are magically disappearing :grinning:

Thanks! And let me help investigating switching the board to something else.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for doing this tedious, but not thankless task!

I would like to help investigate switching the board to another format, such as phpBB. I know they have converters from other php formats, but I don't know if BraveNet is one of them or not. But BraveNet is php based. As I understand it, the conversion process requires access to the SQL database used to contain the messages.

I have also read that there are people who provide a conversion service from one board format to another.

phpBB is itself free, so the only cost is for web hosting. But BraveNet requires that too, so coastwise it should be a wash.

Please feel free to drop me an email if you want to discuss this further.

-David

Re: Thanks! And let me help investigating switching the board to something else.

Sure .. drop me a line. It's worth investigating.

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to automatically route members
to a new WEB site if they were to log onto the old one?

--bn

Re: Thanks! And let me help investigating switching the board to something else.

There might be a way to route folks to the new site.

One very simple way would be to pin a topic at the top of this forum, with an explanation and a link to the new one.

But before you go...

Please consider the wealth of information archived here in searchable form. It would be a shame to lose this unique resource.

Re: But before you go...

From what I have been able to determine, there is usually a way to convert these php based forums from one format to another. phpBB does provide migration tools for some, but I don't know if BraveNet is one of them or not. Even if they don't have one out of the box, apparently there are people out there who will do the migration for you somehow.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!