Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Quebecoise accordion

Hello,
I upgraded froc a hohner ha114 to an mid range accordion. Made me plat quicker.. bought an Mélodie accordion and im on love!!! My Brest advise would hé for you to keep saving rit Witherspoon the shot.
You can géo to accordeons excellence on montreal i know they hold weltmeister one row in stock Do you can try the beast prior to buy it.

I will not go into the details, but I ordered a MELODIE and got F..... .... by Vezina and Ouellet.

Long story. I would never do business with them again. And my story is not unique.

Best Quebec box I owned/ordered was from Clement Breton.. Unfortunately, he is no longer building. I had #31. Gaston Nolet and Denis Pepin both told me to get one. Great box. They both own them.

My advise.. Get a BELTUNA... better box, less money. NO BS much better by far.

Many Quebec players have Beltuna.

Phil.B
Hello,
I upgraded froc a hohner ha114 to an mid range accordion. Made me plat quicker.. bought an Mélodie accordion and im on love!!! My Brest advise would hé for you to keep saving rit Witherspoon the shot.
You can géo to accordeons excellence on montreal i know they hold weltmeister one row in stock Do you can try the beast prior to buy it.
No more typing with my IPad!

Hi Rick,
Think I have just the box for you.
It is an amateur hand made in D with binci a mano reeds, wet tuned.
Made from English Ash with Ebony buttons.
Not looking for daft money- something like 700 U$.
I'm in the UK though but do work over here from time to time.
Here is a vid clip- please excuse the playing as it was in my early days. Thanks

Hi AJ
Do you have a contact I could use regarding the D accordion?
Cheerz

Orville, I'm reluctant to give out my email address on here but do contact me through my youtube channel.
Thanks

Weltmeister is OK.. Get an old German Made Hohner HA 114 and have one of the Quebec makers retune it. Lots of Quebec players still use Hohners. Should be $400-$600 and the resale is good. Resale on a Weltie.. not so good.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!