Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wayne Toups “Please Explain”

Does he play this on the pull or the push. I can sing it in C but I do it on the triple note FBbEb. I think he plays it on the push. Can any one please explain how he does the song. Thanks. :sunglasses:

Re: Wayne Toups “Please Explain”

I'll answer my own question after I sat down with a Bb box and watched his live video on the cruise ship. Played in F on the pull. Of course. :sunglasses:

Good job buddy glad you could help.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hear it as being played on a Bb Cajun accordion, in the second position, F. Most of the song alternates between the F chord and Bb, with some other interesting chords added in the chorus.

Maybe there's more than one version? The one I heard is defintely not in the key of C, and not on a triple row. The licks sound a lot like typical licks on the "pull", or second position.

I can’t sing it in F. And I can’t play those licks on the push so triple row works. It’s actually Blue Skues by the Allman Bros.

I thought I was hearing some Allman Bros motifs in there!

I still think it is on the pull, not the push. On the triple row, you could play it on the outer row (the F row) on the pull (key of C). This is assuming an F/Bb/Eb triple row.

But, you kinda already said most of that. Don't mind me - I work in the Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!