Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Italian bellows in 114 dimensions exist

I reckon that the only new bellows you'll find for that won't come from Hohner. Greg Mouton had a number of far better quality italian bellows to fit.

It will most likely cost extra, but I'd suggest having Greg put them on..

Re: Bellows don't return like new

Well I read on melodeon.net to stretch the bellows so they function better. I did that when I first got them just a tad. They were REALLY STIFF

I checked out the Italian bellows and a lot more bucks than I thought.. So won't be doing that ..

I got Marc Savoy learn to play accordion dvd and on there he talks about using the stiffness to help with the bellows return on the push.. Seems logical to me. But alas I had already stretched them out.. It was Lesters post that I followed and most guys on Melnet do that buy the way.

So.. different strokes I guess.

anyway thanks guys

here is the melnet post.

Lester
MADman
Mods and volunteers

Hohners'R'me

Re: Stretching bellows??
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »

Just been flicking through my photos of the melodeon makers course and have come upon Marc Serafini's master class on freeing up bellows. He recommends, and I know it works, that you take about 6 folds at a time and stretch them over your leg and then repeat for all folds on all four sides.

This method seemed to immediately free up the bellows from their pristine newness to supple and playable, you just need to be brave

Here is the link to the video I did what he said in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iigObdMdK6I&feature=youtu.be [url/]

Watch yer step .. there are quite a few button box bigots here who dismiss anything other than "Cajun".

Marc Serafini is one hell of a builder.. Innovation and quality while staying in touch with tradtion. Lots of good videos on his site.

Check out the three row "DARWIN" box.

hmm .. My bark is quite thick and no problem dealing with ******** and others. lol

Thanks for caring tho..

Will check that Darwin out. tnx

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!