Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Drill for Nightshade

I'll be the first to say I've been real fortunate here. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to pay it back or pay it forward I'm sure a opportunity will present itself. As far as Greezy goes I found some of his stuff useful once you got past the hogwash. Is the original version more simplified? I've bought the Lawrence walker cd and listened to it on repeat. Not to be mean but the sound on it is not the best quality.
(That and putting Ossun and Johnny cant dance together half way through the song)
As before thank y'all I couldn't have done it without y'all
Nightshade

"the sound"? Most of the stuff Lawrence Walker recorded was live and they didn't have sophisticated high tech sound equipment either. The rawness of the older music is what the music and the culture is all about. Not all that fancy **** today.

You're absolutely right Jerry that's basically what I was saying even though I ramble a bit. That's why my first attempt sounded like it did to me it was pretty close but y'all heard a bunch of stuff in the original version I didn't hear.

I am d***n near deaf, so I don't hear a lot of things he way others do. However, I find that when I go back to an original song after period of time, there are often nuances that I missed before. Mais, it's a gift dat keeps on giving, dat ol' stuff. Fortunately we have Wade Falcon holding it all together for us!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!