Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lafayette cajun accordion teachers

Steve has in the past had some down time in January for lessons.

I believe Chris Miller has a full-time high school teaching job, which could be good news (he's unlikely to be away touring) or bad news (may be too busy to do private lessons). He's also located about 90 minutes away from Lafayette in Lake Charles (I think).

You might want to check with Wilson Savoy, who lives in Lafayette. He's taught classes and workshops in the past, might be open to private lessons if he's around. But like Steve Riley, he has a pretty busy touring schedule with the Pine Leaf Boys and other ventures.

Blake Miller and John Vidrine are 2 others in the area who come to mind. Blake has lots of teaching experience at Augusta and Balfa Week. John taught Augusta's beginners accordion class this year. Also, Jason Frey (an extraordinary player who previously taught Augusta's beginners accordion class) lives in the general area (Eunice?).

I took lessons with Chad Huval. Awesome teacher!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!