Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Genius?

Pahahah Ned. A friend and I were discussing this very thing today on the phone. We were talking about how some people are learning Cajun songs by the numbers of each button and start out by actually "thinking" each step through. I told him that there are two functions to our brains. One to connect to the body and one to connect to the outside world and beyond. "As above, so below". The "mind" vs. the "conscious". The mind is a defense mechanism that protects itself first and foremost. It would rather kill the body than be proven wrong. It is slow and cumbersome tool. The conscious is the link for the soul to all things outside and within. It operates at faster than light speed and the mind could never hold a candle to it. When a Cajun plays the accordion, he uses 10% mind and 90% of his conscious soul. How does he do it? Well, he's fed his soul and consciousness with a lifetime of pattern recognition by listening to Cajun music. It becomes second nature. I've mentioned this before, but in a cryptic sort of way when I told you that you "Had the rest of your life" to learn the accordion.

It was not meant as an insult.

Einstein would have been better at playing the fiddle I tink. LOL He looked like a fiddle man to me. Kinda looked like Beausolei "Mike Doucet". ahahaha

Einstein

... lyrics from Dylan, Desolation Row

Einstein, disguised as Robin Hood with his memories in a trunk
Passed this way an hour ago with his friend, a jealous monk
Now he looked so immaculately frightful as he bummed a cigarette
And he when off sniffing drainpipes and reciting the alphabet
You would not think to look at him, but he was famous long ago
For playing the electric violin on Desolation Row

Re: Einstein

that explains why I never listen to Dylan lol

Re: Einstein

Good one, Jerry!

Einstein played fiddle(in that days/area called a violin)and piano.
Link#2
And he was a good musician :blush: but with Einstein everything is relative !
I will never get those amount of decisions Ned.
I "learn" the songs at a low speed so I get one decision in a minute if I don't have to thnk about it. After years practising the song I play it without thinking or making decisions, it's just coming out the accordion and of course with lots of failure
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
But I still love it to play that box :blush:

Ned you just maybe overthinking this stuff. Suggest your New Year resolution is to think less.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!