Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: La valse du Vacher ( Cowboy Waltz)

I don't know this version by Ed Gary. Have you a copy ?

Marc.

I am not sure he ever recorded it , but he sang it at every live performance

Send it to me and I will transcribe it for you

I'm probably completely out of my league, but there is a complete listing of the words in French on a website named reddit. The words come from Dennis McGee's version which is probably the original version. Just do a google search for "valse des Vacher lyrics Dennis McGee" and you can get to the reddit website.

The song has also been recorded by Ray Landry, Robert Jardell, Bone Tones, Beausoleil Steve Riley, and the Savoy-Doucet Cajun Band. The Savoy-Doucet CD is "Live at the Dance." In the accompanying booklet, the lyrics are given in French and English.

Just a related bit of information - I do have a cassette by Ed Gary and Aldus Broussard titled "Old Time Cajun Songs," and Cowboy Waltz in not on that recording.

Jack Bond

Thanks for the replies everyone, I have listened to most of these and Ed’s Lyrics are are little different but each one is equally as good. I think I have written down as much as I could legibly understand, of Ed’s version, hopefully I can post it when I complete it . Merci.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!