Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ton Papa lyrics

"il avait tort" = "il a fait erreur". Turns out, his pronunciation of "erreur", where he only pronounces the "reur" part, really throws me off. It took quite some time to realize what he was saying. Thanks!

WF

I will take a stab at the last line of verse 3:

Je connais pas, je méritais pas, mais observe là, vien avec moi

Slurring his words together. You can barely make out mais and vien, if that's what they are.

OK, WF, I can hear "il a faireur" now, a portmanteau word for "fait erreur". :smile:

I can also hear "J' connais pas j'méritais pas, mais ça il l'a fait avec moi" now, Neal is right.

Last sentence of the first verse ends with tit fille (I think)

Hey Melodorean are you also catmelodorean on YouTube? My spelling might not be right.

No, I'm not.

Catmelodeon is Peer and he's playing all kind of instruments and is a kind of a living juke box with thousand songs in him :blush: .
Link#2

Peer also have a second youtube page https://www.youtube.com/user/petraki53

My youtubepage is link#3 and you can find the band I'm a member of here

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackCat234

You're not the first one asking and I hope the mystery is solved now :joy:

Cool just checked out your channel I can't wait till I can play like that how did you get started playing? Did you do numbers videos or person lessons?

Thanks, but I only do my very best to get some music from that box :blush:
About twenty years ago I started with playing Cajun, which I know more than 45 years.
A copy of Steve Riley's first cd hooked me completely, because the accordion was so good to hear and the only thing I want was playing like that or something that sounds a bit familiar :smile: Later I became more interested in the more old style of Octa Clark, Ambrose Thiboreaux and nowadays Ray Abshire. Luckily there are in Louisiana young players who also play like the old masters :-)
Here in the Netherlands were about four or five musiciand wo play the one row and Cajun music. First I get lessons from one of them (Wim Nagtegaal/band Acadian Ramblers-Acadia) and I learn a lot from him. Besides that I bought the tapes of Dirk Powell (VHS) and I used a method of Nonc Allie Young (great example of the old school on LP with a booklet)
Later there became more and more vids on youtube and I use a slowdowner and recordings to figure out how to play this most wunderfull music :blush:
The biggest miracle was that I started dancing too :joy: and also the side-effects Creole/Zydeco were not bad :relaxed:
This is a nutshell story :relaxed:

Hey Melo sorry it took me so long to reply. Thanks for the slowdown idea I figured out how to do it on YouTube videos. It's pretty cool you're in The Netherlands how many times you been to The Hague?

I don't understand why you ask about The Hague ?
But in the past was there sometimes :-)

I asked about The Hague because I didn't know the name of the palace and I got them confused and also because I'm never going to see it in real life so I figured I'd ask someone who has seen it

Re: Ton Papa lyrics (the Hague)

The Hague is the third city in the Netherlands with 500.000 habitants.
In Dutch it's Den Haag or 's Gravenhage.
It's not the capital of our country, that's Amsterdam and Rotterdam is the second town and is also a big harbour.
The Hague is quite important (also in history), because our government is settled there and our King has his "house" there. It's a big house, but not really a palace.
Another building there is the "Vredespaleis" or Peace Palace.

Re: Ton Papa lyrics (the Hague)

That's it!!!!! Yeah I get them confused. Cool man thanks for clearing it up. Been watching your videos. And really enjoy them keep them going!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!