Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What's in a position on the violin

Thank You Melo. That video pretty much just served Jerr his own foot. How's it taste Jerr?

Remember Melo, there are more tunings for the Cajun fiddle than just DGAE and FCGD. I think, if I remember correctly, that there are like 12 more! I just looked over at my little guide sheet in a dimly lit room and I think I counted 14 total? LOL, crazy isn't it? But for some of those possible tunings, the dam strings start popping as I have very recently discovered. LOL So when that happens, I cross that particular tuning off of my list. The fiddle shop is all the way over der in Eunice, or in Lafayette at SOLA (Anya Burgess-Bon Soir Catin and Fiddle Luthier). I cant be runnin over there to get a new set of strings every time I retune to one of these lost cross tunings. Someone needs to invent a kapo for the fiddle maybe?

Re: What's in a position on the violin

your ignorance of how to play a violin or fiddle is obvious who ever you are Mr. Accordion Guru

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!