Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Who builds Acadiana brand?

Bryan!! Which route did you take brother? Are you now building strictly black accordions that look and sound like the old Monarchs?

Also, I believe y'all forgot one builder on the list. He goes by the name of Kiawwww Lee

Re: Who builds Acadiana brand?

Greezy, I think Bryan is to busy with his awsome leatherwork :-)
As a vegetarian it's a bit difficult for me, but I'm not vegan :blush:
He sometimes post them on Facebook, very impressive colorfull work :-)
It would be great if he only built "black models" with old fashion reeds like the old Monarch/Sterling.
He won't do that because he also like the wood structure :-)
Wasn't the nick name of the old accordions "tit noir" in the old days ?
It's possible to order a black one by most builders I guess :wink:

Re: Tit Noir

Yes Bryan does some awesome leather work and nice guy to visit with. Also awesome looking accordions, I wish I could say I've had the opportunity to say that I've played on one. Bryan I'm going to have to invite you over one day to a jam and you gonna have to bring one of yours over.
Meloderon yes called 'Tit Noirs. Since you mentioned it, I thought I would share my personal Tit Noir I just recently finished, I put Tit Noir on the face plate and will likely do a series of them eventually all with that on the faceplate.
 photo 20190529_131705_zpssrensazw.jpg

Looks really awesome :relaxed:

Oh Snappp!! Please tell me the bellows are white on the inside folds??!! He even got them old gold finger flappers on there! Ha, I've even seen them done with gold glitter. Pretty cool accordion....How does it smoke?

Greezy- No sorry I put black on red. I did contemplate though about that. Yea gold flappers with silver corners. If smoke you mean sound hear ya go. 😁

Meloderon- Thank you!

Lake Arthur Stomp

Played by Kegan Navarre

Sounds good even with the red bellows, and appears to be in good hands. With those long fingers I'll bet Kegan can scratch his nose and never miss a beat.

Right out the chute, and the "Tit Noir" has instant playability at Keegan Navarre speed. Not clappy (nice thick felts), smooth and easy to the touch. I cannot tell from watching, but does it have the (magic resonance)??

Magic Resonance - a once very rare resonance that allowed an instrument to draw out the best level of skill that an accordion player didn't know he had. The tuning of the instrument is so just and the craftsmanship so high in quality that mistakes seem to melt away due to the discreet and perfect blending taking place from note to note that makes it seem like there is an ever so slight but effective delay in the sound as it follows the action. Such a tuning seemingly produces a reciprocal echo effect allowing the player to hear himself produce more high quality music than he ever thought he could produce. "Usually results in a surprised and joyous look on the accordion player's face with an envious undertone that begs the question...Why doesn't my got dam accordion play like this one??!!" LOL.

Sweet! Thank you Greezy it worked. I tried I dont know how many different code generators yesterday and none would allow it to show up endless you clicked on link. I posted a video not long ago and it work, idk.
Yes I try to pick out either think leather or felt or both.

Come by and play anytime, that goes for everyone, I like meeting new people and playing a little music, even though I got a ways to go lol.

Well my bad I thought it worked.

Was it this one ?

Sounds awesome and lovely playing :blush:

Yea thats it, Thank you. Thats Kegan Navarre tearing it up. I dont know why I cant figure out the darn code thing, did it once and cant figure it out.

Craig, put me down for one of your Tit Noir accordion production. Magnificent.

Beautiful box, bag the gold.. incongruous with the silver.

Best 0f luck.

Jeff,

Craig pays homage to the Globes, Monarchs, and Sterlings, all of which used this scheme. Kudos to Craig Vincent for a handsome modern rendition of the pre-WWII German melodeons.

-Nedro

Thanks all of yall, yes I was going for the Monarch and Sterling look. Mr Guy hit me up on FB messenger if you have FB.
facebook.com/craig.vincent.583
Hope everyone has a great weekend

I have been playing guitar since 1961 and owned well over a hundred, currently about 9-12.. I forget.

I have never owned nor will own an guitar or any other musical instrument with gold hardware.

It may be traditional, but not in my world.

I have owned at least 20 early accordions form Germany, Saxony, Bohemia and elsewhere, not one of them has gold with silver hardware.

Homage is one thing, gold with silver is another.,..the box fashion police will not approve it.

(Otherwise) Beautiful box as I said.

Craig,

Could you build one with
1. No red on the flappers/pallets.. black ok
2. No gold... chrome ok
3. No white buttons ... chrome ok
4. No white on the bellows straps.. black only
5. No scroll work on the face plates
6. Black on black bellows.. no red, no white, no gold
7. Thumb groove on keyboard, no thumb strap

You're not a fancy guy I suppose Jeff :joy: :joy:
Dont you forget the non shining paint :blush: or didn't I read that.
I agree with you, but I can't miss the thumb strap :-)

No flash.. just the goods..
I like my accordeons to be on the MARTIN D-18 or 00-18V guitar look.

Basic.

Hey Jeff, would be willing to do most of that but as far as scroll work I rather keep to
what in been doing and Im not to sure about the thumb groove.

Vincent, what is the going price for such an accordion? If I pay you an extra $100, would you put the "Name Brand" that I'm about to tell you at the top of the reed board, and Vincent Accordions at the bottom.

"CHAMPION" model

Vincent Accordions
Made In Louisiana

Be warned! This may make you a millionaire!

I know all of these request from everyone are very aggravating, but at least think on my request.. If you make the "CHAMPION" brand.....They will come.......and so will I my friend. As far as I know, "CHAMPION" brand has not been patented as a name on accordions yet.

All we'll need is 3 distinct accordion players to always play the "Champion" brand in public. The same way Wayne Toups and Walter Mouton play on the "Falcon" brand exclusively. Before you know it, people that don't even play accordion will be buying a "Champion" just to have one their house. (A phenomenon similar to what happened with the rice cooker or the Magnelite Pot in Cajun Country, Lousiana).

Do you realize how many freakin Falcon accordions were sold just because Wayne Toups plays on them?!! So many in fact, that Falcon was willing to give accordions away to Wayne as long as he'd remain a living, breathing, walking advertisement for Falcon accordions. Walter Mouton played the part of the wise and crafty Grand Master and Wayne...his hip and popular student. Now do you see how you get to be one of the "Big Three"? You've got to play on the "Pride" and "Vanity" of the people. Works every time.

Black one like mine currently would be $2,500.
Sorry THE BLUE MAX thats a no go on the "CHAMPION" detail.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!