Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mafrtin accordion fs

If you all want to see the accordion click on the below links. If the first link don't work, the second should. The first link is http: and just in case, the second is https:. Not a bad price!! That's the mid 90's pricing!

Looks like Junior’s version of a vintage Tit Noir. Sweet!

I did not notice before, but there is a "crawfish" under the Martin Brand Name. I had a Martin Accordion once, and it did not feature a "crawlfish" on the Stencil Pattern... Lol Crawlfish. No got dammit! It's not a "crayfish"! It's a "crawfish". But yeah, it is a nice little accordion.

Consequently, does anyone else want to do away with the herring bone trim work on the bellows frame of all accordions? I'm starting to like the way an accordion looks without those ghastly things. Especially the black ones! Straight lacquered black with silver trim. No Glitz.

Agreed, particularly when these strips are mass produced and easily available, cheap and easy to install.

Like the many of the typical Cajun made accordions, lipstick on a pig.

PS Martin had an "artist/art teacher" up on the Sacramento river delta in California design and paint the crawdad on the bellows. This may have changed .
In my opinion, cheezy.

What you can't build with the best materials and workmanship.. paint the bellows and add herring bone.

Yup, cheezy crawdads, chrome corners, inlays, foil on the flappers, end scrolls, and my personal favorite, lazy ass butt joints. Real class.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!