Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OLD Hohner 114

I traded something for an old 114, key of C, almost as nice looking as on this picture:

It probably has the old ' sought after' reeds, as it sounds quite better than another one i know.
All systems work OK, no leaks, seems reeds are not rusty. Any idea on the value? thnx F.

Re: OLD Hohner 114

The value in Europe is around $250 and in the US I would rate it at 400-600 USD. You could also send it to Louisiana and have someone collect the reeds and build a real box for about $1000

What an ******* response. More great music has been made ( by Cajuns) on Hohners than any other maker.

A "real" box. Get a life you elitist millennial Euro trash twat.

I have owned several "hand made" ( there is no other way to make an accordeon) Cajun boxes. Without exceptions they were, at best, folk art to be hung on the wall.
I own several (15) Castagnaris, look them up and check the prices, and still prefer Hohner HA 114 models for Cajun playing

Whoa, Nelly!
Fair enough Johnny Choda, the Hohner 114 is one fine instrument. It would be nice to have it cajun tuned though.´Ive never played a Louisiana handmade so of course I might be an elitist millennial Euro trash **** without a life but also heres a few quotes from yourself

"Cajun Tuning is tuning bey a Cajun.. As a Cajun Accordeon is one made by a Cajun."
- Johnny Choda

"Gabbanelli does not make a "cajun" accordeon.
Only a Cajun can make a Cajun Accordeon"
- Johnny Choda

You made my point, thanks.

Man you must be drunk. Here, Ive sent you some snow over from Sweden ya ding-dong

So Ive gotten the hold of a 2021 black beauty accadian and Im telling you this is the real deal. I do like the hohner 114 its an exelent beginners accordion and if retuned its a pretty spectacular instrument, the reads are just great. However the acadian make it look like a model T ford next to a ferrari... so please be so kind as to suck my balls in hell Johnny Coda.

Thoms-

And it's a mighty nice sounding Acadian.

I enjoy my old Germany made 114 very much (same older look as the one pictured above). I play it often enough in addition to my Le Capitaine and Martin. Sometimes it has the "right" sound for particular songs. I know Savoy would recommend them as a "first" accordion and would "cajun" tune them. Don't know if he still does.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!