Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need help.

I need for someone who plays b-flat accordion to please help me so I can sound like a song I listen to zydeco on YouTube but what I I play doesn't even sound right.

Like for example boozoo chavis: Dog Hill I can't figure it out.

Re: I need help.

Well, we can start with posting "Dog Hill" by Boo Zoo. It is being played on a B flat accordion, but it is being played in the key of "F" (aka on the pull) (aka in the fifth b,c,d,e,"F",g,a,). I don't play a B flat accordion though. But I can play along with this song in the key of "F" on my "C" accordion. If I can do that, you should be able to follow easy on your B flat. Zydeco uses buttons 3 and 7 together on the pull to intro many songs. Pre-seaded by a short press on button 6 on the pull of course.

Only recently, I have started practicing Accordion. I took help from the tutorials from eduhelphub, they have been really helpful. very soon I hope to apply music theory and play any song that I want.

I don’t think boozoo really knew exactly what he was doing either lol. Not in a bad way of course. Sometimes you just roll with it baby. I remember him saying to the band in one those live recordings follow me.

Boozoo: If it's wrong, do it wrong, with me. If I'm wrong you wrong too.

Boozoo Chavis 41 Days.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!