Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Le Charivari - Marion Marcotte

The best way to learn the language is to do what your doing. I'll just make a couple points. For transcriptions, a lot of people will right the pronoun "elle" as it is normally spoken. Before a verb/word which starts with a consonant, it is normal to write, "A" and before a vowel, "Alle".

Example: A dit qu'alle était pas là... etc

Here is one phrase that I updated from your transcription:

"A s’est tournée su(r) Marcellus et alle a henni, “Hi hi” A dit, “Fais pas ça Poulet, à chaque fois tu me pinces par en dessous comme ça, tu me donnes un frisson d’la ceinture en bas.”

"She turned to Marcellus and she giggled, "Hi hi hi" She says, "Don't do that Babe. Every time you pinch me down there like that, you give me a shiver below my belt"

Note:
- Most people normally use "avoir" with "se tourner" but I think that Marcotte using "etre" here"
- "Hennir" litterally means "neighed" like a horse. I think marcotte makes the past participle sound more like "Henné"
- I think she is calling him "Poulet" (Chicken). Marcotte's character's often have illusions to animals.

Ted, that clears up some of the audio that I struggled with the most - very helpful, thanks.

Thanks Ted! I agree with your comments!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!