Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Cajun Song Index

Jack makes a good point about Nancy Weston's Cajun Song Index, but be careful. She seems to index by song title. Sometimes the same title is used for songs that are unrelated to one another. The Osson Two Step that Joe Falcon and Amede Ardoin do are not the same song as the Ossun Two Step by Lawrence Walker. The one by Lawrence Walker is called Opelousas Two Step on the 45. You get the idea.

Re: what recording? Ossun two step?

Try npmusic.org. I think he has both Lawrence Walker and the Touchet Family.

Re: what recording? Ossun two step?

not a recording, but maybe the link is of some interest for you

Interesting link!

Thanks for the link! I checked and they only had 3 Cajun 78s but at least they were available in different formats!

Can't say I agree with the review about Falcon's Osson. Not one of his better ones, in my opinion. Much better are Fee Fee Poncheaux, My Old Used to Be, On My Way Home, The Pretty Girls Don't Want to See Me Anymore, Madame Sosthene, and a whole bunch more.

Re:Ossun Two Step

Good recent versions of Ossun Two Step are also on Ray Abshire's CD (track list pasted in below) and on the new recording by Al Berard and Jason Frey ("Old Style Cajun Music" available from Al at 337-344-2975 or basin@pipeline.com). These are two of the best Cajun music CDs in my collection.

Ray Abshire / For Old Times Sake
Track Title
1. French Two-Step
2. Grand Riceville
3. Washington Stomp
4. Rodney's Waltz
5. Dance Hall Special
6. Lacassine Special
7. Waltz Of No Return
8. Brunette Two-Step
9. Louisiana Rambler Waltz
10. Johnny Can't Dance
11. Chere Bebe Creole
12. Tee Mamou
13. My Old Wagon
14. Both For The Same
15. Step It Fast
16. Big Woods Waltz
17. Ossun Two-Step
18. Give Me My Hat

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!