Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: : Re: Re: quereller

I'm aware that this discussion has been overwith for about a month, but hey, I just got my internet back up and running and I'm trying to catch up with the rest of you.

I think he says, "Elle a mis une mainte en-dedans." "She put in a great many."

I also think that he's not saying "Euh, je..." He's saying "Ej" which is a common occurence in Cajun French. Ej'crois, Ej'veux, Ej'vas, Ej'dit, etc., etc., etc. It's not a lapse of thought, it's simply a way of speaking.

There were other things I wanted to mention, but I forgot 'cause, man, this is a long discussion. :-)

---Roy---

P.S. The "...wheez" word sounds like "un gee whiz." Ça, c'est juste mes deux sous pour asteur.

Re: Re: : Re: Re: quereller

quand ma femme commence à queller, c’est comme un tac tac qu’après fleurer.

bryan

Re: Re: : Re: Re: quereller

Pop, moi j'crois que il a dit les deux mots- a comparison between the two.

quand ma femme commence à queller, c’est comme un tac tac qu’après fleurer

Bryan

Re: Re: Re: : Re: Re: fleurir

Bryan, I think it's a question of pronunciation. The word is "fleurir" (standard and Cajun French/see LSU glossary), but it's the way he says it that sounds like "fleurer" (that's why I had spelled it like that).

Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: : Re: Re: fleurir

I didnt know how it was spelled, I was just referring to the difference between "fleurir" and "querreler". Believe me, I will never correct anyones spelling.

Sorry I posted the same thing so many times. At one time I looked and my posts werent there, so I redid it, then all were there. Ce computer me faire comme un fou des fois.

Re: Marion Marcotte's Lucky Day at the Red Cross in Pointe Aux Chiens

I think that you mean "andirons"

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!