U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum

The United States War Dogs Association welcomes you to this forum. Please NO advertisements.

U.S. War Dogs Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dedication Plaque

I am a resident at the V.A. in North Chicago and am a Vietnam Era Veteran.and I am appaled that the director had the staff take down a Memorial Plaque that was givin in honor of the first police dog at the V.A. this dog not only did his job and was considered a Police Officer but this animal gave comfort to alot of Vets.Particually Vets who handled dogs in Vietnam.Please help my effort to restore this memorial. All dogs need to be recoginized for there work and devoted Love.We need to have the monument put back.

Re: Dedication Plaque

John
Can you give an email address to our visitors , so they may send an email to complain about this problem?

Ron
I am John's wife and he is in the process of obtaining an email address for visitors to send. The director's name is Patrick Sullivan. I believe in this organization as well as my husband, and not just for the dogs but the veterans and dog handlers as well,, It is a fitting tribute for all canine as well as military personnel to be remembered for their dedication and service to all. As soon as I recieve this information I will post this on the website here in the forum. I am hoping for a positive outcome not just for having this plaque restored on the wall where it belongs for all to see and remember but for the veterans at this facility who are outraged at such an act. We appreciate all that you are doing to bring awareness to all and to your dedication to these animals which served the military . Thank you again. We will be renewing our membership with this organization as well as purchasing more items such as the shirt which says it all,, Thanks to all who care, This matter is of utmost importance,

The person who handels complaints at the VA.is Karen Brodolo (Karen.Brodlo@Va.gov Phone#224-610-3829
Thank You for your support